FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

FP Arch Nemesis'

Your section to do whatever.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

FP Arch Nemesis'

Postby TheSorrow » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:57 am

So basically this thread is where you give a list of people you either find yourself debating against frequently, are reluctant to debate against (whether you believe you wouldn't be up to the challenge or just don't know how you would handle it), or would like to debate against in the future and possible reasons for why you chose them (keep them as brief and as non-confrontational as possible). The lists so far goes as follows:

TheSorrow:

Frequently Debates Against:
Chuck - Frequently butting heads over Dante's stats.
Kitten Lord - DBZ feats are constant point of contention.
Mike - Various things that I cannot remember right now.
FactBehemoth - Misinterpretation of Hulk feats.
Rhododendrons - Misinterpretation of Kratos feats.
*Fill in stereotypical Halo username here* - Dozens of them, though they may as well be one person, same argument almost every time.

Reluctant to Debate Against:
Deathtanker - Very difficult to catch off-guard and even harder to refute.
Matapiojo - Someone I respect greatly, I can't dream of an instance where it would be viable.
Blood Dancer - I would place him somewhere in between Death and Mata.
OriginalA - Anything related to LoZ or Metroid, I will stay well clear of.
Commander Cross - It's just a pain to decipher most of what he is saying.

Would Like to Debate Against in the Future:
ReDruM - His aggressive debating style always entertains me, so I have to wonder what it would be like to confront him.
Sauroposeidon - I can't place the reason exactly, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
GuardianAngel1911 - Though I believe we have debated a bit in the past, I would like a more impressionable experience.
jackn8r - Appears to keep a level head about the topics he debates.
the_man_with The_Answers - One of the few people that knows his Halo lore.
DivineChaos88 - I'll be waiting.
StealthRanger - In the words of Ivan Drago "I must break you". No hard feelings.
Ruliya - To test you.
TheWatcher - I don't know how I would go about starting it, but I'll find a way...

ZomBninjasamurai:

Frequently Debates Against:(While I don't debate as much as I used to, so some of those will be from when I frequently debated)
Aelfinn - The guy always debates against Star Wars it seems.
Sauroposeidon - He touches just about every debate I am in, sometimes we're on the same side, sometimes not.
SgCombine - Supported Halo quite often in debates that I was on the opposite side, as well as Delta vs Delta.
Lowk - Commander Shepard vs Boba Fett.

Sauroposeidon - The guy knows his fucking shit yo, plus, you have a 50% chance it will turn into a religious debate.
Lowk - Fucking comics and Mass Effect, he knows that shit down pat.
BC - Everytime I see him debate, it is quite competently, I have even seen him find Star Wars stuff before I could.
OriginalA - Metroid is overpowered enough without him.
the_man_with_the_answers - 800 Mile Scorpion Range, the guy is willing to believe anything if it supports Halo.
Stealthranger - More about the characters he debates for, they're all OP as fuck., and I have a rule against debating against Sephiroth.

Jwlynas - In my opinion, the only level headed long time veteran WH40k supporter.
GA1911 - We're almost always on the same side in debates, and he is pretty good.
Asger - The same as GA, I never seem to debate against him, always on the same side.
Hitman H94 - I just want to see him debate again. That is a rare sight.
Eric Gigliotti - He backs up his claims, and is an expert on Stargate, unfortunately, I have you to really support a verse that I think can touch anything in Stargate.

Hermit:

Shgon Dunstan - Mostly against Naruto and Legend of Korra.
Lowk - CN Civil War.
FactBehemoth - Hulk debate.
DRreager1 - Three words: Droopy vs Goku.

Matapiojo - Same reason as Sorrow.
ZomB - I can't determine what makes you tick.
fight - A wall of text without punctuation or paragraphs.

Would Like To Debate Against:
TheSorrow - For some reason.
midnite marauder - I've heard that he was undefeated on the mainlands.

jackn8r:

Frequently debates against:
Mike - We just tend to differ...a lot.
Cananatra - Same as with Mike.
Kitten Lord - Can't say for sure yet, but in the couple of months since his arrival I've debated against him on multiple occasions.
DReager1 - Self explanatory

Reluctant to debate against:
Kenny C. - He certainly has a reputation and from what I've seen for good reason.
Sauroposeidon - Tenacious and clear cut in his style.
EnigmaJ - Well informed on a lot of things.
Mata - I..just would never debate with Mata.
CIDE - Like EnigmaJ, he knows what he's talking about.
BC - Persuasive in his posts and well informed.
ptaine - Often brings up points I wouldn't have normally thought of, and is very persistent (debating with Mike for months on several occasions.)
TheSorrow - Seen him change a debate with a sentence once or twice.

