FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Becoming a Mod?

Tell us what you think - good, bad, and ugly! - and tell us how you think it could be better.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Becoming a Mod?

Postby Captain Epic » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:26 pm

I was looking at the User Groups and some of the mod spots said they were open groups you could join. What happens if you try to join a mod group? Please note, I am not trying to become a mod I am just curious about the group functions.
Captain Epic
Honorary Avenger

Re: Becoming a Mod?

Postby Matapiojo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:31 am

Honestly, that is just functionality we have not made use of. As all current groups are managed by us directly, there just has not been any need for it.

That being said, one of the things I have planned is to create some groups that will be made available to you guys for added bonuses. For example, we could create a Roleplayers group with one of you guys set as the group's leader. Members could apply to join this group whenever they wished, and they would have access to exclussive boards that would otherwise be hidden to others (amongst other features).

As you can imagine, this is only one of the many functionality features we simply are not making much use of due to time constraints. I am currently working behind curtains to fix the groups and permissions we currently have so we could explore those overlooked features. As everything I say I'll do, you'll just have to be patient with my incredibly slow progress...
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Captain Epic » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:39 pm

I dig the red font Mata.
Captain Epic
Honorary Avenger

Postby Commander Cross » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:37 pm

Will becoming a moderator for the site help to ensure peace is maintained?
Methinks we should have factpile's equivalents of the White Council Wardens from the Dresden files available, maybe then we could reduce the lunacy, significantly, I hope.
http://dragcave.net/image/n765.gif

Please help save the dragon egg.

Reminds me of factpile in general!
Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me

Postby Matapiojo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:14 am

@CC

Well that is one of the reasons we are fixing groups and permissions right now. I want to give you guys the opportunity to create and manage you own groups (within reason). Your council could very well be implemented sooner than you think.
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Captain Epic » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:50 am

So you could make a groud called THE AVENGERS?
Captain Epic
Honorary Avenger

Postby Matapiojo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:55 am

Well we are not going to go crazy with groups, but yes...I could.
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Captain Epic » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:56 am

Just think about, buddy.
Captain Epic
Honorary Avenger

Postby SmilinJack » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:32 pm

At the same time, it's not all fun and games. Remember that. There's quite a bit of responsibility in it.
Hope for the best. Plan for the worst.
SmilinJack
Utopia Overlord

Postby Commander Cross » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:46 pm

Matapiojo wrote:@CC

Well that is one of the reasons we are fixing groups and permissions right now. I want to give you guys the opportunity to create and manage you own groups (within reason). Your council could very well be implemented sooner than you think.

In nods to the Dresden Files, may the group in question be known as The Factpile Council Wardens, as a shoutout to the Dresden Files, by Jim Butcher, Mata?
If that's the case, I'd trust that Admiral GuardianAngel1911 would be fit to lead such a group, if he'd accept the nominations.
Also for further news, we may need to make sure that there are moderators to inspect possible fight-based ideas, to make sure neither spite nor grief nor even force-rushing will pervade any match at all(keep in mind while I find Grief-matches to be the worst matches of all, as they would require moderators to mobilize into action to comtain and filter out, quickly, before they'd explode like Nuclear Warheads if not worse, Spite matches and/or Rushed matches are still very bad to deal with and must be barred if the site is to remain free!) which may take a while before Sturgeon's Doctors may get anything done.

There should be a rule that allows mods to verify match-ups to make sure that they're actually balanced, we don't want any in-fights to break out because there's none of the mods to verify the matches, right?
http://dragcave.net/image/n765.gif

Please help save the dragon egg.

Reminds me of factpile in general!
Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me

Next

Return to Feedback & Suggestions