FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

An Idea for the Mainland

Tell us what you think - good, bad, and ugly! - and tell us how you think it could be better.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

An Idea for the Mainland

Postby DReager1 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:09 pm

Well this idea would take a lot of work, so instead of the Admin doing it by himself I thought the Mods could do it. Or (If it's canon. I'm not sure if you guys support it or if it's fan amde but) The Factpile wiki could do it. Factpile could have a rankings system. Like this,

29th Megaman X 11-2 .846

30th Yusuke 21-4 .840

31st Slur 10-2 .833
31st Red 5-1 .833

The Records could be based on votes for matches. So ones without FP awards, but with a solid vote that has at least 15 votes, like say Dante vs Kratos. Since Dante is winning the vote count he'd get a win and Kratos would get a loss. So it'd look like this,

Dante 1-0
Kratos 0-1

And so on. It would just be a lot of work to look through each match and take a vote. So maybe we could install a voting system, like a poll. Anyway just ideas I wanted to throw up there.

@Mods Sorry if this is in the wrong section. It seemed like the right one, but I wasn't sure
Bass EXE, the King of Darkness

Favorite Article

http://dreager1.wordpress.com/2011/09/02/bass/
DReager1
Misery Machine

Re: An Idea for the Mainland

Postby Alpha or Omega » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:51 pm

DReager1 wrote:Well this idea would take a lot of work, so instead of the Admin doing it by himself I thought the Mods could do it. Or (If it's canon. I'm not sure if you guys support it or if it's fan amde but) The Factpile wiki could do it. Factpile could have a rankings system. Like this,

29th Megaman X 11-2 .846

30th Yusuke 21-4 .840

31st Slur 10-2 .833
31st Red 5-1 .833

/
Ranking is a really bad idea. There are at least over 9000 universes with at least 200 characters in each of them. Not to mention, how are we going to rank omnipotents?
/
DReager1 wrote:The Records could be based on votes for matches. So ones without FP awards, but with a solid vote that has at least 15 votes, like say Dante vs Kratos. Since Dante is winning the vote count he'd get a win and Kratos would get a loss. So it'd look like this,

Dante 1-0
Kratos 0-1

And so on. It would just be a lot of work to look through each match and take a vote. So maybe we could install a voting system, like a poll. Anyway just ideas I wanted to throw up there.

/
Aside from the ranking idea, the voting idea is actually a good idea. However, it must be there after facts and evidence are shown/posted, and the voting system must be for the winning/superior opponent/side.
A lesson is learnt from victory, a thousand from defeat.
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby DReager1 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:05 pm

Alpha or Omega wrote:
DReager1 wrote:Well this idea would take a lot of work, so instead of the Admin doing it by himself I thought the Mods could do it. Or (If it's canon. I'm not sure if you guys support it or if it's fan amde but) The Factpile wiki could do it. Factpile could have a rankings system. Like this,

29th Megaman X 11-2 .846

30th Yusuke 21-4 .840

31st Slur 10-2 .833
31st Red 5-1 .833

/
Ranking is a really bad idea. There are at least over 9000 universes with at least 200 characters in each of them. Not to mention, how are we going to rank omnipotents?

Well not based on strength, and universe matches wouldn't count. It's just on win% Like Arthur could be ahead of Superman, because he happened to win more matches, not because he's stronger.

/
DReager1 wrote:The Records could be based on votes for matches. So ones without FP awards, but with a solid vote that has at least 15 votes, like say Dante vs Kratos. Since Dante is winning the vote count he'd get a win and Kratos would get a loss. So it'd look like this,

Dante 1-0
Kratos 0-1

/
Aside from the ranking idea, the voting idea is actually a good idea. However, it must be there after facts and evidence are shown/posted, and the voting system must be for the winning/superior opponent/side.

What do you mean? If you have to vote for the winning team doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Favorite Article

DReager1
Misery Machine

Postby Alpha or Omega » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:58 pm

DReager1 wrote:
What do you mean? If you have to vote for the winning team doesn't that defeat the purpose?

/
On a regular voting poll like popularity, yes it defeats the purpose. But, on Factpile, you vote for the guy or team who has better abilities (Speed, strength, reaction times, etc) in a match. Doesn't matter if you like that one guy over another. In a death battle, it's a death battle, not voting poll to see who's better than another.
A lesson is learnt from victory, a thousand from defeat.
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby Commander Cross » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:17 am

Alpha or Omega wrote:
DReager1 wrote:

/
On a regular voting poll like popularity, yes it defeats the purpose. But, on Factpile, you vote for the guy or team who has better abilities (Speed, strength, reaction times, etc) in a match. Doesn't matter if you like that one guy over another. In a death battle, it's a death battle, not voting poll to see who's better than another.

Don't forget better field-testing, Stars know how imperitive F.Ts actually are yet they tend to get ignored until the last minute!
http://dragcave.net/image/n765.gif

Please help save the dragon egg.

Reminds me of factpile in general!
Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me

Postby Hitman H94 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:35 am

Don't agree with your first suggestion for teh reason AOO said but teh second is something I have thought about before but people will just vote for their favourites. I guess if you put the poll at the bottom some would read what has been said or maybe after a certain number of comments have been made then the poll section will be open.

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby DReager1 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:23 pm

Hitman H94 wrote:Don't agree with your first suggestion for teh reason AOO said but teh second is something I have thought about before but people will just vote for their favourites. I guess if you put the poll at the bottom some would read what has been said or maybe after a certain number of comments have been made then the poll section will be open.

Yeah, that makes sense. Well maybe one day we can find a way to make a poll section work. Til then :D

Favorite Article

DReager1
Misery Machine

Return to Feedback & Suggestions