FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

The Punishment Due

Know what's what in the worlds of the pile ranging from the Mainland, the Topia, and everything in between.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: The Punishment Due

Postby Siggymansz » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:48 am

Captain Epic wrote:Not going to lie, this statement has me a tad bit nervous.

I don't know why the truth would make you nervous, are you doing anything shifty? :P

to steal a quote from SD.net
http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=138015 wrote:My House, My Rules. I own the forum. I pay for the hardware, I maintain the software, I pay for the bandwidth. As a guest in my house, you must recognize that I set the rules, not you. If you think that is unjust, TOO FUCKING BAD.

although tbh, I already miss NZ starting arguments over nothing :(
They were fun to watch, and he was easy to defeat (if stubborn...)
Spoiler
Siggymansz
Primarch

Postby Matapiojo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:29 am

Siggymansz wrote:although tbh, I already miss NZ starting arguments over nothing :(
They were fun to watch, and he was easy to defeat (if stubborn...)

I was wondering when someone was going to state as much.

I can't say I miss it, but lie I value Expert, I think NZ filled a role that is often necesary in a debating community. Expert > X-on > Swifter > Fisher King > Negative Zero... Someone else will fill the "void" soon enough, I'm sure. His predecesors' perceived abrasiveness waxed and waned, but NZ's was a steady incline ever since the soft warning was issued. The others modified their behavior when they were spoken with in PMs (note Swift's promotion, and one I think has been very fruitful), but NZ was hell bent on not being wrong no matter how right the source of his animosity was.

A true shame, as far as I can see it. He had all the makings of being as fruitful as Swifter - if not more.
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Blood Dancer » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:05 am

Matapiojo wrote:A true shame, as far as I can see it. He had all the makings of being as fruitful as Swifter - if not more.

A notion I wholeheartedly agree with, NZ could have gone further and probably become a mod himself - not a green one but a mod nevertheless. And given my status as an FP veteran, I suppose that says something. I did witness Expert, X-On and Swifter at their Zenith after all.
Life is the one ride we cannot afford to lose
Blood Dancer
Ready For Action

Postby Matapiojo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:22 am

Blood Dancer wrote:And given my status as an FP veteran, I suppose that says something. I did witness Expert, X-On and Swifter at their Zenith after all.

Indeed. I expected the veterans to know exactly what I was talking about. I saw great things in NZ, which is why I stalled on perma-veredict for so long. Too bad he only saw me as doing exactly the opposite of sticking up for him, but I never really wanted to boast I was on his side. Good behavior, respect, gratitude, self-evaluation, etc, should not be based off on any quid pro quo notion. I didn't want him to not be a vulgar troll as a thanks to me or othe Mods defending him, but as recognition that that's the expected behavior of all members and he was simply not measuring up.

Like I said before, c'est la vie. One way or another, he will learn from this for all future endeavors.
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby krazycrismore » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:42 am

Matapiojo wrote:Indeed. I expected the veterans to know exactly what I was talking about. I saw great things in NZ, which is why I stalled on perma-veredict for so long. Too bad he only saw me as doing exactly the opposite of sticking up for him, but I never really wanted to boast I was on his side. Good behavior, respect, gratitude, self-evaluation, etc, should not be based off on any quid pro quo notion. I didn't want him to not be a vulgar troll as a thanks to me or othe Mods defending him, but as recognition that that's the expected behavior of all members and he was simply not measuring up.

Like I said before, c'est la vie. One way or another, he will learn from this for all future endeavors.

Believe it or not, me and him used to get along really well. But as I have said before, after the period of about 1 month where he was unable to access FP, not the 15 day ban, he started to quickly decline.
"One miracle, my lord. Delivered as requested. That should hold them back for a few hours. Long enough?"
-Androl Genhald
krazycrismore
J's Sammich Wench

Postby Jareth » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:08 am

yea he still texts me sometimes....
"Why can't you just be happy...I mean like Jesus it's like such a astronomically hard concept for you...It's not that hard okay...Its not like you're building a fucking rocket ship out macaroni or some shit." ~Befudle
Jareth
I Am the Highway

Postby Baron Somebody » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:58 pm

It's good to be supreme necromancer of all things editable :lol:

Baron Somebody wrote:I asked someone if it's normal to second guess walking motions...dude I am so fucked...
Baron Somebody
Megaraptor's Scapegoat

Postby SmilinJack » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:47 pm

I bet it is Baron, I bet it is.
Hope for the best. Plan for the worst.
SmilinJack
Utopia Overlord

Postby Drunken Chevalier » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:19 pm

I find it weird some people have been treating his perma-ban as if he had actually died... its very odd.
The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown

Pass me my nuclear powered glowing super hat with fold in Quantum Singularity bomb! we hunt ostriches tonight!
Drunken Chevalier
Taste the Pain

Location: In the Dreamlands, partying with cats, beating up Moon Frogs and making soylent green with ghouls

Postby Captain Epic » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:08 pm

Drunken Chevalier wrote:I find it weird some people have been treating his perma-ban as if he had actually died... its very odd.

Well, to my knowledge this is a first for FactpileTopia. So I guess the reactions given are understandable.

Siggymansz wrote:I don't know why the truth would make you nervous, are you doing anything shifty? :P

No, I took Mata's statements on snytax to seriously.
Captain Epic
Honorary Avenger

PreviousNext

Return to News, Rules, & Updates