FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Why not World of Darkness?

Beleive it or not, there are games out there that require no monitors to be played

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Posting links to creatively owned materials without permision of its owner is not allowed.

Why not World of Darkness?

Postby Commander Cross » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:24 am

Why did no one started to do a thread for World of Darkness if I had to be honest?

I feel disturbed that the thread doesn't exist but even more disturbed I can't seem to refine the opening post to start the thread out.

Shall I go and see if we can remedy the fact?
http://dragcave.net/image/n765.gif

Please help save the dragon egg.

Reminds me of factpile in general!
Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me

Re: Why not World of Darkness?

Postby Malenfant » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:23 pm

Specifics? New and old World of Darkness are fairly different, which the metaphysics and interaction for oWOD gamelines ridiculously unrelated, giving us things like how Judeo-Christianity is real, but there is also a Triat of Entities who God didn't create and will probably eventually destroy the huge amount of different meta-conceptual worlds and ideas. Did we mention that God might actually just be an omnipotent Mage, and not real.. at all? And don't forget about the Children, who existed before God created light!Of course, they did ret-con this is nWOD(well, sort of)after the failure of a ret-con that was D:TF.

Me, being a huge White Wolf fan, naturally loves WOD, though it's probably secondary to Exalted. I probably prefer oWOD over nWOD because, in my opinions, cooler Kindred, cooler hunters, and the awesome plama-cannon and death machine robot Technocracy)M:TAsc in general is pretty fun). Who cares about underlying physics that don't mix when you have orbital bombardment in the 15th century? To be fair, I like Changeling and Demon a lot more in their nWOD incarnations, with much cooler and darker backgrounds and, of course, skills(though D:TD isn't necessarily a game of horror). There are also some good fan gamelines, like Princess and Genius, though the latter is just basically compensating for the loss of the Technocracy for a bunch of boring old tyrant-god kings(in all seriousness, the Exarchs are pretty cool). I plan on suggesting a few WOD after I get my current -list- done with. Unfortunately, I can't really find anything that can match it in its entirety.
Malenfant
Plebe

Postby Commander Cross » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:53 pm

Malenfant wrote:Specifics? New and old World of Darkness are fairly different, which the metaphysics and interaction for oWOD gamelines ridiculously unrelated, giving us things like how Judeo-Christianity is real, but there is also a Triat of Entities who God didn't create and will probably eventually destroy the huge amount of different meta-conceptual worlds and ideas. Did we mention that God might actually just be an omnipotent Mage, and not real.. at all? And don't forget about the Children, who existed before God created light!Of course, they did ret-con this is nWOD(well, sort of)after the failure of a ret-con that was D:TF.

Me, being a huge White Wolf fan, naturally loves WOD, though it's probably secondary to Exalted. I probably prefer oWOD over nWOD because, in my opinions, cooler Kindred, cooler hunters, and the awesome plama-cannon and death machine robot Technocracy)M:TAsc in general is pretty fun). Who cares about underlying physics that don't mix when you have orbital bombardment in the 15th century? To be fair, I like Changeling and Demon a lot more in their nWOD incarnations, with much cooler and darker backgrounds and, of course, skills(though D:TD isn't necessarily a game of horror). There are also some good fan gamelines, like Princess and Genius, though the latter is just basically compensating for the loss of the Technocracy for a bunch of boring old tyrant-god kings(in all seriousness, the Exarchs are pretty cool). I plan on suggesting a few WOD after I get my current -list- done with. Unfortunately, I can't really find anything that can match it in its entirety.

Could we talk more on Changeling: The Lost or Both takes of Mage, for that matter?
Werewolf sounds fun.
http://dragcave.net/image/n765.gif

Please help save the dragon egg.

Reminds me of factpile in general!
Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me

Postby Malenfant » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:49 pm

Haven't played nMage or Changeling much, but I had lots and lots of fun with the Technocracy. Plasma cannon armed auroras versus reality deviants from another reality? Hell yeah.
Malenfant
Plebe

Postby shaver13 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:22 am

Commander Cross wrote:
Malenfant wrote:Specifics? New and old World of Darkness are fairly different, which the metaphysics and interaction for oWOD gamelines ridiculously unrelated, giving us things like how Judeo-Christianity is real, but there is also a Triat of Entities who God didn't create and will probably eventually destroy the huge amount of different meta-conceptual worlds and ideas. Did we mention that God might actually just be an omnipotent Mage, and not real.. at all? And don't forget about the Children, who existed before God created light!Of course, they did ret-con this is nWOD(well, sort of)after the failure of a ret-con that was D:TF.

Could we talk more on Changeling: The Lost or Both takes of Mage, for that matter?
Werewolf sounds fun.

I am a newbie here, I just would like to know if the games concerning warriors is available here? As I love playing combat games.
shaver13
Plebe

Return to Alternative Games