FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Mainland Showcase Suggestions

FactPile quality control. Poll your fellow Pilers for battles you intend to suggest in the mainland.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Mainland Showcase Suggestions

Postby Matapiojo » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:05 pm

Please submit any suggestions for old and unresolved matches to be showcased weekly in the mainland's front page.

Showcased Matches
Daredevil vs Batman
Published - 01/04/08Showcased - 09/28/12
Original Scenario:
Spoiler
Admin wrote:Having read hundreds of comics for both of these characters, I can’t really tell how Daredevil would stand a snowball’s chance of winning this match.

It seems like Batman would have an answer to everything and anything Daredevil could throw at him.

So, Daredevil fans, how am I wrong?
New Scenario:
Spoiler
Matapiojo wrote:This is a two-part fight taking place in current Manhattan at approximately 3:00 am.

Daredevil (Marvel Comics) and Batman (DC Comics) are on the prowl. A group of eight highly-skilled, ex-military robbers have successfully pulled hits on major banks in each of New York’s five boroughs within a 4-hour window, with Manhattan’s Federal Reserve Bank of New York being their last. The crew has evaded all law enforcement in their vehicle (a stolen Medical Emergency vehicle) and, not wanting to be boxed in the tunnel, are now trying to make their way across the bay via the George Washington Bridge. Both vigilantes are on foot and have gotten wind of the robbers’ actions, their escape route through Henry Hudson Pkwy, and are currently near central park.

The robbers are heavily armed and their vehicle is equipped with all form of gear associated with high-level mercenary work. Which costumed hero neutralizes the crew first?

Both vigilantes believe the other to be the leader of the crew, and must fight to the death as they have intel that the robbers are financing development of WMEs across the bay.

Batman wields his basic suit (w/ night-vision and para-cape) and belt, has spent most of his arsenal in the pursuit of the robbers, and currently has only his grappling gun and a dozen batarangs. Daredevil wields only his billy-club. Who takes the win?

Hulk vs Thor
Published - 02/04/09Showcased - 10/31/12
Original Scenario:
Spoiler
Admin wrote:Another match come to life by the powers at be at Marvel Comics – but that’s on their terms. How would this fight really take place?
New Scenario:
Spoiler
Matapiojo wrote:This week's showcase is a tribute to current events as the super-storm Sandy ravages through the eastern U.S. shores, and takes place in Earth-616 just before the Chaos War arch.

In this battle of Marvel titans, Odin has decided to teach Midgard a lesson in humility, and has thrown Thor into a rampage to be his great tool of irony. The god of thunder has cooked up a storm the likes of which have never been seen with the Asgardian centered in its eye. The monster storm has ravaged most of the globe with a diameter of approximately 800 miles with winds reaching over 110 mph at its weakest and 200 mph at its strongest, surges of over 25 ft, snowdrifts reaching 12 ft heights, and spawning numerous EF 4-5 tornadoes.

None are left to stop Thor's rage, save for the strongest one there is. Hulk has been equally enraged by the catastrophe that has claimed so many lives of those he holds dear (Betty and Skaar are amongst the fallen), and is about to unleash a rampage of his own against the Viking god. His rage has not been this great since the events of World War Hulk.

Odin has made sure the only path left to the misguided heroes is to terminate the other. Would either one succeed before the world is shattered beyond recovery?

Indiana Jones vs Nathan Drake
Published - 07/11/09Showcased - 10/10/12
Original Scenario:
Spoiler
Admin wrote:For this match, it’s not a brawl, but instead a race to recover some artifacts. Are there any obvious advantages that the one has over the other? In, who would accomplish their goal first?
New Scenario:
Spoiler
Matapiojo wrote:This match takes place in the world of National Treasure at the start of the first film.

