FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Writing Down Members

Your section to do whatever.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Writing Down Members

Postby Alpha or Omega » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:10 pm

With the mainland site gone for now, I think it's best to write down members.
This is to record members who used to be here.
I felt like doing this to pay my respects.
Without Factpile, there's not much left that newer people will get to know about.

Contributors: Aelfinn, Smilin Jack, Soulerous, Ruliya

Admin/War Wizard
Spoiler
Creator
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=53
The admin is the creator of Factpile and did it for the entertainment from media. He created the site with the intent of sharing fictional interests. While keeping a neutral stance pertaining to debates, he is just like the rest of us. He enjoys fictional materials such as the Sword of Time series.

He has kept an open ear for suggestions, and he shaped the site and rules when requested by frequent members.

Outside of Factpile, the admin deals with cancer and has supportive friends and family.

Expert
Spoiler
Editor
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=54
A friend of the admin who helped expanded the site.
He's very passionate about what he likes, and he may speak out his opinions on matters not pertaining to debates. He was very vocal.
He made reviews on media and weekly articles towards the site's readers.
He had an interest in Halo and Spawn.

He's been here since the beginning, and he is still around.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Big Three that were called the Triumvirate. They repeatedly put down single opponents in debates.
Matapiojo
Spoiler
Wise Ape
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=64
Here's his gravatar
He helped shaped the site in the early days of Factpile. He was a respectable debater and his attitude was forward and kind. He had a huge tolerance and was passionate for his fellow members. He loved debating for Ghost Rider and WH40k. Aside from those two, he had an extensive amount of info on comics, fantasy, and sci-fis.
He admitted to having bias, but isn't afraid to debate against his bias at times. He is also willing to admit defeat and wrongdoings.
His use of tone and diction was persuasive, clean and calm at the same time.
Matapiojo was a large contributor and founder in shaping FactpileTopia's forums.
He became an admin because of his compelling voice in settling debates and was warm to new members. He is

He's been here from 2008 to 2015.

L-W
Spoiler
Ruthless
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=96
He was another person who contributed to shaping the site. People thought he's only condescending, but to give credit to where credit is due, L-W did chase away most of the nonsense going on. He's also not as heartless as you think as he was seen talking with Diana and Cpt. Olimar with respect. He was tolerant to opponents (who deserved it). He was ready to shut down arguments who didn't have any good support behind them.
He was highly intelligent and had an advanced use of diction. You could argue that he was biased towards certain sci-fis, but you cannot deny that he used his wealth of knowledge to support and win debates. He was also fond of fire arms, and was a foreigner who moved to U.S.
Of course, he wasn't just in Factpile either. He was involved in other sites as well.

There were some people who said Doppelganger may have seem like L-W. They do sound exactly the same, but I don't want to claim that these two are the same without further evidence.
L-W stood for Lord William

AlphaCommando
Spoiler
Vocal
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=68
Sorry, I cannot find his factpile Gravatar. If someone can find and send it to me, I would appreciate it.
He was the joking and vocal member, but he was the most aggressive of the three. He spoke his opinions and acknowledged both sides. He was down to the point
He was willing to admit that he's wrong since Boba Fett vs Noble Six showed him talking to someone, looking back at his mistakes. He was seen as

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Diana
Spoiler
She was popular for being an active participant in most threads and had a teasing banter with some of the other members.

She was the only Factpiler who was in a Factpile battle as a subject against fictional characters.

Who?
Spoiler
Haha...Who?
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=207
An outgoing, fun guy and debater. He provided scans on Star Wars Legends back when it was just the EU. He joined late 2008 up to 2012. He was seen as a veteran.
He made a brief return in 2015.

Sapper007
Spoiler
http://www.factpiletopia.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=57
Was in the US army. He was an expert on firearms, vehicles, and tactics. He did despise Wolverine for the adamantium bones, but was willing to admit defeat. His extensive knowledge allowed him to point out weaknesses in sci-fi weapons or tactics. However, his interest was mainly in anything related to military. He was open to other pilers' creations. He had a no nonsense style, but he was concerned about members that needed help. This was shown when he gave warnings to the rowdy, but contacted others when one member made darker, grim comments.

