Moderators: admin, Forum Moderators

Re: Topia Shipping Thread

Postby Mister Teal » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:14 pm

Set sail on the Tealtanic
Mister Teal
Psychotron

Postby Captain Epic » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:16 pm

I'd say draw me like your French girls. But you already did that for Hitman.
Captain Epic
Honorary Avenger

Postby Soulerous » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:58 pm

The room was cavernous and unlit save for torches burning on the walls. A large oblong table surrounded by ornate, high-backed chairs occupied the room's center. The chairs were not empty; figures sat upon them, shrouded in hooded cloaks, their faces hidden by darkness. Only two figures were not seated, and instead stood by the carved ebony door that was the only entrance to the foreboding room. The door was barred, and the two robed men clasped between them a girl.

Odd, thought one of the seated figures, that she does not seem afraid.

Another man stood now, and swept back his hood. All those assembled knew the face, even obscured as it was by the dimness of light; this was their leader, their charismatic and unquestioned guide in all matters. And now he raised a knife toward the girl's throat.

What are you up to? thought the same figure from before. Who is she, that she has value here?

To her credit, the held prisoner did not whimper or cringe, but instead met the eyes of her captor. The unmasked man finally broke the silence of the dark room with a voice that carried to all those present. "We have caught you at last, Grim One, and you are ours. It was not easy- you have proven quite elusive."

"That's because you suck," came the captive's voice in an annoyed tone.

I think I like her.

Unperturbed, the man continued. "It is unfortunate for you that you were not more elusive. Or perhaps it is the fault of your ally whom we captured." The man smiled at this. "You see, the information we have been seeking has finally been satisfied, and so your life is now utterly worthless before us."

Now the girl's eyes widened slightly in concern, but they quickly narrowed again. The man with the knife chuckled at the brief showing. "And it is for the trouble you have caused that I have deigned this a necessary course of... recreation. Ready yourself for death."

Instead of drawing the knife blade across his captive's throat, he withdrew it and raised it above his head, ready to plunge it down. "Goodbye." He thrust.

The sharp ring of struck metal followed the boom of gunpowder. The knife went hurtling in pieces that bounced off the wall and then skidded across the floor. One of the other figures was standing at his place at the table now, his hood thrown back and a large handgun pointed at the would-be executioner. Smoke still wafted from it. Some of the other figures jumped to their feet, but the gunwielder separated himself from them with several swift strides and held his ground, the gun held out still. Most of the robed figures were too stunned to move.

The man near the captive, the almost-killer, turned... and laughed. "I knew you would reveal yourself, ranger, if I gave you adequate cause. Hiding as one of us... I am impressed. That must have taken much preparation."

"Terrible to see you too," was the reply. "And I thought you could sink no lower. I'm not really surprised. Now be a good lad and unchain the only other person in this room with guts."

In response, there was another short laugh. "You seek to silence our work, but by infiltrating us and revealing yourself, you have only sealed your doom!" The cultmaster uttered a single syllable and the gunwielder suddenly found himself floating amid a swirl of emerald light. His weapon flew from his hand and he was held aloft and immobile by a prepared conjuration.

All eyes were now trained on the new magic-bound prisoner. All eyes, that is, except for those of the Grim One. Taking advantage of the distraction, she slipped her arms away from her guards with a quick jerk, then dove and rolled for the fallen handgun. There were chains around her ankles; these she adjusted for. Seizing the gun and continuing her roll to a crouching position, she aimed at a spot on the wall; a glowing rune. Knowing her best chance at escape, she fired. The powerful weapon blasted a small hole into the grey brick, causing the rune to go dead. Immediately the spell of imprisonment began unraveling.

As he fell, the former gunwielder became a bladewielder. He landed with a sword pulled from his side, and proceeded to slash his way through the ensuing commotion. Cult members fell if they could not run fast enough from his wrath, and in a moment he held the cultmaster at swordpoint. Also in that moment, one of the guards unbarred the ebony door. It burst open and demonic servants began to flood in.

Time to go.

The female was standing now, and turned the firearm on the chains connecting her ankles before firing at the demons. The ranger leaped to her side, grabbed one of her hands in his own, and pulled her after him as demons began their chase. Though there were no other doors, there were several windows on the far side of the room. The two stalwart heroes sprinted towards these, and without hesitation, jumped through.

On the way down the seven-story drop, the Grim One contemplated whacking her brother-in-arms on the head with the gun handle. What had he been thinking? But then she heard him whistle, and saw the flutter of great wings as some creature rose to meet them. Landing on it's back, they held each other for stability and were spirited away from the fortress of evil. Over river and forest they flew, and it was only a matter of time before they turned to look at each other. He spoke first.

"Thank you for... rescuing me back there."

She replied. "You're welcome. And... thank you for rescuing me."

"You're welcome."

They stared into each other's eyes for a moment, and the girl thought she heard a song playing somewhere. "what's your name?" she asked.

"Friends call me Stealth." He smiled at her. She smiled back.

Ruliya wrote:Ummmm, Stealthranger and Darth Grim on the Mainland seem like a tight couple ;P

This one's for the books.
Soulerous
Labled Incurable

Postby Xeno Dimentio » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:11 am

Soulerous wrote:The room was cavernous and unlit save for torches burning on the walls. A large oblong table surrounded by ornate, high-backed chairs occupied the room's center. The chairs were not empty; figures sat upon them, shrouded in hooded cloaks, their faces hidden by darkness. Only two figures were not seated, and instead stood by the carved ebony door that was the only entrance to the foreboding room. The door was barred, and the two robed men clasped between them a girl.