Two of the greatest explorers known are pushed onto a race to uncover the truth behind two great mysteries, but only one can claim the glory on pain of death. John Adams Gates didn't have the opening discussion with his grandson. Instead, he wrote "The secret lies with Charlotte" onto two $1 bills, and mailed one to Indy and Nathan respectively. Both have been under surveillance, and are each attacked by 3 hooded figures armed with knives as soon as they read the message on the bill. Inspection of the hooded figures reveals a diary page that leads to the second film's plot, but reveal no other relevant clues.

Which of the two will be able to solve both plots first?

Nathan is in his current incarnation, while Indy's version is the one just after the ending of Temple of Doom. The same organization that sent the groups to intercept the packages will be attempting to stop the explorers with lethal force every step of the way. The spotlight will protect whoever solves the mysteries, but the organization will kill the other immediately to prevent further exposure.

Kharn the Betrayer vs Lobo
Published - 12/02/08Showcased - 11/28/12
Original Scenario:
Spoiler
Admin wrote:Well, Warhammer 40k fans, I think Lobo presents quite the challenge for Kharn.

Both have awesome weaponry, a bit ‘o crazy in them and are pretty much indestructible.

If I had to bet, I’d put my money on Lobo…
New Scenario:
Spoiler
Matapiojo wrote:This fight takes place in the Skalathrax campaign (prior to Kharn turning against his Legion), with five hours before the dreaded daemon-world's nightfall.

Slaanesh has taken note of Lobo's pride in his martial skills, and has summoned the last Czarnian from the New 52 universe to do battle against Kharn and his World Eaters. He has been given Lord status in command of the Emperor’s Children army.

Will Lobo change the course of this battle by defeating the World Eaters before all are forced to take shelter, or will Kharn still earn his notorious title of Betrayer as well as a worthy skull for Khorne's throne?

Master Chief vs Judge Dredd
Published - 01/09/09Showcased - 10/24/12
Original Scenario:
Spoiler
Admin wrote:I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t know much about Dredd. I know there was a movie with Sylvester Stallone a few years ago and I never saw that, and I never read the comic, so it wouldn’t be fair to make a decision.

Instead, I’ll leave it to you to determine the outcome of this fight.

Who wins?
New Scenario:
Spoiler
Matapiojo wrote:This fight takes place in current Washington D.C. at 12:00 pm.

Chief and Dredd have been given instruction to eliminate the other with extreme prejudice to protect the nation’s capital. Both combatants have been deployed at opposite ends of the field with the equipment listed below.

Judge Dredd is deployed at the steps of the U.S. Capitol with:
    Lawmaster
    Street Judge Armor
    Lawgiver
    Widowmaker
    Daystick
Master Chief is deployed at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial with:
    Covenant Ghost
    Mark VI Armor
    SMG (x2)
    Battle Rifle
    Shotgun
Note: Both have unlimited ammunition for standard rounds associated with each weapon, but Dredd only has a single clip for each non-standard round for both firearms.

Who will be victorious in defending the pillar of democracy?

Predators vs Terminators
Published - 11/14/10Showcased - 12/05/12
Original Scenario:
Spoiler
Admin wrote:Suggested by shadow2224990

Here we have two site favorites for a Group Battle in the Predators up against the Terminators.

Scenario:
The Predators come to earth after the Terminators kill off most of the human
race.

The terminator known as Marcus has not been created yet.

Who wins?
New Scenario:
Spoiler
Matapiojo wrote:This fight takes place in a hybrid Earth from Terminator: Salvation and AVP:R.

Skynet unleashed its assault on humanity after the U.S. government detonated the nuclear device on the city of Gunnison, Colorado. The Predators concluded that humanity had wiped itself, but a rogue unit of 10 hunters have returned to Earth (a year after John Connor's broadcast at the end of Salvation) in hopes that some game survived the holocaust and potentially be even more lethal in their struggle to survive. Their expectations were surpassed when they discovered that the planet had been overrun by the powerful A.I. and its creations, and are being opposed by rugged human militia.