Skrunks
Spoiler
Sci-fi
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=88
He was a debater and liked Starcraft, Metroid, Star Trek, Xenosaga, and other Sci-fis.
He was smart and elegant to debate with the likes of the triumvirate back in the old days. He first appeared in the mid-2009 debating in Boba Fett vs Samus, and turned the debate around in Samus' favor in 12 April, 2009 when he discovered a piece of evidence raising her firepower. He was involved in debates involving science fiction or comics. He wasn't aggressive.
He left around 2011/2012 due to the immense aggressiveness that came from some of the newcomers.

He made a brief post in a Tyranid, Flood, and Zerg vs IoM, Terran Starcraft, detailing how the Flood would assimilate the vast numbers of the IoM to victory. It caused most of the debaters at that moment to accept a temporary defeat.

Cpt. Olimar
Spoiler
One of the least aggressive people. Cpt. Olimar is knowledgeable on video games. He became a moderator on FactpileTopia, and he is studying to be a programmer/developer for video games.

Shy Guy
Spoiler
A friend of Cpt. Olimar

shaun182

Sparks/Mister Teal

Space Marine

chewie6000

Dante Chief (Factpile)/DC2 (Factpiletopia)

HitmanH94

Captain Epic
Spoiler
-

He was originally named ArbiterChief and appeared in 2009. He was introduced into the site by Dante Chief. He's an outgoing guy and had a positive attitude. He was able to provide scans on Marvel characters, and he knows Halo very well. His matches were meant to be fair as possible. He is interested in the Uncharted series and espionage-action films such as Bourne and 007. He has an interest in online gaming.

David

Marche
Spoiler
Had a vast knowledge on comics.

DeathTanker (Factpiletopia)/Kenny C. (Factpile)
Spoiler
-
He was formally a debater who shut down trolls. He was persevering through debates in order to earn his victory. During 2010 and later, he became a moderator on Factpile and Factpiletopia, which has lessened his aggressive demeanor. He liked to envision himself with his "pimp cane" which was memetic for hitting the rowdy and disruptive. He keeps threads on track. He's knowledgeable on U.S. military, Warhammer 40k, God of War, Marvel comics, Resident Evil, and Killzone.

Megaraptor18
Spoiler
-

He had friendly banters with Kenny C through what ifs, scenarios, and character duels. He had interests in Killzone, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball, the military, and old games.
He was a moderator who has interests in roleplaying and keeps order in his jurisdiction, and keep things organized. In 2016, he became an admin.

Dracosphinx

Baron SomeBody
Spoiler

KrazyCrismore

OriginalA

Asger

Josh McFace
Spoiler
http://www.factpiletopia.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=66

A debater who has been on Factpile since 2008.
He was an artist and drew a few pictures for a few factpile award winners.

Jwylnas
Spoiler
http://www.factpiletopia.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=63

A British member that has been around possibly as long as the triumvirate. He was a fan of WH40k and he was a proficient debater. He often thought outside the box and remained passive when debating.

He was the gamemaster to the Factpile's first roleplaying group. He wrote the beginnings to the long lasting Sanctity Falls.

He found the admin's infamous secret easter egg

Pondering Fool

Blood Dancer

AHEM

orpheus12

PaPPa JUDAS
Spoiler

Negative Zero/Maximus

Envoy

TheSorrow

Aelfinn

Midnite Marauder/Redrum

Zazax

the_man_with_the_answers

And more to come
Last edited by Alpha or Omega on Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:47 am, edited 15 times in total.
A lesson is learnt from victory, a thousand from defeat.
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Re: Writing Down Members

Postby Alpha or Omega » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:18 pm

Will continue on this later. I may get other members to help out.

GluttonousBehemoth

wingedlion

Draco

Stealth Ranger

the man/hermit

Micheal50120

bardian97

fallstar thief

CH1C4N0444

TopaztheSpaz

Dryn/Proto-Mind/Mea quidem sententia

Xeno Dimentio

Gendrons/Rhododendron

Ruliya/Kara Zor-El

guardianangel1911/Jake Uzumaki

jackn8r

ka-tet19

Doppelganger

Amm0vamp1r3

AquilaChrysaetos

tau43

AkumaTH

OMEGAMI

Kitten Lord

Zolanius

FriendlySociopath

Skarlet

NeonLord

Nsl98

Lady Ramkin

Sony girl/Jill Valentine

DReager1

hellboy147

Members that came after 2012 will go here.

