Re: nightcore

Postby Stealthranger » Mon May 21, 2012 2:19 am

Stealthranger
Zombie Eater

Postby AquilaChrysaetos » Mon May 21, 2012 2:25 am

Ruliya wrote:@AC

You're joking right? As good as, if not better? Seriously? ... wow... just wow

Nightcore goes 'hey dude, you know that really kick ass song you got? Yea, well we're going to speed it up by 50% make it more synthy, oh and you'll all sound like Chipmunks! Awsome right?'

But, you know what AC? You know what!? They lied! It doesn't sound awsome at all!

No, in fact it sounds awful. A travesty! Woe is the music industry...

Spoiler
This should be read in a playful manner, I'm not actually having a go. Though I do, personally, think it is awful ;P

Eh, many people have a limited interest in music. Doesn't bother me. After all, they're the ones missing out. I just like to open my mind and broaden my horizons more than others. I've said before that I really do listen to almost ANYTHING except country and pop. And I really do mean it. :)
"Many wish they could be the sun, so the could brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you on your darkest hour"
AquilaChrysaetos
Organ Grinder

Postby krazycrismore » Mon May 21, 2012 5:23 am

AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Eh, many people have a limited interest in music. Doesn't bother me. After all, they're the ones missing out. I just like to open my mind and broaden my horizons more than others. I've said before that I really do listen to almost ANYTHING except country and pop. And I really do mean it. :)

Well, I listen to a very wide variety of music. Yes, 95% of what I listen to is metal. But, a large amount of the is Avant-Garde which combines many various genres with metal. However, I find 'nightcore' to be pointless. It isn't a genre, it is an effect. Most of the songs sound worse than the original, and some are rather pointless. Like turning an already very synthetic song 'nightcore', I posted an example of that.
"One miracle, my lord. Delivered as requested. That should hold them back for a few hours. Long enough?"
-Androl Genhald
krazycrismore
J's Sammich Wench

Postby krazycrismore » Mon May 21, 2012 5:51 am

Original
Nightcore
This song was completely butchered by being made nightcore. This is a very emotional song, very much conveying it's namesake emotions. However, the warped sound in the nightcore version completely removes the emotion in it. There is a certain heaviness that comes from the song that is removed by being sped up and made a higher pitch. Also the mix sounds wrong on the nightcore version. Some of the things are made less significant, while others sound much more prevalent.
"One miracle, my lord. Delivered as requested. That should hold them back for a few hours. Long enough?"
-Androl Genhald
krazycrismore
J's Sammich Wench

Postby AquilaChrysaetos » Mon May 21, 2012 3:01 pm

krazycrismore wrote:
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Eh, many people have a limited interest in music. Doesn't bother me. After all, they're the ones missing out. I just like to open my mind and broaden my horizons more than others. I've said before that I really do listen to almost ANYTHING except country and pop. And I really do mean it. :)

Well, I listen to a very wide variety of music. Yes, 95% of what I listen to is metal. But, a large amount of the is Avant-Garde which combines many various genres with metal. However, I find 'nightcore' to be pointless. It isn't a genre, it is an effect. Most of the songs sound worse than the original, and some are rather pointless. Like turning an already very synthetic song 'nightcore', I posted an example of that.

I don't really mind if someone mainly listens to one genre of music. I'm still generally able to talk with them about it and share songs anyway so it doesn't bother me. XD I just personally have multiple tastes.

Anyway, back to nightcore...
"Many wish they could be the sun, so the could brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you on your darkest hour"
AquilaChrysaetos
Organ Grinder

Postby Mister Teal » Mon May 21, 2012 3:03 pm

I'll listen to anything so long as it's played to the footage of cops beating people.
Mister Teal
Psychotron

Postby Stealthranger » Fri May 25, 2012 10:39 pm

Stealthranger
Zombie Eater

Postby Stealthranger » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:13 pm

Stealthranger
Zombie Eater

Postby Stealthranger » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:00 am