Would like to debate against:
StealthRanger-A lot of the threads he takes part in I know nothing about. Just curious how it would go.
Kytheros - Only debated with him once; would like to again.
the_man_with_the_answers - He's generally well-informed, I don't see why not.
Jwlynas - Can't think of a reason to be reluctant here
BC - Same reason why I'm reluctant.
Aelfinn - I don't think I've had a differing opinion on any match.
Zazax- - Brings up new points in matches and can solidly back them up.
The Game - Mainly because I want to find out who this person is who gets tons of suggestions posted but I've never seen comment on anything.

Alpha and Omega:

I don't debate often. I only come up against these guys for some reason.
Amm0vamp1r3 - Well, once in a while.
Chuck Inglish
Marcel - Nintendo stuff......
Proto-mind - Before he left.
Draco - Nintendo stuff.......
Gendrons
Aelfinn

Mata - He's way too kind and when you make him mad.......
Soulerous - He's too nice and funny.
OriginalA - Curbstomp. He knows too much.....
TheSorrow - Feared....and he curbstomped me :( .......
Gendrons/Rhododrons - He is our version of Deadpool with less smarts and no success.

GaurdianAngel - Cool guy.
TheBoss/Ruliya - Cool....girl.
Zomb - Cool......Friend?
Lowk - Because he reads a lot of comics......Free scans to see.

Blood Dancer:

Mike
Chuck
Pretty much anyone who either trolls, I find annoying or refuses to see the logic behind my argument despite my making it easy for him/her to understand.

Cross - no need to explain why.

TheSorrow
Jwlynas
Matapiojo
Deathtanker
Krazycrismore
Etc.

theobserver:

Proto-Mind - He and I used to debate a lot in past threads before he left. It was quite fun.
Rhododendron - The Kratos stuff was hard to ignore. I did enjoy debating with him in Cole vs. Pikachu though.
Marcel - I wouldn't say I debated against him as much as the others, but Soma vs. Ganon was a lot more fun with him in it. Same with Herr_Parivir_Obscuri

Midnite Marauder - His posting style is a bit too confrontational for my tastes, plus he completely owned me in one of the Snake threads.
Lowk - In terms of finding info for characters (comic book ones in particular), I have nothing compared to this guy.
Chuck Inglish - Rhodo was enough to deal with by himself.
Commander Cross - I'd much rather stay on topic than try to figure out some obscure reference.
Kitten Lord - I've seen a lot of him in the past few months and judging by how things are going, I think it's going to be quite challenging once a Legacy of Kain vs. Castlevania flavored thread pops up.

OriginalA - I really enjoy reading his posts (and occasional off-topic rants) so much more, but I wouldn't mind being on the opposite side for once in a debate just to see how it would go.
Soldier's Shadow - I don't think I've ever been on a debate against him though I do remember being on the same side whenever we were both participating in the same debate.
StealthRanger - It'd be interesting to see where we diverge in arguments since we tend to agree more often than not.
Kitten Lord - He's like the OriginalA of Legacy of Kain. Not having played much past the first one, I think debating against him in one of his prime subjects is going to be both fun and educational.

Draco:

Frequently debate against:
Alpha and Omega - Dracula VS Ganondorf was a good time. I really enjoyed it.
Kitten Lord - The last debate I was with him he seemed like an interesting opponent...
AmmoVamp1r3 - The Vampire of the site, faced off against him and Alpha at the same time.
Nomad/Captain Epic - The recent thread with The Bioshock beatdown was fun and I enjoyed debating with him.

Proto-Mind - I've seen his posting and I've usually been on the same side as him. He's a good poster and is stronger in his mathematics than I am...
Kitten Lord - I've seen a steady decline in the way people like him...
Kenny - My first post on the site was to him. And i now realize why he's regarded so well.