And more to come.
Last edited by Alpha or Omega on Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:47 am, edited 9 times in total.
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby Aelfinn » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:30 pm

I remember two:
Siggmansz (I may not be spelling that correctly)
I don't quite remember who he debated for, but he was known as the moose, and he had a cartoon moose gravatar.

AHEM
His name stood for All Hail Emperor Murtagh, in reference to the Eragon character. His gravatar was a dragon of some depiction, and he often debated for Fantasy series. I do remember that he debated for Wheel of Time and Rand al'Thor rather often, and was there in the early days of the Wheel of Time vs Sword of Truth debate and Rand al'Thor vs Richard Rahl debate.

Who was the person who made those action-figure comics?
Aelfinn
Freak On A Leash

Postby Alpha or Omega » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:39 pm

Aelfinn wrote:I remember two:
Siggmansz (I may not be spelling that correctly)
I don't quite remember who he debated for, but he was known as the moose, and he had a cartoon moose gravatar.

Yeah, nowadays, he's in the roleplaying section. If you want to talk to him, you can.

Aelfinn wrote:AHEM
His name stood for All Hail Emperor Murtagh, in reference to the Eragon character. His gravatar was a dragon of some depiction, and he often debated for Fantasy series. I do remember that he debated for Wheel of Time and Rand al'Thor rather often, and was there in the early days of the Wheel of Time vs Sword of Truth debate and Rand al'Thor vs Richard Rahl debate.

I think his last comment was in 2015. I can't quite remember what he said. Thanks.

Aelfinn wrote:Who was the person who made those action-figure comics?

Baron Somebody. I was in one of those comics.
He liked Sir Daniel Fortesque, Star Wars, and Glitched IIRC.
He was a stoner. He and KrazyCrismore were buddies? (can't confirm)
He was on the receiving end from L-W, but he liked it I guess.
The last thing he posted was a thread, and it seemed like the newer members kinda hand waved him off.
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby Alpha or Omega » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:24 pm

Edited the Triumvirate

Started on Sapper007, Skrunks, Josh McFace, and Jwylnas
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby Alpha or Omega » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:19 pm

Edited some more on members.

Thinking about moving old members to the first post and putting newer members on the second post.
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby Soulerous » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:24 pm

I didn't take too many notes on people, unfortunately. I recall that CIDE had a habit of quoting multiple people in a thread- whatever he saw as a mistake- and correcting them quite astutely, usually (in my experience, at least) without taking sides.

I'll just post the summaries from the old wikispaces wiki. I don't know who wrote them, but I always found them helpful.

Spoiler
Admin is the creator of Factpile and is considered to be the final voice on all matters pertaining inner-match determinations. While usually keeping a neutral stance in the discussions, he has shown on few occasions that he is as much a fan of these characters as anybody else.

Admin has always kept an open ear for suggestions made by the other members of the community, and has shaped the site in many ways requested by the regular posters.

AlphaCommando is the most pragmatic member of the self appointed Factpile faction known as the Triumvirate. While his arguments are tipically no less crude than those of his counterparts, L-W and Matapiojo, he keeps his arguments brief an straight to the point. He has also demonstrated to have great knowledge regarding contemporary and historic military data that cover everything from general tactics to existing technologies.

AlphaCommando was the voice that drove the Triumvirate to produce their own ongoing column called The Triumvirate's Royal Inquisition.

Baron Somebody is one of the more enigmatic Factpilers. He gained notoriety with his apparent zealous devotion to the Medievil protagonist, Sir Daniel Fortesque. While many would call his passion to be simple fanboyism, many acknowledge that his love for the character transcends even that adjective.

Baron Somebody has been the first and only Factpiler to have been given an official timer by the admin on one of his requests due to the sheer volume.

He is also well known for his love of the obscure, most notably so for his deep knowledge of Vodou, which is the source of his chosen moniker as a variation of Baron Samedi, the Vodou god of death.

Cpt Olimar
It is inevitable to have some very heated debates evolve into nasty flame wars in a site such as Factpile, this is typically where Cpt Olimar jumped in. While his debating skills were never left wanting by any means, Cpt Olimar quickly earned a reputation for being generaly light-hearted and always willing to shoulder the task of calming everyone down with humor.

