FactPile YouTube Channel | FactPile PodCast

Mega's Q & A

Topia oblivion!

Moderators: admin, Forum Moderators

Re: Mega's Q & A

Postby Megaraptor18 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:38 pm

Commander Cross wrote:
Megaraptor18 wrote:
Commander Cross wrote:Need a link on Department 19 as described on TV Tropes?
Or would a more official website be of more use?

Well I'm picky in what I go into so in a nutshell what is it and whats it about.

There you go, sir!

I'm trying to look for a site where you can listen to the Audiobook for the first novel for free, its legal and consented by Will Hill!

Thus far I'm still looking.

Enjoy the links sir.

Looks interesting and I'll give and keep it a look at when I get the chance.
It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!

Megaraptor18
Site Admin

Postby Xeno Dimentio » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:40 pm

Will you go to the prom with Jimmy? He's too nervous to ask you himself.
Xeno Dimentio
Utopia Warlord

Postby Commander Cross » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:43 pm

Megaraptor18 wrote:
Commander Cross wrote:
Megaraptor18 wrote:
Well I'm picky in what I go into so in a nutshell what is it and whats it about.

There you go, sir!

I'm trying to look for a site where you can listen to the Audiobook for the first novel for free, its legal and consented by Will Hill!

Thus far I'm still looking.

Enjoy the links sir.

Looks interesting and I'll give and keep it a look at when I get the chance.

Thank you, sir!
In the meantime I'll keep looking for the Audiobook because, for the first novel, you get to listen to it free of charge for a special month.
http://dragcave.net/image/n765.gif

Please help save the dragon egg.

Reminds me of factpile in general!
Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me

Postby Megaraptor18 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:54 pm

Xeno Dimentio wrote:Will you go to the prom with Jimmy? He's too nervous to ask you himself.

As I learned the hard way if you allow nervousness to hold you back you will never get the girl. Sometimes I wonder how much my life would be better if I would have had the balls to go for it. So tell Jimmy to grow a par.

Megaraptor18
Site Admin

Postby Hitman H94 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:17 am

Is there are game which is an xbox exclusive you wish you have played?

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby Megaraptor18 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:01 pm

Hitman H94 wrote:Is there are game which is an xbox exclusive you wish you have played?

Not really since most Xbox Exclusives doesn't interest me. Most games I like is on all three consoles in fact I find Exclusives moronic. I understand the reason behind them but the business person in me can see making more money on multi platform games. Call of Duty being a good example of this.

Megaraptor18
Site Admin

Postby Commander Cross » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Megaraptor18 wrote:
Hitman H94 wrote:Is there are game which is an xbox exclusive you wish you have played?

Not really since most Xbox Exclusives doesn't interest me. Most games I like is on all three consoles in fact I find Exclusives moronic. I understand the reason behind them but the business person in me can see making more money on multi platform games. Call of Duty being a good example of this.

Sir, what happens when you run into a movie that might otherwise be good, but feels too dang short for your tastes?
Would it be a good way to test making as complete a review as possible?

Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me

Postby Megaraptor18 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Commander Cross wrote:
Sir, what happens when you run into a movie that might otherwise be good, but feels too dang short for your tastes?
Would it be a good way to test making as complete a review as possible?

I'm going to guess this is two questions as I will answer them in that manner.

First question. If you make a short movie it's a short movie. Length shouldn't equal good after all Return of the King the ending was way too long and weaken the movie.

Second question. You want a good review. Pay attention to each thing on what you are reviewing. Go into detail. A good example of this is some sites MW3 review. While the game sucked the review for it sucked as well. Or atleast when it came to the game's single player. The reviewer said that the whole idea of a war between the US and Russia was impossible due to certain issues. He never said what those issues were. I was interested in what he had to say and a sentence later he moved on to Multi Player. That was upsetting but I continued to read it. Then a paragraph or two later in that review he mentions that he when and I quote "Went into a great detail about the single player"... Problem is he spent a fucking short paragraph into the single player! That is beyond half assing it. I agreed with him that the Single Player story sucked but he didn't go into "great detail" on it. He spent three sentences on the fucking SP and not once he stated why a war between Russia and America is impossible. He assumed we know why and moved on! That is shitty reviewing. Several famous Internet critics review a movie and they get confused about something and have a on camera meltdown. Battlefield Earth review comes to mind from the Nostalgia Critic where he has a overblown, overacted meltdown when the humans blow up the alien planet with a nuke. Even though they in the movie mentioned why and how the planet blew up! It was a major plot point he overlooked and while the movie sucked that was crappy reviewing. I like the guy but that was one of his mistakes and thankfully he made fun of himself later on for missing that so he regained my respect.

So in short if your going to do a review. Watch or play it several times and for God's sake pay attention everything about the item you are reviewing!

Megaraptor18
Site Admin

Postby Commander Cross » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:12 pm

Thank you sir.

So it boils down to the basics:

Map out your primary concerns, whether it be with just within the movie in question alone,
or if they're gonna do sequels, Map them out beforehand with reviews.

Second, make sure you learn the mistakes of other reviewers from more professional reviews of other things.

Third, once you're sure you got everything mapped out, write away.

That about sum it up, sir?

Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me

Postby Megaraptor18 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:48 pm

Commander Cross wrote:Thank you sir.

So it boils down to the basics:

Map out your primary concerns, whether it be with just within the movie in question alone,
or if they're gonna do sequels, Map them out beforehand with reviews.

Second, make sure you learn the mistakes of other reviewers from more professional reviews of other things.

Third, once you're sure you got everything mapped out, write away.

That about sum it up, sir?

Yes. But with sequels you can be very lean with in your main review though naming the connections to the last film or game in the series would be welcomed and in some cases needed. But remain on the item in question those. Mapping it out before writing it is very important to make is clear and understandable and easy to follow. Also if you are going to say why something in the plot doesn't work example in detail why so because some people might want to know that.

Lastly do research on the product your reviewing. In cases like movies and games there is a reason behind the madness. Perfect case for this was Sharknado (which I would be bold calling a smashing cult hit and will last forever in film history). If you would have seen the interview with the director where he and the interview knew it was a stupid movie but they still enjoyed because they didn't want to make art or anything like that they just wanted to make a outlandish movie and if you know that was the whole point of the movie was to be a joke from the beginning than you can respect and enjoy it as such. Some movies and games shouldn't be taken seriously and if you are in the right mindset than you could enjoy the movie or in this case review it as it should be reviewed and judge it accordingly. My issue with most reviewers is that they don't do any research into the production of the product.

Megaraptor18
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Slums