FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Alucard vs Dante

This is where you will debate until the main site comes back online.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Alucard vs Dante

Postby guardianangel1911 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:39 am

(suggested by Alpha or Omega)

Alucard (Hellsing)
Dante (Devil May Cry)

Description
Two red coats and gun users with super natural powers face off.
Not the reboot Dante.
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Re: Alucard vs Dante

Postby Friendlysociopath » Wed May 30, 2018 2:37 am

...3,000,000+ souls for Alucard.

At a rate of 100 souls a second, it will take you 30,000 seconds or 8.33 hours of non-stop, never-ending combat to put Alucard down. That's without the obvious issues of Alucard fighting back or having to regenerate first.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Amm0vamp1r3 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:04 pm

Alucard should take the win if it’s true that Dante’s Healing factor can be taxed with exhaustion
Amm0vamp1r3
Primarch

Postby wingedlion » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:39 pm

There was a subject about this match that I'm not sure was effectively addressed back in the mainland.
Does Alucard have any answer to Dante sealing him?
wingedlion
Luminous Flesh Giant

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:15 pm

wingedlion wrote:There was a subject about this match that I'm not sure was effectively addressed back in the mainland.

Depends, the sealing actually seals right? Like restricts the power you have available like what it did to Arkham in DMC3?
If so- it would probably lock Alucard in base form- which doesn't affect his soul count.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby wingedlion » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:22 am

Friendlysociopath wrote:
wingedlion wrote:There was a subject about this match that I'm not sure was effectively addressed back in the mainland.

Depends, the sealing actually seals right? Like restricts the power you have available like what it did to Arkham in DMC3?
If so- it would probably lock Alucard in base form- which doesn't affect his soul count.

Huh? Arkham didn't get sealed. Perhaps you're thinking about Mundus?
In any case, it's the latter I'm talking about, and Dante did more than just seal his power. He sent Mundus straight back to hell. The seal is a complete BFR.
wingedlion
Luminous Flesh Giant

Postby Friendlysociopath » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:43 am

wingedlion wrote:
Friendlysociopath wrote:

Huh? Arkham didn't get sealed. Perhaps you're thinking about Mundus?
In any case, it's the latter I'm talking about, and Dante did more than just seal his power. He sent Mundus straight back to hell. The seal is a complete BFR.

Isn't that what Jackpot is? Dante and Vergil very definitely used that on Arkham in DMC3- he then popped back into the real world and Lady killed him. Whether that's from BFR or the portal starting to close (which was mentioned in the following cutscene) I do not know.

Mundus was already IN hell and trying to get out so I don't entirely know how you could claim the seal specifically BFRs him rather than just seals powers away- which would have the same effect since with his power sealed he wouldn't be able to force his way to Earth anymore.

That said, do we even know it's a seal in the first place? For either BFR or power-sealing? Is it just being an empowered shot not an option that fits just as well? Every time I know of Dante using it in games (with Trish and with Vergil) it's someone else working alongside him with additional power- nothing explicitly stated to be sealing.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby wingedlion » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:22 pm

Isn't that what Jackpot is? Dante and Vergil very definitely used that on Arkham in DMC3- he then popped back into the real world and Lady killed him. Whether that's from BFR or the portal starting to close (which was mentioned in the following cutscene) I do not know.

As Arkham wasn't sealed in Hell, whatever version Dante and Vergil used is evidently different from the one used against Mundus.
Mundus was already IN hell and trying to get out

No he wasn't. Dante was out of the underworld by the time Mundus manifested against him a second time. He only faced Mundus in hell the first time.
That said, do we even know it's a seal in the first place? For either BFR or power-sealing? Is it just being an empowered shot not an option that fits just as well?

For the one with Arkham, sure. As the one with Mundus sends him back to hell, however, that one is definitely a BFR. Empowered shots don't do that.
wingedlion
Luminous Flesh Giant

Postby Friendlysociopath » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:48 pm

wingedlion wrote:

As Arkham wasn't sealed in Hell, whatever version Dante and Vergil used is evidently different from the one used against Mundus.

Uhhh it's the same ability with the same name- unless that means nothing in which case I question how you're going to get any particular effect sorted out among Dante's attacks.

wingedlion wrote:
Mundus was already IN hell and trying to get out

No he wasn't. Dante was out of the underworld by the time Mundus manifested against him a second time. He only faced Mundus in hell the first time.

Mundus was in the process of escaping, whether he was entirely "free" or not is unknown.

wingedlion wrote:
That said, do we even know it's a seal in the first place? For either BFR or power-sealing? Is it just being an empowered shot not an option that fits just as well?

For the one with Arkham, sure. As the one with Mundus sends him back to hell, however, that one is definitely a BFR. Empowered shots don't do that.

As evidenced by? Mundus was using his own power to escape- why is shooting him with a more powerful bullet and weakening him to the point where he falls back into the prison he was trying to escape from have to be wrong while him suddenly without warning gaining the ability to seal beings away is the more likely option?
Empowering his shots is something Dante has shown himself capable of multiple times.
Sealing beings is based on one feat and it's not stated or anything else- it's fan interpretation.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby wingedlion » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:37 pm

Uhhh it's the same ability with the same name-

It's literally not. Do tell how blasting someone back to their original form is the same as sending them to another dimension.
Mundus was in the process of escaping, whether he was entirely "free" or not is unknown.

He wasn't in the process of anything- he was out. The place that he and Dante were in was no longer in the underworld.
As evidenced by? Mundus was using his own power to escape- why is shooting him with a more powerful bullet and weakening him to the point where he falls back into the prison he was trying to escape from have to be wrong while him suddenly without warning gaining the ability to seal beings away is the more likely option?

What are you talking about? The portal only opened the moment the bullet hit him. There was nothing to fall into until he got hit by Jackpot.
https://youtu.be/UUCBTVuWAmE?t=819
Look at the video again. He wasn't in between dimensions- he got out. He was on the part of Mallet Island that was in the physical world. Dante had already got out of hell in the process of trying to escape Mallet island collapsing.
Further, Dante's sealing ability isn't fully unprecedented. His father literally did the same thing when he defeated Mundus in the past.
wingedlion
Luminous Flesh Giant

Next

Return to Factpile Debates