As an avid Nintendo and strategy video games fan, Cpt Olimar has never shied away from displaying his love for the title that is the source of his moniker. His passion for tactical gaming has translated into the debates as he frequently offers valid arguments that are often overlooked by the other debaters within the match.

David made heads turn after Expert had written the Return of the King article where he stated that Factpile was a shadow of its former self with him gone, mocking David's first article, The Far Cry 2 Medical Book.

Incredibly infuriated by this, David wrote the Death of a King article, showing that Factpile was still the same, if not better then was it was when Expert left. David continued with an article legacy that expanded into The War on Expert... saga which got a large amount of attention from regular Factpilers and new users alike.

Diana
While she is certainly not the only one, Diana is often seen as the only female participant that takes part in most discussions regardless of their topic. Most other self-proclaimed female posters appear to limit their contributions to more specific matches.

Diana also became the first Factpiler to transcend her status as a poster by taking part in an actual battle as a subject being matched to fictional characters as it was seen in the Group Combat match of Taki vs. Diana vs. Kitana.

Expert
Also known as Rob and ExpertImp. This Factpiler is arguably the single most recognized poster on the site as he is perhaps the oldest active member. He has provided numerous contributions to the site in the form of graphics and other imagery for the battles. He is also the poster attributed with the expansion of the site by including matches that didn't involve the Master Chief.

However, his true infamy arose with his open challenge to the entire community's psyche by being the pioneer of a weekly article addressing the site's readers. His article titled the Expert Zone opened with an obvious defiance to its would-be audience, which gave its author little love, but a great amount of attention. His abrasive and openly defiant demeanor extended to all of his posts throughout the site, only fueling the community's already diminished opinion of him. Many believe his egotistical behavior was exclusively done to fuel controversy into every argument he got involved in.

Rob went on an indefinite hiatus due to personal time constraints, even posting an announcement article in his column. However, the Admin informed the community of Rob's behind-the-scenes efforts to create a new design for the site amongst other upgrades.

Despite his infamy, many Factpilers continued to whisper Rob's name during his absence. This prompted Rob to make a return along with an apparent inactivity of community articles being produced.

Hotshot gained notoriety amongst the community as a persistent poster that would have been otherwise considered a troll. Despite the fact that he contributed opinions on many different matches, his name was always used to compare with newer posters that were considered to contribute very little to a discussion within a battle.

The Gravatar that was assigned to hotshot was often seen with numerous other monikers. The most frequent of these was mandalorian, whom at times provided contradicting comments to ones made previously. Hotshot always presented the reason for this to be his younger brother the one posting those messages. This behavior only contributed to the image other members of the community have of him.

JustAGamer broke the stereotypical stigma associated to the gross majority of debaters that showed support to the Master Chief and Halo. Unlike others of his ilk, he strove to provide factual information that would veer support towards his side without resorting to the often ridiculous arguments provided by what are now considered to be the typical Factpile MC Trolls which usually range along the lines of the "Spartan Lazer reigning supreme" to the disturbingly common "activation of the Halos".

Jwlynas started getting recognition across the site for his vast knowledge of fictional literature, often providing insight into topics where other simply skimmed the surface of the debate. He has also demonstrated devotion to the world of Warhammer 40,000 and its denizens, and is one of the more vocal Brittish Factpilers.

Jwlynas also volunteered for the duty of being Game Master to the first Factpile Forums Role-playing group. Using the unusual input from those who wanted to participate in the experimental group, he wove the beginnings of what we now know as Sanctity Falls. This pioneer RP group continues to add new players to this date.

Jwlynas was responsible for the discovery of Admin's infamous Secret Easter Egg.

L-W
Few Factpilers could hope to gain as much popularity or notoriety than L-W. He is known throughout the site as one of the most ruthless and merciless posters, always providing lengthy arguments that are full of cold hard facts and retorts that spare no one's feelings. Despite this behavior, he has been called upon numerous occasions to help determine a final outcome for a battle.

L-W has also been known to hold little regard for the gross majority of the site's posters, but he was the driving force that united the first Factpile faction now known as the Triumvirate alongside AlphaCommando and Matapiojo due to their rapport from past exchanges on some of the most lengthy arguments to date.

