FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

The Metal Thread

Let the tunes reign supreme here!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: The Metal Thread

Postby krazycrismore » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:57 am

As far as brutality goes, Nile was the strongest of the three I mentioned. Vader is deathrash and Bloodbath is mostly pure Death Metal, while Nile is more of Brutal/Taechnical Death Metal. Vader is still very heavy and brutal, even though they were still somewhat thrashy, while Mikeal Akerfeldt's harsh vocals are very heavy/brutal. While neither of the latter two are exactly Brutal Death metal they are still very heavy. Brutal Death Metal is not a subgenre I have very much interest in. But, I still had a few bands that I felt were very heavy.
"One miracle, my lord. Delivered as requested. That should hold them back for a few hours. Long enough?"
-Androl Genhald
krazycrismore
J's Sammich Wench

Postby ka-tet19 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:04 am

as long as its heavy and i can bang my head too it. still some sweet music
whatever becomes has already happened before the after thought began at all
ka-tet19
Ready For Action

Postby krazycrismore » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:32 am

ka-tet19 wrote:as long as its heavy and i can bang my head too it. still some sweet music

I prefer intricacy/complexity to pure heaviness. Take Estradasphere vs Cannibal Corpse for example. While CC is by far more heavy and brutal, I prefer the variety of Estradasphere. Brutality and heaviness, IMO, is not a reason to listen to a band. The other elements are what really matter to me. With Nile, even though they are REALLY heavy, George Kollias's drumming adds so much too the music. While Wintersun, not particularly heavy or brutal, is far more enjoyable.
"One miracle, my lord. Delivered as requested. That should hold them back for a few hours. Long enough?"
-Androl Genhald
krazycrismore
J's Sammich Wench

Postby ka-tet19 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:40 am

krazycrismore wrote:
ka-tet19 wrote:as long as its heavy and i can bang my head too it. still some sweet music

I prefer intricacy/complexity to pure heaviness. Take Estradasphere vs Cannibal Corpse for example. While CC is by far more heavy and brutal, I prefer the variety of Estradasphere. Brutality and heaviness, IMO, is not a reason to listen to a band. The other elements are what really matter to me. With Nile, even though they are REALLY heavy, George Kollias's drumming adds so much too the music. While Wintersun, not particularly heavy or brutal, is far more enjoyable.

i was just referring to the differences in styles and that the songs suited my needs for something of a heavier sound even though they weren't brutal death :P i enjoy alot of different metal some of it nowhere near heavy. as a matter of fact i think it might be time for a little demons and wizards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wssAxRd0BA0
ka-tet19
Ready For Action

Postby krazycrismore » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:55 am

I wasn't saying that you were of the state of mind thinking that brutal and heavy metal is the best sort of metal. I was saying that just because it is metal doesn't mean that it doesn't need to be heavy and brutal, although it is more inclined to be. Metal has many more elements than being super heavy. IMO, 'true metal, has both super heaviness and a great deal of intricacy. I think that Sons of Winter and Stars by WIntersun is one of the most Metal songs of this year. It has heaviness, technicality, variety, and intricacy, which are the most prominent elements of metal, IMO.
-Androl Genhald
krazycrismore
J's Sammich Wench

Postby ka-tet19 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:56 am

i'm currently playing a song but i will check it out once it is finished
ka-tet19
Ready For Action

Postby ka-tet19 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:20 am

i always find it stimulating when a song exceeds ten minutes
ka-tet19
Ready For Action

Postby krazycrismore » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:26 am

I understand. I was just saying as far as the most prominent aspects of metal go, heaviness, complexity, and variety, this song is phenomenal. Being mostly written by Jari Maenpaa it is very melodic and technical. There are also some pretty heavy parts. It also has great variety in it.
-Androl Genhald
krazycrismore
J's Sammich Wench

Postby Jareth » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:11 am

to the question earlier yes I love folk metal...
"Why can't you just be happy...I mean like Jesus it's like such a astronomically hard concept for you...It's not that hard okay...Its not like you're building a fucking rocket ship out macaroni or some shit." ~Befudle
Jareth
I Am the Highway

Postby ka-tet19 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:48 pm

ka-tet19
Ready For Action

PreviousNext

Return to Music