Odd, thought one of the seated figures, that she does not seem afraid.

Another man stood now, and swept back his hood. All those assembled knew the face, even obscured as it was by the dimness of light; this was their leader, their charismatic and unquestioned guide in all matters. And now he raised a knife toward the girl's throat.

What are you up to? thought the same figure from before. Who is she, that she has value here?

To her credit, the held prisoner did not whimper or cringe, but instead met the eyes of her captor. The unmasked man finally broke the silence of the dark room with a voice that carried to all those present. "We have caught you at last, Grim One, and you are ours. It was not easy- you have proven quite elusive."

"That's because you suck," came the captive's voice in an annoyed tone.

I think I like her.

Unperturbed, the man continued. "It is unfortunate for you that you were not more elusive. Or perhaps it is the fault of your ally whom we captured." The man smiled at this. "You see, the information we have been seeking has finally been satisfied, and so your life is now utterly worthless before us."

Now the girl's eyes widened slightly in concern, but they quickly narrowed again. The man with the knife chuckled at the brief showing. "And it is for the trouble you have caused that I have deigned this a necessary course of... recreation. Ready yourself for death."

Instead of drawing the knife blade across his captive's throat, he withdrew it and raised it above his head, ready to plunge it down. "Goodbye." He thrust.

The sharp ring of struck metal followed the boom of gunpowder. The knife went hurtling in pieces that bounced off the wall and then skidded across the floor. One of the other figures was standing at his place at the table now, his hood thrown back and a large handgun pointed at the would-be executioner. Smoke still wafted from it. Some of the other figures jumped to their feet, but the gunwielder separated himself from them with several swift strides and held his ground, the gun held out still. Most of the robed figures were too stunned to move.

The man near the captive, the almost-killer, turned... and laughed. "I knew you would reveal yourself, ranger, if I gave you adequate cause. Hiding as one of us... I am impressed. That must have taken much preparation."

"Terrible to see you too," was the reply. "And I thought you could sink no lower. I'm not really surprised. Now be a good lad and unchain the only other person in this room with guts."

In response, there was another short laugh. "You seek to silence our work, but by infiltrating us and revealing yourself, you have only sealed your doom!" The cultmaster uttered a single syllable and the gunwielder suddenly found himself floating amid a swirl of emerald light. His weapon flew from his hand and he was held aloft and immobile by a prepared conjuration.

All eyes were now trained on the new magic-bound prisoner. All eyes, that is, except for those of the Grim One. Taking advantage of the distraction, she slipped her arms away from her guards with a quick jerk, then dove and rolled for the fallen handgun. There were chains around her ankles; these she adjusted for. Seizing the gun and continuing her roll to a crouching position, she aimed at a spot on the wall; a glowing rune. Knowing her best chance at escape, she fired. The powerful weapon blasted a small hole into the grey brick, causing the rune to go dead. Immediately the spell of imprisonment began unraveling.

As he fell, the former gunwielder became a bladewielder. He landed with a sword pulled from his side, and proceeded to slash his way through the ensuing commotion. Cult members fell if they could not run fast enough from his wrath, and in a moment he held the cultmaster at swordpoint. Also in that moment, one of the guards unbarred the ebony door. It burst open and demonic servants began to flood in.

Time to go.

The female was standing now, and turned the firearm on the chains connecting her ankles before firing at the demons. The ranger leaped to her side, grabbed one of her hands in his own, and pulled her after him as demons began their chase. Though there were no other doors, there were several windows on the far side of the room. The two stalwart heroes sprinted towards these, and without hesitation, jumped through.

On the way down the seven-story drop, the Grim One contemplated whacking her brother-in-arms on the head with the gun handle. What had he been thinking? But then she heard him whistle, and saw the flutter of great wings as some creature rose to meet them. Landing on it's back, they held each other for stability and were spirited away from the fortress of evil. Over river and forest they flew, and it was only a matter of time before they turned to look at each other. He spoke first.

"Thank you for... rescuing me back there."

She replied. "You're welcome. And... thank you for rescuing me."

"You're welcome."

They stared into each other's eyes for a moment, and the girl thought she heard a song playing somewhere. "what's your name?" she asked.

"Friends call me Stealth." He smiled at her. She smiled back.

Ruliya wrote:Ummmm, Stealthranger and Darth Grim on the Mainland seem like a tight couple ;P

This one's for the books.

...uhhhhhhh... WHAT
Xeno Dimentio
Utopia Warlord

Postby Captain Epic » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:14 am

Oh man that was gold, Soulerous.
Captain Epic
Honorary Avenger

Postby Commander Cross » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:31 am

*Would ship me and Sleep, but is already sleepy*
http://dragcave.net/image/n765.gif

Please help save the dragon egg.

Reminds me of factpile in general!
Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me

Postby Mister Teal » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:43 am

Who is darth grim
Mister Teal
Psychotron

Postby Captain Epic » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:47 am

Mister Teal wrote:Who is darth grim

Someone on the main site. She has a Thor avatar.
Captain Epic
Honorary Avenger

Postby Mister Teal » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:48 am

Oh okay, I was wondering if it was a dual user-name like NZ and Maximus or Teal and Olimar
Mister Teal
Psychotron

Postby Cannibal Cookie » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:16 am

Two things...

A. Your portrayal of Stealth wasn't nearly confrontational enough to be accurate.

B. I'm not going to touch this thread with a ten foot pole.
"Once had student that gave a thesis on the history of the American police drama, I graded him down because he didn't mention Miami Vice."
Cannibal Cookie
Ready For Action

PreviousNext

Return to The Slums