FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

FP Arch Nemesis'

Your section to do whatever.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: FP Arch Nemesis'

Postby TheSorrow » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:45 pm

I would argue against that, but I think we all had the same thoughts at one point or another.
"You can either fight at my side, or get crushed under my heel. But you will NOT stand in my way."

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Postby SmilinJack » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:46 pm

TheSorrow wrote:Would Like to Debate Against in the Future:
DivineChaos88 I'll be waiting.

Perhaps if I find reason to come out of FP retirement. I have enough on my hands right now already though.
Hope for the best. Plan for the worst.
SmilinJack
Utopia Overlord

Postby theobserver » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm

Frequently Debates Against:
Proto-Mind - He and I used to debate a lot in past threads before he left. It was quite fun.
Rhododendron - The Kratos stuff was hard to ignore. I did enjoy debating with him in Cole vs. Pikachu though.
Marcel - I wouldn't say I debated against him as much as the others, but Soma vs. Ganon was a lot more fun with him in it. Same with Herr_Parivir_Obscuri

Reluctant to Debate Against:
Midnite Marauder - His posting style is a bit too confrontational for my tastes, plus he completely owned me in one of the Snake threads.
Lowk - In terms of finding info for characters (comic book ones in particular), I have nothing compared to this guy.
Chuck Inglish - Rhodo was enough to deal with by himself.
Commander Cross - I'd much rather stay on topic than try to figure out some obscure reference.
Kitten Lord - I've seen a lot of him in the past few months and judging by how things are going, I think it's going to be quite challenging once a Legacy of Kain vs. Castlevania flavored thread pops up.

Would Like to Debate Against in the Future:
OriginalA - I really enjoy reading his posts (and occasional off-topic rants) so much more, but I wouldn't mind being on the opposite side for once in a debate just to see how it would go.
Soldier's Shadow - I don't think I've ever been on a debate against him though I do remember being on the same side whenever we were both participating in the same debate.
StealthRanger - It'd be interesting to see where we diverge in arguments since we tend to agree more often than not.
Kitten Lord - He's like the OriginalA of Legacy of Kain. Not having played much past the first one, I think debating against him in one of his prime subjects is going to be both fun and educational.
theobserver
Harvester of Sorrow

Postby Draco » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:56 pm

i dont debate much, but i thought i'd make a list for when i do.

Frequently debate against
Alpha and Omega - Dracula VS Ganondorf was a good time. I really enjoyed it.
Kitten Lord - The last debate i was with him he seemed like an interesting opponent...
AmmoVamp1r3 - The Vampire of the site, faced off against him and Alpha at the same time.
Nomad/Captain Epic - the recent thread with The bioshock beatdown was fun and I enjoyed debating with him.

Reluctant to Debate Against
Proto-Mind - I've seen his posting and i've usually been on the same side as him. he's a good poster and is stronger in his mathmatics than I am...
Kitten Lord - i've seen a steady decline in the way people like him...
Kenny - my first post on the site was to him. And i now realize why he's reguarded so well.

Would like to Debate Against in the Future
Sauroposeidon - We were going good in Bionicle VS Transformers, but then he stopped commenting on it. So i would love to get back into a debate with him sometime.
GuardianAngel - He's an intellegent debator and pulls up good points.
OriginalA - were usually on the same side, and having seen him in a debate I think it'd just be fun to.
DivineChaos - Brought you out of retirement only for ya to sink back into it... twas too bad...
Marcel - Good debator, also usually on the same side...
Y'all done got burned by my fire and shit

Draco
Zombie Eater

Postby Soulerous » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:49 pm

Frequently Debates Against:
Fisherking- More than aggressive, he distinctly lacks teaching skills.
'Twas before he left. I otherwise don't debate often enough to find myself frequently clashing with any one person. I don't clash often in general.

Mike- Makes decent points until he makes flawed ones, which he will defend seemingly until the skies crash down.
DReager1- Doesn't seem quite lucid.
Commander Cross- I'm sure it would be pleasant, just afraid of bruising his zeal.

Would Like to Debate Against in the Future:
Ptaine- He speaks my language. I also love Calvin & Hobbes. I figure it's the closest I'll come to arguing with myself.
TheSorrow- It would be fun and interesting.
Matapiojo- I imagine it being an enriching experience.
And basically any other good debater, and some bad ones. It's all rock 'n' roll to me.
Soulerous
Labled Incurable

Postby TheSorrow » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:03 pm

Compiled all the lists thus far. I wanted to get a head start on this before it became a huge project. If you edit your list, notify me so I can change the lists at the top accordingly.
"You can either fight at my side, or get crushed under my heel. But you will NOT stand in my way."

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Postby TheWatcher57 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:48 pm

Frequently Debates Against
Chuck Inglish: Oi, two years now and it feels like things still haven't changed when debating with him.
Aelfinn Always a pleasure to debate against however.
Shgon Dunstan I believe we've debated quite a few times in the past, mostly in regard to Hellsing.
Marcel You are a worthy foe when we cross paths.

Lowk: Ugh... Impossible to out post feats.
Cross: When I get my translator, I'll get back to this one.
Amm0: Posts way too many irrelevant feats in my opinion.
Guardianangel: Hard to read his posts for me and posts too many feats at once.
OriginalA: Can make one feel pretty stupid... However, admirably knowledgeable.
TheSorrow: Would feel...unnatural being on opposite sides.

Would like to Debate Against in the Future:
Deathtanker: I admire the debating style of knowledge and snark. I feel it'd be worthwhile on a debate we're both knowledgeable on. I'd probably lose however.
Sauroposeidon: Could be interesting if on a debate we have mutual knowledge on.
ZomB: Pleasure to serve alongside you, mate, but I'd like to challenge your omnipotence!
Gluttenous Behemoth: Very knowledgeable and debates with a cool head.
theobserver: For calling me out.
TheSorrow: Still would want to challenge you. =p
"How dare you question my integrity? I'm much too noble to back stab! If I stab you in the back, I stab you in the back to the face!" -Vergil DMC3 Abridged
TheWatcher57
Labled Incurable

Postby TheSorrow » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:12 pm

Oh snap, I forgot to add you to my list. Hold on.

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Postby TheWatcher57 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:56 pm

TheSorrow wrote:Oh snap, I forgot to add you to my list. Hold on.

Much appreciated!
"How dare you question my integrity? I'm much too noble to back stab! If I stab you in the back, I stab you in the back to the face!" -Vergil DMC3 Abridged
TheWatcher57
Labled Incurable

Postby TheSorrow » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:03 pm

No problem.

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

PreviousNext

Return to Utopic Members