The Predators have spread across the globe to hunt down Terminator and Human alike. The Predator ship is left in orbit around the Moon along with its pilot to coordinate hunts, but it will not engage any target on the planet directly (the pilot is a seasoned veteran and may opt to join the hunt at any time). Being a rogue hunting unit, Preds have access to a large arsenal as well as a small number of collected alien species, including a single xenomorph facehugger.

Will Skynet neutralize the new extraterrestrial menace, will the Predators make short work of this new prey, or will humanity be able to eliminate both in their crossfire?

Sam Fisher vs Solid Snake
Published - 08/01/09Showcased - 10/03/12
Original Scenario:
Spoiler
Admin wrote:Suggested by Blood Dancer
Surprisingly, this is only the second time Sam Fisher has appeared in a match on this site. This match isn’t a fight, but instead it’s a match to see who’s stealth ability would win out over the other. To make it interesting, the scenario is that the objective is located on the 11th floor of a 21 story hotel. Snake starts at the bottom, and Fisher starts from the roof.

Who gets there first?
New Scenario:
Spoiler
Matapiojo wrote:This match takes place in the World Trade Center on Sept 11, 2001 at 8:00 am.

Pitting two of the greatest special operation assets in fiction, Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell) is going against Solid Snake (Metal Gear) in a special rescue mission with very high stakes. Both agents have received intelligence that there is an impending attack on the towers that will take place within the hour, and that hostiles in civilian clothing are holding a person of interest hostage somewhere inside. The location of the target, or the number of hostiles is unknown, but it is suspected he may be held between floor 70 and 80 of either tower. Both agents have received instruction to locate and extract the hostage, but not to interfere with the hostiles and the incoming attack in any way, nor interact with building personnel or civilians or disrupt their operations. Lethal force has been allowed against any interfering party as long as it does not violate other mission conditions. They have also been advised that the person of interest had increased building security as well as placed an undercover detail of 20 ex-special forces contractors that are unaware of their charge being successfully apprehended by the hostiles.

(The person of interest is located in the 72nd floor of the south tower, but number of hostiles, security, and personal detail is evenly split between buildings)

Fisher has been deployed at the NW street corner of the North Tower with:
    - Mk V Tac Suit
    - Multi-Vision Googles
    - M468 Assault Rifle
    - P190
    - MK.23 w/ Suppressor
    - SC Knife
    - 2 Flashbangs
    - 2 Chaff Grenades
    - 1 Smoke Grenade
    - Rappel gear w/ 50′ Fast Rope
Snake has been deployed at the NE street corner of the North Tower with:
    - OctoCamo
    - Solid Eye
    - M4 Custom Carbine
    - P90
    - Mk. 2 Pistol w/ Suppressor
    - Stun Knife
    - 2 Stun Grenades
    - 2 Chaff Grenades
    - 1 Smoke Grenade
    - Rappel gear w/ 50′ Fast Rope
- The survival of the hostage is of highest priority in the interest of ongoing national security. Who will succeed?

Voltron vs Great Mazinger
Published - 05/14/08Showcased - 10/17/12
Original Scenario:
Spoiler
Admin wrote:For the sake of this discussion, the only Voltron being considered is the Lion Force Voltron.

Voltron has a formidable opponent in Great Mazinger (Mazinga), a Shogun Warrior that was cool because the ship that acted as his brain could remove itself and work separately from the mecha’s body.

Voltron
    - “Defender of the Universe”
    - Gargantuan Sword
    - Can fight as separate lions; not as powerful

Great Mazinger (Mazinga)
    - Missiles…lots of them
    - Detachable Pilot ship
    - Ample sword
As much as I would want Mazinga to win, I think Voltron slices him up in a bout 2 seconds – but is there anyone out there who thinks the Shogun Warrior can win out?

Bonus: Fantastic Voltron site – check it out
New Scenario:
Spoiler
Matapiojo wrote:This match takes place in Star Wars universe.

