FactPile "Light" version
FactPile YouTube Channel | FactPile PodCast

My Assessment of Factpiletopia.

Topia oblivion!

Moderators: admin, Forum Moderators

My Assessment of Factpiletopia.

Postby wgwlb » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:56 am

This forum seems to be losing members faster than it can make them, and I think I know why. I've seen it on many others, and helped a couple out with my 3 steps to success.
This forum's problem is that, well, a lot of you are blaaaaaand. There's the funny guy, the rebel, some token chicks, etc. then we're down two the two main groups.
The first are the debaters. They are not the problem, they do what they intend to do with this site.
The second I call the 'lol-ers'.
Example, Mr. Teal: dry humor
16 people: Oh, teal/lol teal/failed attempt at returning a joke

Not that none of the lol-ers are ever funny, but its rare and that isn't the problem. The problem is how hard it is to convey personality over the internet while also being an lol-er. How can we fix this? Glad you asked.

Step 1. Participate more in threads like the rl picture thread/favorite bands thread. Talk shit about bands you hate, defend what you're passionate about. Get in arguments, just don't let them get out of hand, remember, its just the internet. That FP awards thing is a great idea too.

Step 2. This is for Mods, allowing small fights to go unnoticed is the best thing you can do for forum growth and survival. Try not to respond unless during the fight some rule is broken, or it's reported. If nobody cares about the argument, why break it up. Who's gonna get hurt over the internet?

Step 3. Not everyone can be the same type of internet persona. The pompous ass routine is greatly exhausted by MANY people on this website, and although it's one of my favorites, too much of a good thing is just horrible.
So, yeah. Flesh them person as out, my children, and I'll be in the match aide section until ya clean the hell up.
*Seinfeld bassline*
wgwlb
FactPiler

Re: My Assessment of Factpiletopia.

Postby Skull Kid » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:26 am

I am defenitely one of those bland people, but as my title says I have small bursts of creativity. Other times I can be somewhat intellient honestly though im just a sheep on this site posting stuff that has no real importance to the overall apeal of the threads or the site as a whole.
Jedi Name: Marsa Vakno
Hitman H94 wrote:DP!

That is all I need.
Skull Kid
Scholarly Winner

Postby Deathtanker » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:12 pm

I find it somewhat humourous to be lectured by someone who has been a member of this site for about 1% of its life span so far.
Robert Frost wrote:The best way out is always through.

Deathtanker
Canewielder

Postby wgwlb » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:13 pm

Deathtanker wrote:I find it somewhat humourous to be lectured by someone who has been a member of this site for about 1% of its life span so far.

I didn't mean for it to be a lecture, and I'm not trying to sound high-and-mighty, though in hindsight I can understand why it would seem that way. I never claimed to be an expert on factpile, I just know how forums work.
*Seinfeld bassline*
wgwlb
FactPiler

Postby Deathtanker » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:50 pm

wgwlb wrote:I didn't mean for it to be a lecture, and I'm not trying to sound high-and-mighty, though in hindsight I can understand why it would seem that way. I never claimed to be an expert on factpile, I just know how forums work.

Fair enough. We're working on it as we speak, the mods don't just twiddle their thumbs all day.
Robert Frost wrote:The best way out is always through.

Deathtanker
Canewielder

Postby Commander Cross » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Do I have the right to express concern in some way or another?
Why do I feel like I'm one of the only few who has to be unsubtle about the concerns as possible?
http://dragcave.net/image/n765.gif

Please help save the dragon egg.

Reminds me of factpile in general!
Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me

Postby Captain Epic » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:36 pm

Things seem to be running super slow as of late.
Captain Epic
Honorary Avenger

Postby wgwlb » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:39 pm

Deathtanker wrote:I find it somewhat humourous to be lectured by someone who has been a member of this site for about 1% of its life span so far.

Just did the math out of boredom. less than 0.02% of it's life, actually.
*Seinfeld bassline*
wgwlb
FactPiler

Postby Evil muNki » Thu May 16, 2013 3:33 pm

The fuck is this guy? How long have you been lurking to get a good idea of the site?
Evil muNki
All Secrets Known

Postby Mister Teal » Thu May 16, 2013 4:11 pm

He's got a good head on his shoulders
Mister Teal
Psychotron

Next

Return to The Slums