Would like to Debate Against in the Future:
Sauroposeidon - We were going good in Bionicle VS Transformers, but then he stopped commenting on it. So i would love to get back into a debate with him sometime.
GuardianAngel - He's an intelligent debater and pulls up good points.
OriginalA - Were usually on the same side, and having seen him in a debate I think it'd just be fun to.
DivineChaos - Brought you out of retirement only for ya to sink back into it... twas too bad...
Marcel - Good debater, also usually on the same side...

Soulerous:

Fisherking- - More than aggressive, he distinctly lacks teaching skills.
'Twas before he left. I otherwise don't debate often enough to find myself frequently clashing with any one person. I don't clash often in general.

Mike- - Makes decent points until he makes flawed ones, which he will defend seemingly until the skies crash down.
DReager1 - Doesn't seem quite lucid.
Commander Cross - I'm sure it would be pleasant, just afraid of bruising his zeal.

Ptaine- - He speaks my language. I also love Calvin & Hobbes. I figure it's the closest I'll come to arguing with myself.
TheSorrow- - It would be fun and interesting.
Matapiojo- - I imagine it being an enriching experience.
And basically any other good debater, and some bad ones. It's all rock 'n' roll to me.

TheWatcher:

Frequently Debates Against
Chuck Inglish - Oi, two years now and it feels like things still haven't changed when debating with him.
Aelfinn - Always a pleasure to debate against however.
Shgon Dunstan - I believe we've debated quite a few times in the past, mostly in regard to Hellsing.
Marcel - You are a worthy foe when we cross paths.

Lowk - Ugh... Impossible to out post feats.
Cross - When I get my translator, I'll get back to this one.
Amm0 - Posts way too many irrelevant feats in my opinion.
Guardianangel - Hard to read his posts for me and posts too many feats at once.
OriginalA - Can make one feel pretty stupid... However, admirably knowledgeable.
TheSorrow - Would feel...unnatural being on opposite sides.

Would like to Debate Against in the Future:
Deathtanker - I admire the debating style of knowledge and snark. I feel it'd be worthwhile on a debate we're both knowledgeable on. I'd probably lose however.
Sauroposeidon - Could be interesting if on a debate we have mutual knowledge on.
ZomB - Pleasure to serve alongside you, mate, but I'd like to challenge your omnipotence!
Gluttenous Behemoth - Very knowledgeable and debates with a cool head.
theobserver - For calling me out.
TheSorrow - Still would want to challenge you. =p

Mea quidem sententia:

Alpha or Omega - We've covered discussions concerning Castlevania, Mario, and Metroid. I like debating with Alpha or Omega.
Kitten Lord - I mainly debate with Kitten Lord concerning The Legacy of Kain. I personally think he inflates the LoK universe.
Soulerous - He seems to respond to my posts if he feels I'm incorrect about something.
Spectral Observer - He and Alpha or Omega make me think they're related, probably due to similar subjects.

I am not reluctant to debate against anyone.

Aelfinn - I enjoy most of his comments and knowledge on physics.
Sauroposeidon - I also enjoy his comments. Honestly, I see myself siding with him on many things, rather than debating.[/quote]
Last edited by TheSorrow on Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:43 am, edited 9 times in total.
"You can either fight at my side, or get crushed under my heel. But you will NOT stand in my way."

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Re: FP Arch Nemesis'

Postby ZomBninjasamurai » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:07 am

Sauro and Lowk are listed twice, because while I do debate against them often, it is no walk in the park.

Frequently Debates Against:(While I don't debate as much as I used to, so some of those will be from when I frequently debated)
Aelfinn (The guy always debates against Star Wars it seems)
Sauroposeidon (He touches just about every debate I am in, sometimes we're on the same side, sometimes not.)
SgCombine (Supported Halo quite often in debates that I was on the opposite side, as well as Delta vs Delta.)
Lowk (Commander Shepard vs Boba Fett)

Sauroposeidon (The guy knows his fucking shit yo, plus, you have a 50% chance it will turn into a religious debate.)
Lowk (Fucking comics and Mass Effect, he knows that shit down pat.)
BC (Everytime I see him debate, it is quite competently, I have even seen him find Star Wars stuff before I could.)
OriginalA (Metroid is overpowered enough without him.)
the_man_with_the_answers (800 Mile Scorpion Range, the guy is willing to believe anything if it supports Halo)
Stealthranger (More about the characters he debates for, they're all OP as fuck., and I have a rule against debating against Sephiroth.)