L-W's air of infamy is such that he has been more recently associated to The Most Interesting Man in the World.

Marche is one of the oldest members of the community after it expanded beyond the borders of Master Chief and Halo. He is considered by some to be an authority in all matters relating comic book characters and discussions, and is attributed with the creation of this Wiki dedicated to Factpile. He also provided a streamlined list of rules and guidelines to be used within the site's battles.

Marche is also known as being one of the posters with more accumulated stars, at one time having a contest of sorts with Matapiojo to be the first to reach one thousand posts.

Matapiojo is one of the few Marvel fans on the board, he is an authority when it comes to the likes of Thor and Ghost Rider. He also holds the most posts on both the main site and the forums to date and is fairly recognized by the gross majority of the regular Factpilers. He has also won Schwag a few times due to sniffing around the site often. He, along with AlphaCommando and L-W form the Factpile Triumvirate, after a match where they repeatdly put down a single opponent at the same time, becoming the logical trio.

Matapiojo is attributed with the conception of the Factpile Forums, and was apointed by admin to moderate that section of the site.

OriginalA has established himself as one of the top authorities in all matters revolving around the Metroid universe. He has been able to provide considerable factual data on matches that would have otherwise been reduced to simple arguments full of flaming behavior. It could be argued that alongside Skrunks, he has elevated the entire Metroid universe to be a solid contestant against the more developed universes on the site and have earned them several Factpile Awards on matches where the Metroid elements would have otherwise been considered to be the underdogs.

Space Marine Is a regular an advid supporter of Warhammer 40K (What a surprise). Always first to give warhammer the respect it deserves. His is known for his Gnat nickname given to him by Diana.

He likes Pivot alot,going as far as to make animations based on how he see's events on factpile. Most notably his Expertimp cartoons dreading his return.

Skrunks has become a debating authority throughout the site for his ability to dig up obscure data and facts that have completely turned the tide of a debate. His most notorious feat became apparent in the Boba Fett vs. Samus Aran debate where he uncovered a single weapon upgrade description within the Nintendo: DS game, Metroid Prime: Hunters. Namely, the description for the weapon for the bounty hunter antagonist, Kanden, where it states that the discharge from this device reaches the multi-terawatt energy output range as described in the game's Logbook.

This single find did not only turn the tide to declare the female bounty hunter the winner with a coveted Factpile Award, but it single handedly elevated the entire Metroid universe to a higher Battle Tier within the site as Samus can withstand blasts from this weapon and take only minor damage to her shields and some mild interference with her equipment while her own weapons are more than comparable, if not superior, in terms of damage output.

Thepocalypse has been known to be Factpile's resident Devil's Advocate. He will often take stances against a battle's status quo seemingly to just prove that everyone else is wrong. Ironically, he gained more renown by continuously displaying similar stubbornness to the notorious ExpertImp's own. Almost as an outward defiance to this beleif, Thepocalypse became the loudest voice to protest the pioneering column, The Expert Zone. His campaign against Rob's series of articles spawned a flood of Factpilers with similar views to request their own articles to be displayed on the main page of the site.

This series of events prompted the admin to create a contest that would determine who, if anyone, would be a new ongoing article slot under the Factpilers tab. Several individuals took part in this contest. The list includes Thepocalypse, The One Sin, Baron Somebody, and even the Triumvirate with their titled Royal Inquisition. The admin determined as a result for this contest to allow the section to remain open for whomever decides to participate in creating new articles. However, Thepocalypse has opted to make use of the Factpile Forums to continue a series known as Thepocalypse's Reviews.

There were more articles for other members, but sadly they were not archived. And by the way, L-W stands for Lord William.
Soulerous
Labled Incurable

Postby Alpha or Omega » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:56 pm

Alright, thanks.
Will take a deeper look and add more.
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby Alpha or Omega » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:57 pm

Added Diana and edited a few other members.
Renovated the posts.
Older members go on the first.
The newer members go on the second.
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby Alpha or Omega » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:44 pm

Updated a few. Started on Cpt. Olimar.

Congrats Aelfinn, you're considered to be an old member.
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Next

Return to Utopic Members