CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Announcement

Topia oblivion!

Moderators: admin, Forum Moderators

Announcement

Postby Megaraptor18 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:59 pm

Good day my follow Factpilers,

I hate to be the one to break this to you fine folks however I must. By the order of Admin, Negative Zero has been banned on this site and the mainland. He was banned for his continual harassment and for stalking certain Factpilers. This event happened on the mainland where he started harassing several Factpilers who hang around another forum. This was honestly the last straw for nearly a year he has been harassing certain Factpilers who visit this forum. Repeatedly and without remorse. I was contacted by members of this site and they asked me to do something about this. In truth I couldn't since I have no control of what happens in the mainland. So I went and took their case to Admin. He replied, "Drop the hammer. I'll do the same on FactPile." Admin gave the order and I carried it out.

I took no pleasure in this however Admin, Myself, and any Mod will NOT tolerate harassment and stalking on Factpile and all sites that bares its name and brand. We gave him throughout his time here second chance, after second chance. Even when Admin told us to ban him. I remember Admin telling Mata to ban NZ for good and Mata repeatedly refused. He hoped NZ would change and take his second chance to heart. He did not and when I took over for Mata I too was given that order from Admin to ban him after NZ begun harassing his follow Factpilers. I, like Mata before refused.

We tried to overlook his behavior and just issue a threat or a light punishment even though my mail box would fill with demands to ban him out right. I refused because I hoped he could change and I gave him a second chance. Several in fact, several "second" chances. This time I couldn't give him another chance. Neither could Admin and with his blessing I banned all of his accounts on Factpiletopia as Admin banned his accounts and IP Addresses on the main site. Either of us took any pleasure in this action nor do we feel pleased about it.

May he be the last to be banned on Factpile. May we never have a tragedy such as this happen again. The Tragedy of Negative Zero, A Factpiler who failed to learn from the mistakes. A Factpiler who was consumed by bitterness and hatred. A Factpiler who couldn't let go of the past. A Factpiler that was given more chances than anyone in the world and still took none of them and allowed himself to fall victim to his own self-destructive behavior. A Factpiler that is no longer a Factpiler.

However with self imposed tragedy, it oddly comes at the eve of a new era in Factpile. Its a shame this couldn't be its own thing however I felt you fine folks need to hear some good news on this thread. A new initiative by the Moderators and several trusted Factpilers to expand the site into new areas. Areas that have yet to be explored by Factpile. I know what you will hear, what you will read in the coming months, you will find most refreshing. Once the new initiative is complete we will reveal it to all of Factpile, to all of the Internet.

The Initiative will be a new era for the Factpile Community and from that comes a new opportunity, a new drive for us all. We will keep you all informed on the new Factpile Initiative by the Mods when it is finally complete.
It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!

Megaraptor18
Site Admin

Re: Announcement

Postby Xeno Dimentio » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:29 am

Oh dear.
Xeno Dimentio
Utopia Warlord

Postby Mister Teal » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:39 am

I hope Maximus takes this well
Mister Teal
Psychotron

Postby John-117 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:08 pm

Mister Teal wrote:I hope Maximus takes this well

Okay, this is the first post you've made to legitimately make me laugh.

But in all seriousness, it's upsetting to see that he's been banned. I had been wanting to apologize for overreacting before, and now it doesn't look like I'll be able to do so. Too bad.
Deathtanker wrote:Okay a ninja sniper, who has no tongue and is cold blooded, with a sniper rifle that fires ice bullets and cloaking within a vacuum.

The One Sin in a nutshell.
John-117
Utopia Warlord

Postby Soulerous » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:14 pm

I had no idea he was harassing people. How unfortunate.
Soulerous
Labled Incurable

Postby Deathtanker » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:04 pm

When someone feels the need to carry every grudge like a tombstone, its only a matter of time before they alienate everyone.
Robert Frost wrote:The best way out is always through.

Deathtanker
Canewielder

Postby Soulerous » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:41 am

That is true, but he held no grudge against me at least. We got along despite previous prolonged clashing on a certain thread.
Soulerous
Labled Incurable

Postby Ruliya » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:59 am

Then count yourself lucky. All you need do is search this site for the countless list of people he had grievances with, and how he handled those grievances.
http://protogonus.deviantart.com/ - My Art, such as it is.

Ruliya
Utopia Overlord

Postby Soulerous » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:06 pm

I have seen it, just not everything. Rules are rules. I support their enforcement.
Soulerous
Labled Incurable

Postby TheSorrow » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:56 pm

This time, if we see Negative mascaraed as another person, let's not make the same mistake and forgive him. He practically threw that in our faces and stepped on it.
"You can either fight at my side, or get crushed under my heel. But you will NOT stand in my way."

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Next

Return to The Slums