Two of the greatest mechs in Pilerverse have been ported onto the surface of the Death Star just as the Battle of Yavin begins. The Rebel Alliance has deployed its assault squadrons, but they have not yet cleared the gas giant to have the battle station in their sights.

Lion Force Voltron has been ported to the north pole of the Death Star, while Great Mazinger has been ported to the south. Both mechs have a directive to eliminate the other without interfering with the battle, but can and will defend themselves if they come under attack. The empire considers both mechs to be rebel secret weapons, but will cease fire against them as soon as the mechs begin doing battle. The rebels see the mechs as a great boon to their assault and will leave them well enough alone.

NOTE: Vader, Luke, Solo, and any other key character is protected by P.I.S. to fulfill their tasks as seen in the movie and related Star Wars publications. The mech battle will not interfere with those elements in any way, and their battle will not be interrupted by those in turn.

Will one mech come out victorious? Will either, or both, get destroyed by the Death Star’s defenses? Or will both get blown to bits with Luke’s auspicious torpedo launch?

Upcoming Showcases
T.B.D. (Next)
Original Scenario:
Spoiler
Admin wrote:Inc.
New Scenario:
Spoiler
Matapiojo wrote:Inc.

Possible Showcases
AT-PT vs Imperial Guard Sentinel
Batman vs Predator
Boba Fett & Samus vs Ridley & IG-88
Chun Li vs Batgirl
Cloud Strife vs Nightmare
Connor McLeod vs William Wallace
Daredevil vs Moon Knight
Fulgore vs Terminator
Gandalf vs Merlin
Gordon Freeman vs Marcus Fenix
Gundam vs Robotech
Lara Croft vs Baroness
Link vs Lich King
M. Bison vs Shao Kahn
Master Chief vs Guyver
Max Payne vs John McClane
Nightmare vs Shang Tsung
Snake vs Wolverine
Snake Plissken vs Rambo
Spiderman vs Deadpool
Ultron vs Brainiac
Voldemort vs Skeletor
Witchblade vs Spider-woman
Wolverine vs Ryu Hayabusa
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Re: Mainland Showcase Suggestions

Postby TheSorrow » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:02 pm

Hmmm I may very well have to look back on some of the older archives. I do however have one in mind, Sam Fisher vs Solid Snake. This time I believe Solid Snake and Sam Fisher should have a list of weapons and equipment they are allowed to use.
"You can either fight at my side, or get crushed under my heel. But you will NOT stand in my way."

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Postby Matapiojo » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:20 pm

Sounds good. Will keep it in mind for next Wed. I am not very knowledgeable on either, so a rough list of items for me to research before posting would be appreciated.
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby TheSorrow » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:37 pm

Hmm for Fisher, that might take a bit more effort. Snake however I believe he should get the following:

OctoCamo (More so to aid his advanced age)
Solid Eye
M4 Custom Carbine
P90 (For close quarters)
Mk. 2 Pistol with Suppressor
Stun Knife
2 Stun Grenades
2 Chaff Grenades
1 Smoke Grenade

I believe Sam should have a similar set up weaponry wise. What that might entail, I will have to research a bit more to find out.
"You can either fight at my side, or get crushed under my heel. But you will NOT stand in my way."

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Postby TheSorrow » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:59 pm

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Postby Hitman H94 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:11 pm

Maybe this would be better in Match Aide as were are discussing battles and how to make them more fairer and stuff.

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby TheSorrow » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:23 pm

True, but as long as our suggestions are paid attention to. I am okay.

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Postby Nomad » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:15 pm

Master Chief vs. Captain America. It is great to see this idea taken seriously.
Nomad
FactPiler

Postby Alpha or Omega » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:28 pm

Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter vs Soul Calibur
-This time, no cross overs or guest characters allowed.
Master Chief vs Kratos
Ryu vs Liu Kang
"Darn-sung, dang-busted, horse-thievin', alien control panel which can't nobody work proper!" - Vigilante
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby Nomad » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:55 pm

Nomad
FactPiler

Next

Return to Match Aide