Re: Random's question bandwagon [Q&A]

Postby Mister Teal » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:59 am

Who's your favorite metal gear character
Mister Teal
Psychotron

Postby Random guy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:32 pm

Mister Teal wrote:Who's your favorite metal gear character

That's a tough one. I'd have to say it's a tie between Big Boss and Ocelot. Big Boss because, well, he's motherfucking Big Boss, he's just an all around badass and tragic character. And Ocelot because, well, who can't love this guy?

"Never give up. Fight until the end. Always believe you will succeed, even when the odds are against you" -Big Boss
Random guy
Organ Grinder

Postby TheSorrow » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:38 am

Random guy wrote:That's a tough one. I'd have to say it's a tie between Big Boss and Ocelot. Big Boss because, well, he's motherfucking Big Boss, he's just an all around badass and tragic character. And Ocelot because, well, who can't love this guy?

I'd have to say for me it's a three way tie between The Boss (Big Boss' mentor and an all around bad ass), The Sorrow (his boss fight really is just bizarre as a first encounter), and Colonel Volgin (he's sadistic, power obsessed, and bisexual; just a really well rounded character).
"You can either fight at my side, or get crushed under my heel. But you will NOT stand in my way."

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Postby Random guy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:48 am

TheSorrow wrote:
Random guy wrote:That's a tough one. I'd have to say it's a tie between Big Boss and Ocelot. Big Boss because, well, he's motherfucking Big Boss, he's just an all around badass and tragic character. And Ocelot because, well, who can't love this guy?

I'd have to say for me it's a three way tie between The Boss (Big Boss' mentor and an all around bad ass), The Sorrow (his boss fight really is just bizarre as a first encounter), and Colonel Volgin (he's sadistic, power obsessed, and bisexual; just a really well rounded character).

Understandable choices. The reason I chose Big Boss over The Boss however is because I related in him in that I didn't want to pull the trigger, but it was my mission to do so, and so I shed tears every time I beat MGS3 right along side BB. So The Boss is right up there with him, but because Big Boss is the one I relate to directly he gets the #1 spot.

"Never give up. Fight until the end. Always believe you will succeed, even when the odds are against you" -Big Boss
Random guy
Organ Grinder

Postby TheSorrow » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:57 am

Random guy wrote:Understandable choices. The reason I chose Big Boss over The Boss however is because I related in him in that I didn't want to pull the trigger, but it was my mission to do so, and so I shed tears every time I beat MGS3 right along side BB. So The Boss is right up there with him, but because Big Boss is the one I relate to directly he gets the #1 spot.

I always enjoy watching that ending, it is a tearjerker indeed. You can really sympathize with Big Boss for going down the path he did after having to kill his own mentor. Ocelot is also very cool as well, you can see him naturally get better and better as the story progresses, until he is almost an equal match for Snake. It really shows he inherited The Boss' genius in fighting.
"You can either fight at my side, or get crushed under my heel. But you will NOT stand in my way."

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Postby Mister Teal » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:18 am

/Drebin 893
Mister Teal
Psychotron

Postby ka-tet19 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:39 am

Random guy wrote:
Mister Teal wrote:Who's your favorite metal gear character

That's a tough one. I'd have to say it's a tie between Big Boss and Ocelot. Big Boss because, well, he's motherfucking Big Boss, he's just an all around badass and tragic character. And Ocelot because, well, who can't love this guy?

snake vs ocelot who has the better mustache
whatever becomes has already happened before the after thought began at all
ka-tet19
Ready For Action

Postby Random guy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:48 pm

Definitely Ocelot. He was rocking the mustache first, and it matches his whole western theme, though you can't beat Big Boss's beard.

Random guy
Organ Grinder

Previous

Return to The Slums