FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

[PS]God of War 4

Consoles, Portables, and PC

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Please make use of identification tags when you create your new topic when appropriate: i.e. [XBOX].

[PS]God of War 4

Postby SmilinJack » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:53 pm

Set in Norse mythology?

It seems like leaked images say that it's not the case, but I hope they have a new protagonist. I like my protagonists to be more than just rage and masculine stereotypes, no offense to Kratos fans.
Hope for the best. Plan for the worst.
SmilinJack
Utopia Overlord

Re: [PS]God of War 4

Postby Alpha or Omega » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:17 pm

Kratos was actually a pretty decent character, at least, from the first game alone.
It was pretty much from the second game and after that the devs didn't really focus much on Kratos other than being constantly angry and fought against the gods.
He did kill himself (or sacrificed his powers at least) to save the world at the end of the third game.
Other than that, yeah, there isn't much to Kratos.

It's possibly a reboot with norse mythology? A character similar to Kratos?
Probably would still be Kratos except in name.

With that being said, GoW games are pretty good hack and slash games.
A lesson is learnt from victory, a thousand from defeat.
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby Hitman H94 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:29 am

I think it probs will be a reboot, the question is whether it will be as interesting as the Greek gods.

Would be pretty cool if Kratos was the final boss tho, he like invaded and you have to stop him.

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby SmilinJack » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:57 am

Alpha or Omega wrote:Kratos was actually a pretty decent character, at least, from the first game alone.
It was pretty much from the second game and after that the devs didn't really focus much on Kratos other than being constantly angry and fought against the gods.
He did kill himself (or sacrificed his powers at least) to save the world at the end of the third game.
Other than that, yeah, there isn't much to Kratos.

It's possibly a reboot with norse mythology? A character similar to Kratos?
Probably would still be Kratos except in name.

With that being said, GoW games are pretty good hack and slash games.

Oh, I agree. Kratos was fun at first. It seemed like the developers had no clue what character development was by the time the second game was ready to be made and instead confused it for taking what personality traits Kratos had and making them bigger and dumber. Physical strength? More! Anger? More! Apathy for the well being of everyone else? More! Yelling (Particularly at Zeus)? ... MOAR!!!

I would love it as a reboot. Make it so that more heroes exist. Norse mythology can give someone else just as much reason to be ridiculously angry!

As far as gameplay goes, the God of War series is fantastic. In my opinion it is second to Devil May Cry in hack and slash for it's time, and I know that that's largely personal bias. The added weapons in each game kept things fresh and enjoyable.

@Hitman

I'd say that it's very well possible. I personally like Norse mythology much better.
Hope for the best. Plan for the worst.
SmilinJack
Utopia Overlord

Postby Alpha or Omega » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:50 pm

God of War 4 Gameplay

SmilinJack wrote:Oh, I agree. Kratos was fun at first. It seemed like the developers had no clue what character development was by the time the second game was ready to be made and instead confused it for taking what personality traits Kratos had and making them bigger and dumber.
I would love it as a reboot. Make it so that more heroes exist. Norse mythology can give someone else just as much reason to be ridiculously angry!

I think they heard what you said. Kratos does seem a little bit more caring seeing as he has a kid companion, and he doesn't exploit the child for anything. Granted, this is his son. He focuses on the kid's hunt for the deer. He even tries to awkwardly pat his kid. He's a father (figure) now!
He still has the rage if Spartan Rage is an indication.

Is this the same Kratos? Spartan's Rage indicates this is the same Greek guy, but he's decked in Norse Gear. Either he adopted the cold North's tradition or this is a new Kratos.
His axe has ice powers and has runes, and he has a basic bow and arrow.

Speaking of father figures, the gameplay is over the shoulder just like the Last of Us
The hacking and slashing is slower than usual, matching the Last of Us gameplay even more.
No jumps? He can throw and retrieve his axe from a distance.
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby Hitman H94 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:20 pm

Gotta say I loved what I saw and I wish I had a PS4 now :/

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby Beyonder » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:09 am

R.I.P Thor
Beyonder
FactPiler

Postby Alpha or Omega » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:56 am

Kratos' son is playable.
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby DonaldRed » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:49 am

Anybody else hyped up for the new God of War? The wait is almost over boys!
DonaldRed
Plebe

Return to Video Games