FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Well now how the holy hell does this work?

Know what's what in the worlds of the pile ranging from the Mainland, the Topia, and everything in between.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Well now how the holy hell does this work?

Postby Asger » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:48 pm

So, ever since Factpile got a log-in system out of...nowhere, I can't post.

I try to log in, I can't. I try to make an account and I can't because, my username is already registered on FP.

Any idea what I'm supposed to do?
loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
Asger
Organ Grinder

Re: Well now how the holy hell does this work?

Postby Matapiojo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:52 pm

I havent checked FP at all today, and was not made aware of the change. Its one of those things that admin probably had been working on and was eager to effectuate to see what issues would have come up.

Let me see if I can find you some answers.
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Siggymansz » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:08 pm

I too have a thread that is wondering about the Log-in System

Here
Spoiler
Siggymansz
Primarch

Postby Singularity » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:13 pm

If I understand how this works, the username you generally use is registered by default with the email you generally use with the system. Either that, or Wordpress remembered by username from the last time the Admin tried to implement the login system.

Just go to "Register" and register the username you want. If your name is already registered for whatever reason, click on "Forgot my Password" and have it send a new randomly generated password to your email account ( I'm pretty sure this would only work with the email you generally use with your Factpile name ). You'll first get an email asking you to confirm you're request; Click on the link and you'll be sent a second email with your new password. Then use that password to login with your Username of choice. Once you're in, you should be able to change your password to whatever you want it to be.

Hope this helps.
Singularity
Plebe

Return to News, Rules, & Updates