FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Factpile wiki lets help it?

Discuss all matters Wikipile.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: Factpile wiki lets help it?

Postby swifterdeath » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:16 pm

Hitman H94 wrote:I guess I meant it is similar to a group pne but I thought it would be nice to add in then we could just add the species list and link them in the universe page, lay all the stats and stuff in there and even link known charcters of that species or something.

I guess it would depend on how often we have "Species" matches on Factpile. I wouldn't know, personally, but if it's often enough that they are memorable, I could see a reason. But I personally don't see a reason to start adding profiles to stuff that doesn't happen in Factpile. I mean, it IS a wikia, so if someone wanted to make a Species page for stuff, I don't see why I would stop them(Especially if it was you, because then I couldn't :lol: ), so long as it's detailed enough that it doesn't warrant just getting punted into a page related to that species.
"...Roleplays are perfectly arranged, until the roleplayers arrive" - J
swifterdeath
Ready For Action

Postby Hitman H94 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:07 pm

swifterdeath wrote:
Hitman H94 wrote:I guess I meant it is similar to a group pne but I thought it would be nice to add in then we could just add the species list and link them in the universe page, lay all the stats and stuff in there and even link known charcters of that species or something.

I guess it would depend on how often we have "Species" matches on Factpile. I wouldn't know, personally, but if it's often enough that they are memorable, I could see a reason. But I personally don't see a reason to start adding profiles to stuff that doesn't happen in Factpile. I mean, it IS a wikia, so if someone wanted to make a Species page for stuff, I don't see why I would stop them(Especially if it was you, because then I couldn't :lol: ), so long as it's detailed enough that it doesn't warrant just getting punted into a page related to that species.

Hahaha :lol:
Well I will give it a shot after exams and see how far I can take it.

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby Matapiojo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:21 am

One of the advantages of going wikia is that it has the category features. Species could indeed be a valid sub-category to a groups page, which in turn could be a sub-category to duels.

Remember that category pages will help tremendously for in-site navigation with less demand for cross-linking to other pages. Certainly keep such things in mind, fellers.
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Hitman H94 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:11 pm

Matapiojo wrote:One of the advantages of going wikia is that it has the category features. Species could indeed be a valid sub-category to a groups page, which in turn could be a sub-category to duels.

This is why I thought of it! I thought it would defo fit in there.

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby Commander Cross » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:27 pm

Hitman H94 wrote:
Matapiojo wrote:One of the advantages of going wikia is that it has the category features. Species could indeed be a valid sub-category to a groups page, which in turn could be a sub-category to duels.

This is why I thought of it! I thought it would defo fit in there.

Did anyone take a note at the respect thread I worked my bones and marrow on?
http://dragcave.net/image/n765.gif

Please help save the dragon egg.

Reminds me of factpile in general!
Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me

Postby swifterdeath » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:22 pm

Commander Cross wrote:Did anyone take a note at the respect thread I worked my bones and marrow on?

They might have, and if you want, you can throw up a Wiki profile for what it covers, and have the References area link to your thread.
swifterdeath
Ready For Action

Postby Commander Cross » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:01 am

swifterdeath wrote:
Commander Cross wrote:Did anyone take a note at the respect thread I worked my bones and marrow on?

They might have, and if you want, you can throw up a Wiki profile for what it covers, and have the References area link to your thread.

Swifterdeath, I don't think I got the confidence to set up such a page, yet. :sweat:
I still am a long way before I can get to Haseo's Xth form, but I DID cite out common grounds between the Magic Systems of the Potter-world and .hack, did i not?
http://dragcave.net/image/n765.gif

Please help save the dragon egg.

Reminds me of factpile in general!
Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me

Postby Matapiojo » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:09 am

Swift is the guy you want. He is the Mod in chanrge of these ventures. If he has confidence of what you're doing, then you ought to have confidence in it yourself.

Have at it. If we, or any observant piler, have any critiques to what you do, we will be sure to let you know here, there, or simply tweak minor edits in your wake. "It takes a village," bud - and the wiki is our collective child.
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby swifterdeath » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Commander Cross wrote:Swifterdeath, I don't think I got the confidence to set up such a page, yet. :sweat:
I still am a long way before I can get to Haseo's Xth form, but I DID cite out common grounds between the Magic Systems of the Potter-world and .hack, did i not?

Just add what you can. It's a wikia, like Mata said, if you are having problems with it, other people will help. If it's looking fine, then it'll be left as an example of whatever you made it for. If you're not sure what to do, I can point you to some really well made respect threads on the wikia that would be good for examples.

Matapiojo wrote:Swift is the guy you want. He is the Mod in chanrge of these ventures. If he has confidence of what you're doing, then you ought to have confidence in it yourself.

And I wish I could get more work done on it, but I've been gaming way too often. Luckily I think I'll have some time soon to do more work. I'll probably make the Factpile Award Page, maybe set up a Universe Profile section.
swifterdeath
Ready For Action

Postby Hitman H94 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:06 pm

I will start on the wikia again once my exams are over, which is next wednesday.

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

PreviousNext

Return to Wiki Development