FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Thor vs Link

This is where you will debate until the main site comes back online.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Re: Thor vs Link

Postby guardianangel1911 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:30 pm

I was more saying I don't know if its worth arguing about lightning resistance when the explosive force would probably kill anyway. Or a hammer throw..which Thor in that same video as the Manhattan feat and the thunder kamehameha/god blast near the start of the video during the fight with the wrecking crew Thor shows he's more than happy to let an opponent think their in the clear then boomerang the hammer into their spine.

Spectacular was intended to be the Spider-Man that showed up there even had the dialogue recorded...but then they had Drake redub the lines to promote the Ultimate Series...then ditched EMH for Assemble rendering the whole redubbing effort down the drain because Ultimate then crossed over with Assemble.

Also...yeah best superhero cartoon theme song outside maybe the 90's X-Men theme.
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Postby Alpha or Omega » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:36 pm

Yeah, that's kinda why this thread is a stomp against Link. No idea why this was seen as fair. Maybe thematic but hardly fair at all.

It's pretty up there. I would put the JL and JLU themes up there as well as the Spectacular Spider-Man and Batman Animated themes.
A lesson is learnt from victory, a thousand from defeat.
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby guardianangel1911 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:52 pm

I mean, against MCU he might put up a fight.....but yeah the other rounds are not great days for Link.

I'd say if I had to rank for me...
1. EMH I mean it became a meme of goes with everything for a while, you know you've got top tier music when you do that. More seriously its hust so hype and sets the stage so damn well. All of them do but imo Fight as One does it best.
2. 90's X-Men almost purely from nostalgia perhaps
3. Spectacular Spider-Man just so hype.
4. 90s Batman again, very hype
5. JL/JLU not bad at all just...personally the others get me a bit more pumped.
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Postby darkwingdragon709 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:08 pm

guardianangel1911 wrote:I mean, against MCU he might put up a fight.....but yeah the other rounds are not great days for Link.

I'd say if I had to rank for me...
1. EMH I mean it became a meme of goes with everything for a while, you know you've got top tier music when you do that. More seriously its hust so hype and sets the stage so damn well. All of them do but imo Fight as One does it best.
2. 90's X-Men almost purely from nostalgia perhaps
3. Spectacular Spider-Man just so hype.
4. 90s Batman again, very hype
5. JL/JLU not bad at all just...personally the others get me a bit more pumped.

Hey...how do you not have the 90s Spider-Man theme on your list?

As for the fight...yeah I like link but this battle was terribly one sided. Someone wanted to see link get turned into paste.
darkwingdragon709
Misery Machine

Postby guardianangel1911 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:16 pm

Well that was a list of the ones we mentioned, of course that and 90s Iron Man both make top ten and it changes a bit
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Postby Polloloko » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:25 pm

What about Link's Mirror Shield?

Thats the last thing I ask.

MCU Thor - Link

EMH Thor >> Link

616 Thor 》》》 Link.
Polloloko
Misery Machine

Postby Friendlysociopath » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:37 pm

Polloloko wrote:What about Link's Mirror Shield?

MCU Thor - Link

EMH Thor >> Link

616 Thor 》》》 Link.

Straight back into NLF and lacking feats territory. We simply cannot with any certainty prove the shield could take the hits. Thor's another league from Link.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby guardianangel1911 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:48 pm

I mean, Mirror Shield is fine for stuff in front of him to a point though I question its effectiveness against attacks from behind he doesn't see coming, and if 616 Thor fires an energy blast that gets reflected he can reabsorb it and fire it back even stronger, and sooner or later someones going to lose that tennis match
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Postby darkwingdragon709 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:28 pm

Polloloko wrote:What about Link's Mirror Shield?

MCU Thor - Link

EMH Thor >> Link

616 Thor 》》》 Link.

I gotta agree with the others, Thor is simply on a whole other tier level for link. There's either not enough feats, or the feats there are for the hylian are simply not enough to keep him alive long enough to deal any significant damage to Thor before he...ahem...accidentally turns link to dust by sneezing...or turning around to walk away in laughter and the force of his cape smacks link into orbit.

There's no point in discussing 616 or EMH Thor any further. Link MAY have a fighting chance against MCU Thor with the right gear or plan...maybe, odds are NOT in his favor.
darkwingdragon709
Misery Machine

Previous

Return to Factpile Debates