FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

ERB Breakdown Part 1

Let the tunes reign supreme here!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ERB Breakdown Part 1

Postby ZomBninjasamurai » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:23 am

Today I will be breaking down Epic Rap Battles of History first video, and judging by all elements.(Flow, insults, rhyme etc...) Will decide who truly is the winner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHRxv-40WMU

John Lennon:

Help! You're making my ears bleed. You need a muzzle.

Why are you pissed off all the time? Didn't your mom give you a cuddle?

You're the type of guy who could die of a heart attack just in the shower.

You need to chill out for a minute and smoke weed for an hour.

Every time I watch your show, all you do is scream at me.

And your face looks like a shit I took, high on LSD.

I'm John Lennon. I'm a legend. I can see through all your tricks.

I wonder how much George Bush paid you to suck his dick!

Bill O' Reilly:

You fucking long hair, living in your yellow submarine.

Well, you're about to get sunk by the right-wing political machine.

Stop your presses, Lennon. You call me MR. Bill O'Reilly!

When it comes to squashing Limeys, I come recommended highly!

You're weak. Between you and me, there's no comparison.

I'll beat you so bad, you'll weep gently like George Harrison.

You're Paul McCartney's bitch with less talent than Ringo.

And I'd rather suck George Bush's dick than Yoko Ono's!

John Lennon:

Well, you can't buy me love, but I'll kick your ass for free.

I'll take Maxwell's silver hammer and give you a lobotomy.

I'm tired of how you scheme to stir the people up.

Why don't you just take a vacation and shut the fuck up?!

Bill O'Reilly:

Because I'm evil, heart blacker than Don Cheadle.

Ten thousand dollar shoes I use to stomp out a Beatle.

Don't tell me to shut the fuck up. That's how I survive.

Now here's Sting. What? Fuck it, we'll do it live!

Thems is the lyrics, now let's get down to the nitty gritty. Right off the bat, Lennon scores a few points by starting with a classic 'Help!' This immediately brings the listener to think of The Beatles, and remember their greatness, and in a way associate that with him. It's a god thing too, because his opening line was weak, the muzzle line was a total bomb, it does pick up slightly with the next line, not really anything above mediocre, implying childhood trauma causing adulthood anger issues is always a safe bet. The shower line, is actually kind've clever, not greatly insulting, but it fits his code nicely, and it solidly affirms the lax tone Lennon maintains through his entire rap, making him more likeable as if he wasn't already. The rest is fairly mediocre this verse, serving to make O'Reilly seem unreasonable, and constantly angry. He does close his verse well though with the George Bush's dick line, which was pretty good. Also it is worth noting the entire verse rhymed which is always a plus.

O'Reilly's first five lines don't have much of note, though he lessens the blow struck by Lennon's verse, by embracing most of what he said. Saying how he'll beat him, and that Lennon is weak, is weak stuff, it feels like it was just desperate for a rhyme, and wanted to use the George Harrison line, which while clever, cannot carry the prior line which feels like it was written by an angry seven year old. Now, the last two lines of this verse though, things heat up a bit, he manages to finish off referencing the Beatles, implying Lennon's status as the lowest rung on the ladder. If he had preceded it with an insult of the band, it would have carried more weight however, and feels like a missed opportunity. His last line though is a smashing success referencing Lennon's own line, and true to his style thus far embracing it and turning it around on Lennon, the Ono line was pretty great, and depending on one's views on her is even better.

The next verse though, Lennon comes out swinging, "You can't buy me love but I'll kick your ass for free." Is probably the best line in this rap, self-referencial, and implying violence towards his opponent. The next line though, while not entirely lifeless, falls flat by comparison, using a lesser known song wasn't a good idea as some people may not get the reference, still for fans of the Beatles, it is nice, but fans of the Beatles will likely support Lennon regardless. The last two lines for Lennon rely on O'Reilly's own reputation once again, and while somewhat uninspired, the last 'shut the fuck up' feels like a fitting end to what had been for the most part a tame rap, plus it had build-up not only by Lennon, but assisted by the beat, which just made it all the more impactful.

When we get back to O'Reilly, it is once again him doing the 'yeah, I'm a bad guy, so what?' Routine, however, the first line closes with a bit that ought to at least make the listener laugh. We get a meh play on words using Lennon's band for the second line, but it does manage to rhyme which helps.The last two lines from O'Reilly are just more 'I'm Bill O'Reilly' though he does close with a flow breaking rhyme, which was fun, and a really brilliant reference.

Overall, grading this, the flow and rhyme are pretty much a dead heat though I lean towards Lennon since his felt cleaner.
The buffs though definitely go to O'Reilly, he didn't shine a positive light upon himself, but he certainly shined a light.
However, rap battles are foremost about the insults, and Lennon won there, no question.

Overall Winner: John Lennon.

Disagree? Feel I missed something? Feel free to discuss it, I am open-minded.
You should come inside the box...
If Harley Quinn is your favorite character, you're not a comic book fan, you're a Batman: The Animated Series fan.
ZomBninjasamurai
Utopia Warlord

Re: ERB Breakdown Part 1

Postby bardian97 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:03 pm

That wasn't the first EPIC RABBATULARHISURI!!!!!
do moar tho
Dicks
bardian97
Psychotron

Postby ZomBninjasamurai » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:44 am

I plan on it. I might even see about getting them posted on the mainland.

The next one though is one of the hardest to judge rap battles they have done.

On a slightly related note, Hitler vs Vader 3's 'Fired Up' part was fucking brilliant.
You should come inside the box...
If Harley Quinn is your favorite character, you're not a comic book fan, you're a Batman: The Animated Series fan.
ZomBninjasamurai
Utopia Warlord

Postby bardian97 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Looking forward to them.
Slightly related, the winter clothes line in Hitler VS Vader made me die laughing.
Dicks
bardian97
Psychotron

Return to Music