FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

July 1st Invasion Factpilers MUST READ! For Answers

Know what's what in the worlds of the pile ranging from the Mainland, the Topia, and everything in between.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: July 1st Invasion Factpilers MUST READ! For Answers

Postby bardian97 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:38 am

Megaraptor18 wrote:
Hitman H94 wrote:
pimpmage wrote:So, what forum will we be using for debates @Megaraptor18?

Megaraptor18 wrote:OK it turns out I just remembered we have a debate section already. The Factpile Arena so hope over there and have fun!

Here is the link
http://www.factpiletopia.com/viewforum.php?f=98

Pretty much I was trying to make a new section and while making it I saw Arena and it came to me that we already have such a section.

The rules will have to be edited.
Matapiojo wrote:As a spin-off Forum Community to a debating website, we cannot establish debates in this site ...
... That's where this section comes in. Alternate Battles must adhere to the following:
Alternate Battles wrote:1) An Alternate Battle debate may only be created if there is an existing battle for it on Factpile.com. If no original battle is present on the main site, the thread will be closed.

2) A link for the original battle MUST be provided at the top of the created post. If one is not provided, the battle may be closed until an active link is established. (A battle image is optional)

3) The new Alternate Battle must be given a unique scenario, it cannot have the same scenario as the original debate on the main site. Note that while some debates have no scenario to speak of, later determinations may have been provided by Admin or the piler who requested the battle. These items must be taken into consideration for an Alternate Battle to be created here.

4) If your proposed Alternate Battle does not have an original debate on the main site, you must submit a Battle Request to Admin before creating one here. As stated above, your new battle will be closed otherwise.

5) Alternate Battles must still adhere to the FactPile Debating Guidelines. However, you may submit any number of scenario alterations within a single thread once the previous one has been resolved.

To post an Alternate Battle the following Template must be used.

Instruction:
Hit Select All on the code box below and copy it.

Start a new topic, the topic should be named after the opponents fighting.

Paste the contents of the code box for the OP.

Remove Asterisks and the contents in them after finishing the instructions they give you.

Remove any other unused part.

Code: Select all
[B]Opponent/Team Number 1: [/B]*Insert the name(s) of the first Opponent/Team*

[B]Opponent/Team Number 2: [/B]*Insert the name(s) of the second Opponent/Team*

*If there are 3 or more opponents, or 3 or more teams copy and paste the above and change the ‘Number 2’ to ‘Number 3’ and ‘of the second’ to ‘of the third’ and so on with the fourth or fifth*

[b]Original Thread:[/b] [url=*paste the original battle's URL here*]*type the original battle title here*[/url]

[B]Alternate Equipment:[/B] *Put the Weapons/Armor/Equipment that the Opponents/teams will be using. If it’s specific stuff, be detailed. And if it’s the same as the original match, still put it down.*

[B]Alternate Location:[/B] *Write down the area the battle will be taking place. And if it’s a custom area, be detailed on what there is. Vague descriptions will mean a lot of questions. And if the area can be accompanied by a picture please use it with the following instructions.*

[IMG]*Insert the URL of the picture here*[/IMG]

[B]Alternate Scenario:[/B] *write down the goals of each side, it can be a capture the flag type thing, fighting off zombies will trying to kill eachother, or a straight up deathmatch.*

Here is an Alternate Battle example:
Opponent/Team Number 1: Master Chief

Opponent/Team Number 2: Marcus Fenix

Original Thread: Master Chief Vs Marcus Fenix

Alternate Equipment: Marcus gets standard equipment. Chief gets standard equipment but his shields are damaged and will not activate for 30 minutes.

Alternate Location: The battle takes place in a Locust Tunnel.

Alternate Scenario: Master Chief must capture Marcus Fenix. After 40 minutes, Flood infested Locust will arrive and attack both sides.
Dicks
bardian97
Psychotron

Postby CH1C4N0444 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:48 am

So, one of the rules I saw on the Alternate Battles forum was that the match had to exist on the mainland already in order for it not to be locked. Since the site will be down, I'm assuming that stipulation is removed till it's back? Also, is there gonna be any limit on the matches we can post or can everyone post however many matches they want, whenever they want till their hearts content? Just wanna check.
CH1C4N0444
I Am the Highway

Postby Megaraptor18 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:54 am

I could edit the rules with a series of temporary rules that will remain in effect until the Main site returns. I'll work on them today. Thanks for bringing up that issue.
It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!

Megaraptor18
Site Admin

Postby Megaraptor18 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:10 pm

I have edited the first post of thread with new information please read it.

Megaraptor18
Site Admin

Postby bardian97 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:05 pm

Megaraptor18 wrote:I could edit the rules with a series of temporary rules that will remain in effect until the Main site returns. I'll work on them today. Thanks for bringing up that issue.

No problem, home slice.
Dicks
bardian97
Psychotron

Postby bardian97 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:07 pm

Megaraptor18 wrote:...we Mods will edit them into the first post of the thread and try and set release dates for matches.

Another suggestion, perhaps make someone (or a couple someones) relevant to the debating community a mod on that specific subforum in order to reduce the workload under you and Hitman.
Dicks
bardian97
Psychotron

Postby Megaraptor18 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:13 pm

bardian97 wrote:
Megaraptor18 wrote:...we Mods will edit them into the first post of the thread and try and set release dates for matches.

Another suggestion, perhaps make someone (or a couple someones) relevant to the debating community a mod on that specific subforum in order to reduce the workload under you and Hitman.

I'm talking to Admin right now and I plan on promoting the authors in the main site to mods of that section so they can continue their work. Turns out I don't have the power to promote anyone to mod so I'm asking Admin to give me more authority in promotions so I may promote them to Forum Mods of that section. If anything for a very short period of time to have such authority.

Megaraptor18
Site Admin

Postby Megaraptor18 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:10 am

Thanks to a wonderful suggestion from a follower Factpiler I have moved the section that holds Factpile Debating to the top section (well second from the top section I ain't moving the Help section.) This should make it easier for those on the fence about topia to find the debates much easier than before.

This will be confusing for us Topians but something that will pass through time. The upside is that it would help and ensure that our community can come together and be an united community once again.

The Truth of the matter is simple. The Role of this site has changed from being a social site only to a mix of debating and social. With the main site gone for now and until it's rebirth this site has too take the reigns of debating first. So the debating sections have too placed to the top and the social and entertainment are simply moved down one space. Social will still be welcomed here as always all I'm doing is placing debating on top until the rebirth.

Enjoy ;)

Megaraptor18
Site Admin

Previous

Return to News, Rules, & Updates