FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

New Moderation

Know what's what in the worlds of the pile ranging from the Mainland, the Topia, and everything in between.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

New Moderation

Postby Matapiojo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:27 am

I am pleased to inform that the response from the community has been far greater than what I initially expected. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. It is good because I know I can count on a lot of you if things ever came to that, but it is bad because it made me make a few hard decisions I was not exactly ready to make.

So, this is how I'd like the new Team to look like, assuming all parties accept their roles...

New Global Mod(s)
    - Jwlynas
    - Megaraptor18
I had originally intended for there to be only one new Mod, but these two really stood out from the rest of the fine folks who showed interest. It seemed like almost everyone expected Jwlynas to be the new Mod, myself included, and there is a good reason for that. He is thoughtful, charismatic, fair, and most of all, integral to our little band of misfits. Hell, most of you already saw him as one even before he had a chance to voice his own oppinion. That is a great unspoken sign to me that he is the right choice by far.

That said, Mega is no slouch either. Not only is he as integral a cog in this machine as J, but he has actually helped the Team numerous times before in the form of unofficial moderation.

I am confident these two will be great addition to the color green.

Now for the trickier ones...

Piler Corner
    - John-117
    - Hitman H94

John is one of our oldest pilers, and Hitman has been selected by Admin himself to better FP as he has been given powers to post on the main site. Both of these guys have proven time and again that they are great pilers that have the interests of you all at heart, and thus they became the clear choices for the busy section that is the Piler Corner.

FactPilerverse
    - Swifterdeath
    - Xeno Dimentio

Swift is one of the more debate enthusiasts in the site, and taking care of the section that deals with debating tools and resources should be of relative ease to him. He will do this section proud.

Xeno is our newest addition to The Team, and we have the utmost confidence in his abilities.

Entertainment
    - DivineChaos88
    - Baron Somebody

Both of these guys have a ton of insight to bring to this section as I consider them to be well informed in a number of the areas within. They are also some of the older members of the topia, and it is well past their time to be sharing a bit of the load.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There you go.

It is important for everybody to remember that we are still a small community. Giving moderation powers to all that are interested is a bit unpractical. That does not mean that others did not deserve the right to prove their worth as moderators either. As the topia might grow, so will our mod needs, and all of you that have contacted me to express your desire to help have not gone unnoticed. In fact, you are the first people I will contact in case any of these folks are unable to meet up with the task, or decline their role.

Please feel free to discuss anything you wish to regarding the new roles.
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Re: New Moderation

Postby Siggymansz » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:32 am

Jwlynas
Megaraptor18

Congradumalatiooonsz

All you other less important mods can fuck off :mrgreen:

J/K

congratulations to all the new mods, may you bring peace and prosperity to your assigned sections (be they Global or otherwise)

Edit:

Beer is on me!
Spoiler
Siggymansz
Primarch

Postby chewie6000 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:55 am

Congratulations to all everyone who got teh position.

Now you mentioned beer Siggy...

Also what will happen about the colour change thing?
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Walt Emerson
chewie6000
Misery Machine

Postby Matapiojo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:57 am

I will be working on the administrative technicalities during the week, but I am awaiting their respective acceptance to their forum jobs first.
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby chewie6000 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:01 pm

~translation~
Have a week long party.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Walt Emerson
chewie6000
Misery Machine

Postby JMT » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:02 pm

So, what if someone doesn't want to be a mod? (silly question, i know)
I'll make him an offer he can't refuse. - Vito Corleone, The Godfather
JMT
Ready For Action

Postby Matapiojo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:10 pm

Then I would go to talks with the other forlks that showed interest and I think are good for the role the person declined.
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby SmilinJack » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:27 pm

Each were great choices Mata.
Hope for the best. Plan for the worst.
SmilinJack
Utopia Overlord

Postby Hitman H94 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:20 pm

I was honestly surprised I got Pilers Mod but I will do the best I can....

PS All Slum soldiers call off the attack for now, will discuss new tactics asap

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby chewie6000 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:36 pm

Dont do a Nick Clegg on me Hitman...
chewie6000
Misery Machine

Next

Return to News, Rules, & Updates