Would Like to Debate Against in the Future[/i]
Jwlynas (In my opinion, the only level headed long time veteran WH40k supporter.)
GA1911 (We're almost always on the same side in debates, and he is pretty good.)
Asger (The same as GA, I never seem to debate against him, always on the same side.)
Hitman H94 (I just want to see him debate again. That is a rare sight.)
Eric Gigliotti (He backs up his claims, and is an expert on Stargate, unfortunately, I have you to really support a verse that I think can touch anything in Stargate)
You should come inside the box...
If Harley Quinn is your favorite character, you're not a comic book fan, you're a Batman: The Animated Series fan.
ZomBninjasamurai
Utopia Warlord

Postby TheSorrow » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:43 pm

Moar lists plox.
"You can either fight at my side, or get crushed under my heel. But you will NOT stand in my way."

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Postby Hermit » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:52 am

Shgon Dunstan, mostly against Naruto and Legend of Korra
Lowk, CN Civil War
FactBehemoth, Hulk debate
DRreager1, three words: Droopy vs Goku

Matapiojo, same reason as Sorrow.
ZomB, I can't determine what makes you tick.
fight, a wall of text without punctuation or paragraphs.

Would Like To Debate Against
TheSorrow, for some reason
midnite marauder, I've heard that he was undefeated on the mainlands

In a hurry, will add more later
Hermit
All Secrets Known

Postby jackn8r » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:05 pm

Oh boy, let's see:
Mike-We just tend to differ...a lot.
Cananatra-Same as with Mike.
Kitten Lord-Can't say for sure yet, but in the couple of months since his arrival I've debated against him on multiple occasions.
DReager1-Self explanatory

Kenny C.-He certainly has a reputation and from what I've seen for good reason.
Sauroposeidon-Tenacious and clear cut in his style.
EnigmaJ-Well informed on a lot of things.
Mata-I..just would never debate with Mata.
CIDE-Like EnigmaJ, he knows what he's talking about.
BC-Persuasive in his posts and well informed
ptaine-Often brings up points I wouldn't have normally thought of, and is very persistent (debating with Mike for months on several occasions.)
TheSorrow-Seen him change a debate with a sentence once or twice

Would like to debate against:
StealthRanger-A lot of the threads he takes part in I know nothing about. Just curious how it would go.
Kytheros-Only debated with him once; would like to again.
the_man_with_the_answers-He's generally well-informed, I don't see why not.
jwlynas-Can't think of a reason to be reluctant here
BC-Same reason why I'm reluctant.
Aelfinn-I don't think I've had a differing opinion on any match.
Zazax-Brings up new points in matches and can solidly back them up.
The Game-Mainly because I want to find out who this person is who gets tons of suggestions posted but I've never seen comment on anything.
DReager1 wrote:Okay I get the message. I won’t comment on the site anymore. It’s been fun. Good Bye Everyone

My respect threads
XeeleeStarCraftYu-Gi-Oh!
Nukemap
Web Archive
jackn8r
FactPiler

Postby TheSorrow » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:34 pm

jackn8r wrote:The Game-Mainly because I want to find out who this person is who gets tons of suggestions posted but I've never seen comment on anything.

I haven't seen him post either, he is pretty committed to making matches despite that.

Haha just noticed your sig Jack, good times. :lol: Always entertaining to know the perspective of others, doesn't even need to be about me.

I'm also thinking this thread would have been more appropriate in the Utopic Members area. Most of the lists seem to be situated there.

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Postby Cannibal Cookie » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:13 am

CIDE is a Spacebattler now...
"Once had student that gave a thesis on the history of the American police drama, I graded him down because he didn't mention Miami Vice."
Cannibal Cookie
Ready For Action

Postby TheSorrow » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:20 am

Cannibal Cookie wrote:CIDE is a Spacebattler now...

How odd, what made him decide to switch?

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Postby Alpha or Omega » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:29 am

How do you know that it's the CIDE we know?
A lesson is learnt from victory, a thousand from defeat.
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby Cannibal Cookie » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:31 am

Alpha or Omega wrote:

How do you know that it's the CIDE we know?

You think there is more than one CIDE in the debating community? Also, he has mentioned it. No clue why he went to Spacebattles though.
"Once had student that gave a thesis on the history of the American police drama, I graded him down because he didn't mention Miami Vice."
Cannibal Cookie
Ready For Action

Next

Return to Utopic Members