FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

I propose a new rule for the mainland.

Tell us what you think - good, bad, and ugly! - and tell us how you think it could be better.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: I propose a new rule for the mainland.

Postby Mister Teal » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:08 pm

Cross suggests matches but that's about it, some fights he does participate in mainly consist of him saying "wait for Blood Dancer or Guardianangel" alongside his offtopic fights or just telling everyone to wait while he looks things up, which holds off a match for days sometimes without results.

On the rare occasion he does pull a quote or a wiki it either has nothing to do with the fight, has already been covered in previous posts, or just violates the rules (non canon, outside help).

He's probably the largest space filler on FP.

I'm not throwing stones mind you, because I also rarely contribute. So I'm in the same boat, except I make comments about mentally handicapped children and vaginas.
Image
User avatar
Mister Teal
Psychotron
 
Posts: 9562
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:29 am

Re: I propose a new rule for the mainland.

Postby Commander Cross » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:17 pm

krazycrismore wrote:
Commander Cross wrote:Do you recall me doing anything that would be noteworthy in all the positive ways that should and must matter, in particular, Krazy?

I have already started celebrating today, so this post may seem a bit aggressive. You are very enthusiastic about possible fights, but I haven't seen you post any meaningful evidence to support a certain side on the mainland. This may because some of the things you are interested in, I am not interested in. But most of what I see posted by you is off topic. To me it seems that you are very enthusiastic, but not very focused. You seem like a genuinely good person, but I skim over what you say, because it is normally not contributing to the current match much.



I feel like an unfocused WoT Channeler about to go half-senile, then. T_T'
http://dragcave.net/image/n765.gif

Please help save the dragon egg.

Image
Reminds me of factpile in general!
User avatar
Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me
 
Posts: 14286
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:46 am

Re: I propose a new rule for the mainland.

Postby Megaraptor18 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:53 am

The star system should not come back. It became somewhat of a pissing contest and encouraged meaningless posts in order to get more stars. Also, at the time Kenny had 2+ full rows of stars at only 4k comments. CC is at 10k his posts would have multiple lines of stars attached to it. This would just fill pages with useless content. I do agree with adding some sort of symbol to stand for a person's status in the community, but one for post count would not work well. Perhaps something like a bronze, silver, gold, or platinum star depending on how well you debate and what you add to discussion. Also, there could be unique symbols for users that have done something extremely noteworthy. This would better do what the stars system was meant to do.


Oh the good old days. Oh well its better that is gone less problems and less pointless commenting.
It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!

Image
User avatar
Megaraptor18
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7193
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:29 pm
Location: The Battlefields of Factpile

Re: I propose a new rule for the mainland.

Postby fallstar thief » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:07 pm

instead of stars why not use a title system like the topia?
"The heralds of our extinction, The destroyers of the earth, The greatest threat to Humanity, Behold an Angel" - Kaworu Nagisa, Neon Genisis evangelion: Campus Apocalypse
Image
User avatar
fallstar thief
Ready For Action
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:27 pm
Location: The Throne Of Heroes

Re: I propose a new rule for the mainland.

Postby Commander Cross » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:21 pm

fallstar thief wrote:instead of stars why not use a title system like the topia?


Excellent point Squire brought up!
http://dragcave.net/image/n765.gif

Please help save the dragon egg.

Image
Reminds me of factpile in general!
User avatar
Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me
 
Posts: 14286
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:46 am

Re: I propose a new rule for the mainland.

Postby Matapiojo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:45 am

Negative Zero wrote:Ever notice how some matches get posted that are suggested by some random unheard of poster that NEVER shows up to discuss match conditions after it gets posted? That shit is so annoying.

That's why I propose that once you join FP, you won't be eligable to suggest matches until you have a least 50 or 100 comments made. It's certainly something to consider eh?


Its a fair concern, and one that I would actually support. That being said, this is entirely up to admin to enforce or not. More than a rule, its really his prerogative. I am in the opinion that there are enough suggestions from seasoned pilers already in queue for requests from less-than-new-fish to get any attention, but it really is what it is. Admin must have his reasons to approve such requests.

I can, however, talk to him to see if he wants moderators to take a closer look at debates like that. In fact, I can tell you right now that if you come across such a debate where the scenario has been stale since day 1 and neglected by the one who requested it, you can PM me about it here, and I'll go give it a look to see if I can make a ruling on it and edit it accordingly.

[edit] Also, remember that there is an entire section for this kind of talk. Lets start posting them there instead of Smack Talk.
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Image
User avatar
Matapiojo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5539
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:35 pm
Location: Uberville

Re: I propose a new rule for the mainland.

Postby Negative Zero » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:55 pm

fallstar thief wrote:instead of stars why not use a title system like the topia?

Why?
User avatar
Negative Zero
Captain Obvious
 
Posts: 3311
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:35 pm

Previous

Return to Feedback & Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest