FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Concert Experiences

Let the tunes reign supreme here!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: Concert Experiences

Postby theobserver » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:22 am

Captain Epic wrote:Thousand Foot Krutch is awesome! I would love to see them live.

Best $10 I've spent that year. :D
theobserver
Harvester of Sorrow

Postby ptaine » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:51 pm

theobserver wrote:Thanks :) I actually managed to make it into the concert with a pretty decent spot. Gotta say it was absolutely amazing.
this makes for one HELL of an awesome start!

Nice! I gotta say there's nothing like a concert to kick off a new year of something. I did that with Sevendust on New Year’s Eve. Good times.

For the heck of it, just some random trivia stuff since I was thinking about it.

ptaine wrote: Korn was rather unspectacular even though they were still good, But Evanescence kicked ass with their new drummer and guitarist from Dark New Day.

My first concert was Earthday Birthday in Orlando headlined by Sevendust and Three Doors Down. I didn’t get to see them, but Doubledrive and Jimmies Chicken Shack were two of my favorite bands from the 90’s that I got to see that blew me away with their stage presence.

Doubledrive’s guitarist was Troy McLawhorn who was in Dark New Day with Will Hunt and Clint Lowery. Will Hunt and Troy are now in Evanescence full time, and Clint Lowery is the guitarist in Sevendust BUT he also played Head’s guitar parts for Korn during that particular Family Values tour. Sadly out of all of those I never got to see Dark New Day which maybe they will get together for a reunion tour or something, but seeing as they all have other bands it may not happen for awhile.

AND, in my sig are lyrics from a Jimmies Chicken Shack song Milk.
I'm not talking to myself, I'm just the only one who's listening...
ptaine
Freak On A Leash

Postby Matapiojo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:03 am

ptaine wrote:AND, in my sig are lyrics from a Jimmies Chicken Shack song Milk.

And I love that quote.
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Blood Dancer » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:00 pm

Watching Iron Maiden for free! It was awesome and cost-efficient 8-)
Life is the one ride we cannot afford to lose
Blood Dancer
Ready For Action

Postby ptaine » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:27 pm

Matapiojo wrote:
ptaine wrote:AND, in my sig are lyrics from a Jimmies Chicken Shack song Milk.

And I love that quote.

Me too, one of my favorite songs as well.

Blood Dancer wrote:Watching Iron Maiden for free! It was awesome and cost-efficient 8-)

Free concerts are always good!
ptaine
Freak On A Leash

Postby theobserver » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:47 am

Add Journey to my list. Today was awesome!
theobserver
Harvester of Sorrow

Postby bardian97 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:36 am

In the last week I saw the Blue Man Group and Coheed and Cambria.
Let me tell you, that because of watching these two bands, I haven't needed to rape anything for the last week.

The blue man group was a kindof funny show, but it wasn't the best thing I've been to. I was excited when they started playing crazy train, but other than that it was nothing more than pretty good.

Coheed and Cambria, however was fucking INSANE. Their performance was SPECTACULAR, and goes to show why they're my favorite band. I don't think my head stopped banging for any one second of that show. Even their openers were pretty awesome. I now have a new interest in both '3' and 'The Dear Hunter.' OOH, AND I got a signed CD. So, that's pretty cool.

Anyways, I'm tired now. And I don't get to sleep all day.
Dammit.
Dicks
bardian97
Psychotron

Postby CGNefarious » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:51 pm

My first concert was Godsmack and Metallica. I don't remember who opened for them because I had to show up late and arrived at the end of their last song. At the time Godsmack was one of my favorites, and I'm a big fan of older Metallica, so it was a very nice first concert for me.

My most memorable concert experience would have to be G3. It was Satriani, Petrucci, and Gilbert, the latter two being my favorite guitarists of all time. I went to two shows within 3 days of each other, one in a small theater in Atlanta where I was directly in front of the stage the entire time, and the other was at the House of Blue in Myrtle Beach where after the concert I got to go back stage because the security mistook my friend for a professional photographer because of her camera. Meeting three of my guitar idols was definitely a great experience, especially since all three of those guys are super nice and don't have the Malmsteen syndrome.

The most impressive concert I've been to would have to be Dream Theater. They had two local band open for them (which is awesome) who were actually pretty good, but once Dream Theater hit the stage I was shown how talented they truly were. I have never seen a band play to quite that level of perfection before and the level of musicianship was of course off the charts. Jordan Rudess is absolutely brilliant. I had extremely high expectations before the show, since DT is my favorite band and one of the reasons I started learning how to actually play the guitar instead of knowing just a few chords, and I was not let down.
If there is one thing I can't stand, it's intolerance.
CGNefarious
FactPiler

Postby ptaine » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:17 pm

Man, I haven't been to a show in awhile, I was supposed to go to All That Remains, Dethklok, and Black Dahlia Murder a week or two ago but no such luck.

I saw Coheed with Avenged Sevenfold. I've seen Avenged a few times and they never disappoint and while Coheed is not among my favorites the dude is a beast on the guitar and they put on a pretty good show.

All of Dreamtheater is ridiculous but Rudess and Petrucci are insane. I'm still a little sad that Portnoy is no longer with them, but I'm glad I got to see them before that all went down.
ptaine
Freak On A Leash

Postby CGNefarious » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:54 am

Portnoy's leaving of Dream Theater was the first time a line change in a band effected me on a personal level. Don't get me wrong, I like Mangini and all, but Portnoy is my man. =(
If there is one thing I can't stand, it's intolerance.
CGNefarious
FactPiler

Previous

Return to Music