FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Undramatic Entrance

Your section to do whatever.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: Undramatic Entrance

Postby TheSorrow » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:58 pm

Matapiojo wrote:Speaking of, how is the debate arena looking? Any development in rules and/or formats while I was away?

Same old, same old really, people misinterpreting or being ignorant of the rules. The only big thing that's happened to radically change debates is the Disney's remarks on Star Wars EU as being non-canon.
"You can either fight at my side, or get crushed under my heel. But you will NOT stand in my way."

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Postby ZomBninjasamurai » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:20 pm

I didn't comment in this thread yet I don't think. Now I have.

Ok. Umm welcome back. Can't think of anything cool to say.
You should come inside the box...
If Harley Quinn is your favorite character, you're not a comic book fan, you're a Batman: The Animated Series fan.
ZomBninjasamurai
Utopia Warlord

Postby Alpha or Omega » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:33 pm

We're all hoping you get the job Mata. Good luck!
A lesson is learnt from victory, a thousand from defeat.
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby John-117 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:49 pm

Been missing you, Mata. If this forum had a wall of fame, you'd definitely be at the top.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to comment sooner, was on vacation. Seeing this post made my day.
Deathtanker wrote:Okay a ninja sniper, who has no tongue and is cold blooded, with a sniper rifle that fires ice bullets and cloaking within a vacuum.

The One Sin in a nutshell.
John-117
Utopia Warlord

Postby Matapiojo » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:05 am

TheSorrow wrote:Same old, same old really, people misinterpreting or being ignorant of the rules. The only big thing that's happened to radically change debates is the Disney's remarks on Star Wars EU as being non-canon.

Wait. So Disney broke EU?

ZomBninjasamurai wrote:I didn't comment in this thread yet I don't think. Now I have.

Ok. Umm welcome back. Can't think of anything cool to say.

You just did. Thanks, ZomB.

Alpha or Omega wrote:We're all hoping you get the job Mata. Good luck!

Appreciate that. Crossed fingers are starting to cramp, tho. Been two weeks since I applied, and I havent even heard from the first stage of the process.

John-117 wrote:Been missing you, Mata. If this forum had a wall of fame, you'd definitely be at the top.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to comment sooner, was on vacation. Seeing this post made my day.

As did yours, you crazy mexican. Good to see you are still roaming about. Now gimme back my Chipote Chillon!
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby TheSorrow » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:11 pm

Matapiojo wrote:Wait. So Disney broke EU?

They wanted to start from a position where they didn't have to rely on any of the plots from the books to make a movie.
"You can either fight at my side, or get crushed under my heel. But you will NOT stand in my way."

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Postby Matapiojo » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:04 am

Which makes sense, but Im asking if anyone has the source material where they made a statement to that effect.

Hope they don't kill off Boba with it.
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Soulerous » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:39 am

Soulerous
Labled Incurable

Postby Matapiojo » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:52 am

Ok. So pretty much the UE stands until (and IF) the new materials change events. Is that the going debate guideline for it?
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Soulerous » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:29 am

Matapiojo wrote:Ok. So pretty much the UE stands until (and IF) the new materials change events. Is that the going debate guideline for it?

Although I don't typically debate for Star Wars, what I have observed is all EU considered as no longer applicable. This is also what various articles say, though this one in particular seems to take your approach.

The official statement says "Star Wars Episodes VII-IX will not tell the same story told in the post-Return of the Jedi Expanded Universe," which does not speak of EU material that takes place before (or during) Return of the Jedi. However, it also says "Demand for past tales of the Expanded Universe will keep them in print, presented under the new Legends banner," which implies it will be a separate story "universe," existing only for the fans. For this I believe we will need clarification.
Soulerous
Labled Incurable

PreviousNext

Return to Utopic Members