43%
Gamerghazi
No votes
Luchador Internet Terrorist
No votes

Total votes : 7

Pilers opinions on #GG

Postby Siggymansz » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:35 pm

title says it all, are you pro-gamergate neutral or ant-gamergate?

if you have no idea, i suggest you google gamergate then go to deepfreeze.it
i would explain more but i am pro-gamergate and do not wish to overly bias opinions.

i will say however that the wikipedia entry on gamergate is almost completely full of shit at this time so id read that one last, right before visiting deepfreeze

i am also anti-sjw and pro-feminist but those are unrelated seperate issues.
Last edited by Siggymansz on Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
Siggymansz
Primarch

Re: Pilers opinions on #GG

Postby Mister Teal » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:40 pm

neutral
Mister Teal
Psychotron

Postby Siggymansz » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:20 pm

Excellent, i love neutrals. they be too rational.

Keep up the sweden mister teal :D

added poll

edit
Spoiler
Siggymansz
Primarch

Postby TheSorrow » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:22 am

Simple fact of the matter is the only people against Gamer Gate are in two categories, those who are wildly misinformed, or the ones spreading the misinformation. Gamer Gate started as, and always has been about ethics in gaming journalism, and nothing more. The people who are trying to spin it into a hate group that attacks women in gaming, are also the same people who have invested interest in keeping their own activities out of the spotlight. An added bonus for them would be using GG as proof that games as they are now are harmful to are views of women (they aren't). That's my take on the whole issue.
"You can either fight at my side, or get crushed under my heel. But you will NOT stand in my way."

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Postby Hitman H94 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:52 am

I don't know much on the topic, I'll probably have a quick read on the site you said but I thought it was about gaming journalism like Sorrow said.

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby ZomBninjasamurai » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:04 pm

I give zero fucks about this, imo it's just stupid. The controversial parts of it could easily have been fabricated by the "Victims" themselves, and really. I feel as if this should be a non-issue at all really.
You should come inside the box...
If Harley Quinn is your favorite character, you're not a comic book fan, you're a Batman: The Animated Series fan.
ZomBninjasamurai
Utopia Warlord

Postby TheSorrow » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:54 pm

I just think the PC crowd has gotten a little too comfortable with telling people how they should spend their time. If we just ignore them, they just slowly take over bit by bit, and then we end up like Australia where they have bunch of ridiculous policies on what is and is not appropriate to play.
"You can either fight at my side, or get crushed under my heel. But you will NOT stand in my way."

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Postby Mister Teal » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:15 am

I thought GG was about some girl's indy game. What's the connection with the Anita-like folk?

I'm neutral due to lack of research as opposed to being against either in particular, it just hasn't been something that's caught my interest.

TheSorrow wrote:I just think the PC crowd has gotten a little too comfortable with telling people how they should spend their time. If we just ignore them, they just slowly take over bit by bit, and then we end up like Australia where they have bunch of ridiculous policies on what is and is not appropriate to play.

I'm pretty passive about the "if I don't like it, it's not allowed" bigots that have cropped up. I figure they'll punch themselves out like their Protestant kin did back in the '60s.

then again australia targets did ban GTA V. that'd be a cause anyone could ally against
Mister Teal
Psychotron

Postby TheSorrow » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:58 pm

Mister Teal wrote:I thought GG was about some girl's indy game. What's the connection with the Anita-like folk?

It related to Zoe Quinn, but it wasn't her activities that started it. It was revealed by her ex that she has an affair with certain games journalists, one of whom gave her game "Depression Quest" a spot in their reviews to get her more recognition. The scandal was then attempted to be swept under the rug by multiple websites claiming that gamers were dead, and that's how Gamer Gate officially started.

As to why Anita is apart of this at all or Brianna Wu. They inserted themselves into the conversation by making remarks on the entire group and got rebuked heavily for it. Naturally they took this to the press as proof that women are being harassed in gaming for having an opinion.

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Postby Siggymansz » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:57 pm

:shock: Haven't had a chance to really participate in this discussion due to computer problems, but I will say TheSorrow imo has pretty much summed it up to a T.

For those interested in further reading I recommend
https://wiki.gamergate.me/index.php?title=GamerGate
https://archive.is/WRUQY
(Archive of the above page incase you cannot access above link for whatever reason)
(Internet Protip; Archive.is )

For those Interested in what aGG looks like
https://archive.is/ox8hh (1 Week Earlier)
https://archive.is/ZHaOH (Today)
(Haven't looked but hey, maybe something did change?)
For those who believe the above, thats cool but I gotta say 'don't listen and believe'

For those wondering why I only included archive links... after reading the associated talk pages , I no longer support wikipedia.
Spoiler
Siggymansz
Primarch

Return to The Slums