FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

ERB Breakdown Part 2

Let the tunes reign supreme here!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ERB Breakdown Part 2

Postby ZomBninjasamurai » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:02 pm

Your friendly local neighborhood rap critic is back. This time I will be critiquing Darth Vader vs Adolf Hitler, the rap that really catapulted ERB into the spotlight.

Adolf Hitler:
I am Adolf Hitler! Commander of the Third Reich

little known fact: also dope on the mic

you are Vader, with your little boots and cape

and a helmet to cover up that burnt-ass face

you have the force to move objects,

i am a force truly evil

even went back in time

and turned you whack in the prequel

cause look at you, you´re not even a real person

i preferred you in Spaceballs, the Rick Moranis version

Darth Vader:

You can´t rhyme against the dark side of the force

why even bother?

So may dudes been with your mom

who even knows if I´m your father?

you´re a pissed off little prick,

with a napoleon dick,

you call that a mustache?

I call that dirty sanchez on your lip

you bitch, let me remind you who you´re messing with

everything that you did, i´m the motherfucker who invented it

i´m the original dark lord you´re like the sorcerer´s apprentice

my stormtroopers make yours look like someone

took a piece of shit and cloned it.

Adolf Hitler:

You stink Vader, your style smells something sour

you need to wash up, dawg here, step in my shower.

i´ll turn all your friends against you

just my speeches breed haters

what´s your lightsaber vs a clan of all your white neighbors

Darth Vader:

Suck my robot balls, now take a step back

and let me freeze yours off.

a little carbonite bath, for your goose stepping ass.

we´ll call my homeboy in israel, see who got the last laugh

Well, first off, Hitler starts off surprising well, rhyming 'Reich' with 'mic' is quite clever, and surprising the first time you hear it. Opening with a two-line rhyme instead of a three line is something I always prefer, as long as it serves a purpose which his did. But following it with 'little boots and cape' felt pretty weak, even with insulting his facial deformity. It feels like he could have come up with something better, baby voice never works in rap battles, and this is no exception. He makes up for that quite well by mentioning the prequels, and the fact that he doesn't harp on it helps alot he makes his point, and goes on to the next one, instead of taking shots at Hayden Christensen's character. The closing line of this verse had so much promise as soon as you heard 'Spaceballs' but then to make it rhyme, he says 'The Rick Moranis version' I do NOT like this, it seems kinda like he was desperate for a rhyme there, anyone who is gonna get that reference knows it was Rick Moranis, so it doesn't help. I don't know how he could have used that without that, but I am sure there was something. The word 'conversion' comes to mind. Still, referencing Spaceballs gets points.

Vader opens with a three line rhyme, while preferential for the middle of raps, I like it when an artists opens with a two because it starts things off quicker. Vader opens with insulting Hitler's mother and implying she was a whore, and thus references his own infamous line to Luke about being his father. It kinda feels shoehorned though, but it works as an opening, insulting mothers never gets old.Implying his dick is small, and insulting his mustache, both of those were just lacking IMO at least they rhymed, but Hitler's mustache looks too well-groomed for that imo, and small dick jokes? Seriously? I do like the "I'm the motherfucker who invented it" part though, I remember going into this, I wondered if Vader would use the "Long time ago" to establish he came first, or Hitler'd use real chronology. Vader took it, and it works. Then though he fucks up hard, he already made a shit reference, a second one shot himself in the foot, and makes Vader seem obsessive with it. Terrible closing to a verse.

Hitler's second verse, he starts by saying Vader stinks, and well, what a childish insult, what the fuck is he going to do with that, terrible. Except it wasn't, he made gold out of that, by referencing one of his most infamous atrocities without skipping a beat. Probably the best line in the entire rap battle, and the verse wasn't even over. He closes pretty strong with the white supremacy bit, reminding us that even today, Hitler's legacy survives.

Vader's second verse. Now, suck my robot balls would normally just be forfeiting, but his voice managed to carry it well, with authority. The actions on screen are nice and all, carbonite freezing Hitler it all feels like a concession, he could have come back strong too, referencing the massive following Star Wars has today, even the 501st, but he makes a balls joke. However, the last line, rubbing Hitler's failure right in his nose, Israel still exists, and he is dead, it's brilliant, but I think maybe a bit too brilliant for some of the viewers sadly.

Overall, neither of them established a good flow in my opinion, but I preferred Vader's
The Rhymes, probably go to Hitler
The opening line, definitely goes to Hitler,
The best insult, goes to Hitler.
The best buff, Vader
And the best closing line, Vader.
Best overall line, was Hitler's shower line.

That said, as close as this was, and as much as I love Vader, Hitler narrowly beat him here I think.
You should come inside the box...
If Harley Quinn is your favorite character, you're not a comic book fan, you're a Batman: The Animated Series fan.
ZomBninjasamurai
Utopia Warlord

Re: ERB Breakdown Part 2

Postby bardian97 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:52 pm

DO MOAR.
THIS WAS LOOOONG OVERDUE.
Dicks
bardian97
Psychotron

Postby Evil muNki » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:54 pm

This is pretty wonderful.
Evil muNki
All Secrets Known

Postby ZomBninjasamurai » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:01 pm

bardian97 wrote:DO MOAR.
THIS WAS LOOOONG OVERDUE.

I know, I know. I'm a horrible procrastinator.

Evil muNki wrote:This is pretty wonderful.

Thank you.
You should come inside the box...
If Harley Quinn is your favorite character, you're not a comic book fan, you're a Batman: The Animated Series fan.
ZomBninjasamurai
Utopia Warlord

Return to Music