FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Game Freak lost their opportunity for light and sound types

Topia oblivion!

Moderators: admin, Forum Moderators

Game Freak lost their opportunity for light and sound types

Postby Mea quidem sententia » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:16 pm

This is nothing new, but when Pokémon X and Y were promoted, the box art for both games could have been representing a light and sound type. Think of different types of attacks and what current Pokémon could have become, just like how it has been for the fairy types. Exploud, who evolves into Loudred, who evolves into Whismur could have been a sound type Pokémon. The attack, boomburst could also have been a sonic attack. So could have signal beam been for sound type Pokémon, but I suppose in the future, they can just make up sonic beam and laser beam. So here's some of my ideas.

• Anything involving sound, whether it be an explosion, roar, screech, or whatever should be replaced with sound type.
  • Sound type Eevee could be named Echoeon, Soniceon, or Acousteon.
  • Light type Eevee could be named Photoneon, Luxeon, or Lumeneon.
  • Light types would be weak against grass types (photosynthesis), super effective against ice types (melting), bug types (because magnifying glasses), ghost types (because turning the light on drives the ghosts away), dark types (because light shines in the dark and because good vs. evil).
  • Sound types would be super effective against normal type (because they're loud), flying (sound pollution affects avian behavior and can jam echolocation), psychic (because it affects their concentration). Weak against grass type (because plants reduce noise levels indoors), steel type (because metals reflect most sound waves).
  • Light types would probably be the fastest types with sound types coming in second, unless certain electric types can reach the speed of lightning.

Present your ideas.
Mea quidem sententia
Ready For Action

Re: Game Freak lost their opportunity for light and sound ty

Postby Soulerous » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:15 pm

Luxeon and Acousteon are perfect names. I doubt that a sound type is in their agenda, though. I see light as the most likely addition. Maybe we'll see a Pokemon: Alpha and Omega featuring light and dark legendaries.
Soulerous
Labled Incurable

Postby Mea quidem sententia » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:31 pm

Soulerous wrote:Luxeon and Acousteon are perfect names. I doubt that a sound type is in their agenda, though. I see light as the most likely addition. Maybe we'll see a Pokemon: Alpha and Omega featuring light and dark legendaries.

I like the names myself. I was rather disappointed that Game Freak went with Leafeon for their grass type Eevee. More than a decade ago, my brother made up a grass type of his own and named it Chlorophylleon. I thought it sounded cool. Oh well. I hope Game Freak will add these types, though.
Mea quidem sententia
Ready For Action

Postby Alpha or Omega » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:51 pm

IMO, the Light type could've appeared during White&Black or White&Black 2
"Darn-sung, dang-busted, horse-thievin', alien control panel which can't nobody work proper!" - Vigilante
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby Mea quidem sententia » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:13 pm

Alpha or Omega wrote:IMO, the Light type could've appeared during White&Black or White&Black 2

It'd make sense.
Mea quidem sententia
Ready For Action

Postby bardian97 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:20 am

Mea quidem sententia wrote:
Soulerous wrote:Luxeon and Acousteon are perfect names. I doubt that a sound type is in their agenda, though. I see light as the most likely addition. Maybe we'll see a Pokemon: Alpha and Omega featuring light and dark legendaries.

I like the names myself. I was rather disappointed that Game Freak went with Leafeon for their grass type Eevee. More than a decade ago, my brother made up a grass type of his own and named it Chlorophylleon. I thought it sounded cool. Oh well. I hope Game Freak will add these types, though.

Chlorophylleon doesn't quite roll off the tongue. Leafeon was lazy, though. I agree with that.

Photeon or Echeon (just nodding to the words rather than putting the whole word in them) seems more up their alley as of late. Sylveon as opposed to Sylvaneon, Glaceon as opposed to Glaciereon.
Dicks
bardian97
Psychotron

Return to The Slums