FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Terra Nullius

Topia oblivion!

Moderators: admin, Forum Moderators

Terra Nullius

Postby admin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:25 am

Google it. Kinda how this and the Pile feels. Not going to lie. It really bothers me. I feel like I let everyone down. Every person who came to this site helped in making it one of the greatest places on the web to come and talk about your favorite franchise or character or both.

I'm still fighting cancer so that's good. As long as I'm still breathing, I consider it extra time to be on this rock. Time that needs to be used wisely. That's part of the reason why I haven't done as much as I wanted to both here and the Pile. I need to feel like there will be a part of my "soul" left behind once I'm gone. I know that won't matter much to most of the world, but it matters to me and a few people and I think that some of them even reside on this site.

Back to the title of this post. I own that domain. There's nothing there right now, but I've been working on a script that will be using that title and I hope the story that emerges from it is worthy of your time and attention. I've also been working on a story about esports. Have you ever seen Video Game high School? it's on Netflix and I highly recommend it. It's only 3 seasons long with about 10 episodes each season so you could prolly binge it over a weekend if you wanted to.

Writing this feels good. Feels right. FactPile existed before all the nastiness of the current political and news landscape in America became so damn sensitive. Everyone has the right to an opinion. just because you don't like it or agree with it means you can take physical action against that person with the intention of harming them.

While it's good to have strong beliefs, it's just as important to have the wisdom and patience to listen to the other side of the argument. Here's the thing. No one gets out alive. Why are we so damn hell-bent on ruining people's lives and trying to bully them online?

I actually own another domain where I had seriously thought about putting a lot of time and attention to during the past election. In the current political world, the domain I would've used would've offended many people just for the name alone. It would've brought advertising and tons of Russian money. So, the question was, do I trade my pride for some quick cash? I'm not going to lie. The only reason why I didn't was that I was afraid that some nut job would get so pissed at something I would say, and then try to hunt me and my family down.

And nothing on the web is worth that.

I hope you read this and feel free to add your comments/insults/whatever to this conversation. Let's see if we can re-populate this once fertile place full of great minds trapped in awkward bodies discovering who they are.

Thanks for reading.

The Admin
admin
Site Admin

Re: Terra Nullius

Postby Megaraptor18 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:11 am

I hope everything goes well for you. I pray you beat the cancer and pray that your writing project becomes something we can all enjoy. Overall I hope things go well for you.
It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!

Megaraptor18
Site Admin

Postby Hitman H94 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:23 am

I wish you the best in your forthcoming challenges and hope you can live a long and well life.

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby Alpha or Omega » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:19 pm

It's not your fault. I think there's a number of reasons why, and you're not one of them.
A lesson is learnt from victory, a thousand from defeat.
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby Zazax » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:41 pm

*emerges from hole*

Uh, hey everyone. Don't know if anyone here remembers me, but I guess that's what I get for lurking so much.

I was never as active here as I was on the old mainland (though I still dropped by from time to time to check in), but I can say that, regardless of what the future holds, I will always look back on my time spent on Factpile fondly. For what to the outside must have just looked like a silly site where people go and argue with each other over fictional characters it actually had a surprisingly large impact on my life; it's what got me into formal logic. Whether the 'Pile rises again one day or remains a fond memory, either way it was great to be a part of it.

We're all rooting for you, admin.
"Yes! We're all different!"
"... I'm not."
Zazax
Out of Exile

Postby Alpha or Omega » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:55 pm

Hey Zazax. Believe it or not, I think you were a contributing member of FactPile.
A lesson is learnt from victory, a thousand from defeat.
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby bardian97 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:52 am

I think you did a great job, admin. Once your script takes off maybe you can invite us all to the FP mansion for real this time.
Dicks
bardian97
Psychotron

Return to The Slums