FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Wikipile and FP chat.

Know what's what in the worlds of the pile ranging from the Mainland, the Topia, and everything in between.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Wikipile and FP chat.

Postby Marche » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:10 pm

http://factpile.wikispaces.com/
The factpile wiki space was started by me around the end of july as a place to check out character stats,and a stage for the chat.You will find information on characters,universes,and members.The wiki is constantly expanding,help with different series would be appreciated.

Watch what you say in the articles however,i am also thinking about adding rules for joining.Don't forget to join the discussions.

http://xat.com/chat/room/66619424/

Stop by and talk with fellow factpilers,the chat is dead most of the time however,need to get the word out.
User avatar
Marche
Utopia Overlord
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:46 pm
Location: My dimension

Re: Wikipile and FP chat.

Postby swifterdeath » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:12 pm

Awsome, now everyone on CHAT! NOW!
"...Roleplays are perfectly arranged, until the roleplayers arrive" - J
swifterdeath
Ready For Action
 
Posts: 1663
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:53 am
Location: Equestria, Cloudsdale

Re: Wikipile and FP chat.

Postby Sapper007 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:49 am

Would this wikipile supercede say, marvel.com?
I am a Sapper Leader. The cutting edge of my country's sword.

I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery. God grant that I may not be found wanting, that I will not fail this sacred trust.
User avatar
Sapper007
Utopia Overlord
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:35 am

Re: Wikipile and FP chat.

Postby Matapiojo » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:56 am

Sapper007 wrote:Would this wikipile supercede say, marvel.com?


Not at all. This is our own internal source system. It is aimed to provide us with a more relevant debating tool than spending too much time arguing the same points across 10+ debates involving Master Chief.

Idealy, we would be using such sources as marvel.com to come to those determinations in the first place.
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Image
User avatar
Matapiojo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5539
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:35 pm
Location: Uberville

Re: Wikipile and FP chat.

Postby Marche » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:58 am

Mata summed it up quite nicely.
User avatar
Marche
Utopia Overlord
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:46 pm
Location: My dimension

Re: Wikipile and FP chat.

Postby Sapper007 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:46 pm

hmmm... we need to come up with a Canon scale... something to fall back on when conflicts in canon arise... example scale is such
0 Marvel Universe and X-men movies, no canon
1 being vague reference, miniscule canon
2 chance happenstance, moderately canon
3 normal circumstance, canon
4 admin, while not absolute canon it might as well be unless 5 canon can be submitted
5 Published canon IE Marvel.com offical character profiles...

what do you think???
I am a Sapper Leader. The cutting edge of my country's sword.

I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery. God grant that I may not be found wanting, that I will not fail this sacred trust.
User avatar
Sapper007
Utopia Overlord
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:35 am

Re: Wikipile and FP chat.

Postby Matapiojo » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:53 pm

Sapper007 wrote:hmmm... we need to come up with a Canon scale... something to fall back on when conflicts in canon arise... example scale is such
0 Marvel Universe and X-men movies, no canon
1 being vague reference, miniscule canon
2 chance happenstance, moderately canon
3 normal circumstance, canon
4 admin, while not absolute canon it might as well be unless 5 canon can be submitted
5 Published canon IE Marvel.com offical character profiles...

what do you think???


Eventhough most sources establish what is canon (Earth-616, etc), I think that its still a solid idea. To make matters work more smoothly, though, make sure to start canon discussions within the particular wiki page.

What we want to see in these boards are Respect Threads to reference out to. Those will help immensely towards determining canon.

Keep in mind, though. Admin may always make different determinations for the matches in question even after we have agreed upon a topic's canon.
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Image
User avatar
Matapiojo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5539
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:35 pm
Location: Uberville

Re: Wikipile and FP chat.

Postby Sapper007 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:02 pm

of course admin makes the determinations of battles... but what i was getting at that for example... marvel.com says "character x can cut adamantium because of his factpile saber" i just dont want admin, (because he has never heard of character x because he is mentioned in the 1971, issue 3 of the incredible fringe limited factpile edition), to eliminate a debate possibility by saying, well adamantium is deemed virtually indestructable, so it would seem the factpile saber cant break adamantium...

if my example makes any sense
BTW it must suck to be admin sometimes...
I am a Sapper Leader. The cutting edge of my country's sword.

I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery. God grant that I may not be found wanting, that I will not fail this sacred trust.
User avatar
Sapper007
Utopia Overlord
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:35 am

Re: Wikipile and FP chat.

Postby Matapiojo » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:10 pm

Sapper007 wrote:BTW it must suck to be admin sometimes...


Im sure he gets his little moments of pure joy.

In any case, I understand what you mean, but what I was trying to get at was exactly that. Nuances such as individual character issues like those can and probably will be figured out on a respect thread. Once things are accepted as final within a Respect Thread [Discussion], we can make an official Respect Thread for that character. That information will then be transfered over onto the Wiki.

Note that the Character Profiles on our wiki are not absolute yet because none of them have a final respect thread. Some have RT Discussion, but there are no finals yet at this point.
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Image
User avatar
Matapiojo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5539
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:35 pm
Location: Uberville

Re: Wikipile and FP chat.

Postby Sapper007 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:28 pm

I don't know enough about individual characters to add to the respect thread... but i do know quite a bit about physics, ballistics, energy and human anatomy... so i could write up some basic weapon profiles, 9mm, 10mm, m4, 50 cal etc... i also did some calc's on lightning bolts as a weapon... on MC vs Cole Mcgrath
I am a Sapper Leader. The cutting edge of my country's sword.

I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery. God grant that I may not be found wanting, that I will not fail this sacred trust.
User avatar
Sapper007
Utopia Overlord
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:35 am

Next

Return to News, Rules, & Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest