FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Album Review Suggestions

Let the tunes reign supreme here!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: Album Review Suggestions

Postby krazycrismore » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:29 pm

Baron Somebody wrote:These five sentences basically just say "fuck your suggestions, I'll just review what I feel like reviewing even though nobody knows who the fuck the bands even are"

No, it is more of "I'll review what I want to. Your suggestions are exactly that, suggestions. Next month I will be reviewing great bands that you almost certainly haven't heard of that I think you should know about." As a reviewer, I feel that I am supposed to write the review in a view that you haven't heard of the band I am reviewing. I describe what I like or dislike about the album, then recommend it as I feel it should be recommended. If you don't like how I review albums, there is a feedback thread, or you can just ignore my reviews.
"One miracle, my lord. Delivered as requested. That should hold them back for a few hours. Long enough?"
-Androl Genhald
krazycrismore
J's Sammich Wench

Postby Matapiojo » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:49 am

Submitting my suggestion for Onslaught's Killing Peace. This album has grown to be one of my favorites, and I would like to know your opinion of it.
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Baron Somebody » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:03 pm

Sepultura's "Arise" would be a great review

Baron Somebody wrote:I asked someone if it's normal to second guess walking motions...dude I am so fucked...
Baron Somebody
Megaraptor's Scapegoat

Postby Baron Somebody » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:49 pm

Scratch that, review Ministry's "Relapse" it's a 2012 album and a new favorite of mine

Baron Somebody wrote:I asked someone if it's normal to second guess walking motions...dude I am so fucked...
Baron Somebody
Megaraptor's Scapegoat

Postby ptaine » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:21 pm

What happened to the reviews?

Anyway I suggest Prisoners by The Agonist if these start up again.
I'm not talking to myself, I'm just the only one who's listening...
ptaine
Freak On A Leash

Postby fallstar thief » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:46 am

Poetry For the Poisoned by Kamelot
"The heralds of our extinction, The destroyers of the earth, The greatest threat to Humanity, Behold an Angel" - Kaworu Nagisa, Neon Genisis evangelion: Campus Apocalypse
fallstar thief
Ready For Action

Postby krazycrismore » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:25 pm

DLing Prisoners, Poetry for the Poisoned, and Killing Peace today. Expect reviews for them in the next month or two. I noticed that my anticipation for Time I was making reviewing a bit harder for me and perhaps a bit harsher, there were some reviews that I had half done read over and thought "I gave this album a decent score but I am really being hard on it." Now that Time I has came out I think I can get back to reviewing albums at a somewhat steady pace. Also, I am going to review Stolen Babies' new album Naught as well.
"One miracle, my lord. Delivered as requested. That should hold them back for a few hours. Long enough?"
-Androl Genhald
krazycrismore
J's Sammich Wench

Postby bardian97 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:36 pm

The Afterman: Ascension by Coheed and Cambria.

3 tracks in particular: Key Entity Extraction I; Domino the Destitute, Key Entity Extraction II; Hollywood the Cracked and Key Entity Extraction III; Vic the Butcher

I want to see what you think on it.
Dicks
bardian97
Psychotron

Postby krazycrismore » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:18 pm

Finished my first listen of all three albums and will give my initial thoughts. Prisoners is very good for being Metalcore. However, it is still Metalcore, a genre I am not much a fan of. Killing Peace is in your face mother fucking thrash; heavy, fast, and aggressive as hell. I am glad I normally am not much of a headbanger or my neck would seriously be hurting right now. While I enjoyed the style for a bit, but after about half the album it started feeling repetitive. Poetry for the Poisoned seemed a bit underwhelming to me. IMO the best part is Khan's vocals, and Simone Simons in the songs she is in. Review order will probably be Naught, Prisoners, Killing Peace, then Poetry for the Poisoned. That is also how they probably how they will rank in rating as well.
-Androl Genhald
krazycrismore
J's Sammich Wench

Postby ptaine » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:34 am

I was curious if you would like Prisoners given that it is metalcore, but I did think that you would like it somewhat which is why I suggested it.....I still am looking forward to a more in depth review of all those bands if you decide to do so..
I'm not talking to myself, I'm just the only one who's listening...
ptaine
Freak On A Leash

PreviousNext

Return to Music