FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Dark Tower

The Sword of Truth, Wheel of Time and others similar to these are discussed here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: Dark Tower

Postby ka-tet19 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:49 pm

Ford Prefect wrote:
ka-tet19 wrote:does anyone know the high speech alphabet? i wanna learn to write my name in high speech.

Could not find it.

me either >.< have the concordance book but forgot it at home maybe it'll be in there somewhere or something
whatever becomes has already happened before the after thought began at all
ka-tet19
Ready For Action

Postby ka-tet19 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:45 am

my roland match got posted :D i'm so happy lol
ka-tet19
Ready For Action

Postby Ford Prefect » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:14 pm

ka-tet19 wrote:my roland match got posted :D i'm so happy lol

Roland wins :P
Fearless wretch! Insanity! He watches, lurking beneath the sea
Ford Prefect
Organ Grinder

Location: A mostly harmless insignificant little blue planet.

Postby ka-tet19 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:17 pm

lol probably but the debate hasn't really picked up yet
ka-tet19
Ready For Action

Postby ka-tet19 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:45 am

just realized when you add the number of women and children killed in tull it adds up to 19
ka-tet19
Ready For Action

Postby ka-tet19 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:44 am

"BECAUSE I WANT TO," Blaine said. "THAT'S THE ONLY REASON I HAVE AND THE ONLY ONE I NEED TO HAVE. NOW LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS. I WANT SOME RIDDLES AND I WANT THEM IMMEDIATELY. IF YOU REFUSE, I WON'T WAIT UNTIL WE GET TO TOPEKA - I'LL DO US ALL RIGHT HERE AND NOW."

Eddie, Susannah, and Jake looked around at Roland, who still sat in his chair with his hands folded in his lap, looking at the route-map at the front of the coach.

"Fuck you," Roland said. He did not raise his voice. He might have told Blaine that a little Way-Gog would indeed be very nice.
ka-tet19
Ready For Action

Postby ka-tet19 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:14 pm

had a thought. dark tower is made by marvel comics. the wolves of calla look like dr.doom therefore many of the universes connected to the tower are the marvel comic book universes. roland saved the dark tower and all universes attached to it therefore by extension
Spoiler
roland saved spider-mans little nerdy ass
ka-tet19
Ready For Action

Postby Ford Prefect » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:46 pm

ka-tet19 wrote:had a thought. dark tower is made by marvel comics. the wolves of calla look like dr.doom therefore many of the universes connected to the tower are the marvel comic book universes. roland saved the dark tower and all universes attached to it therefore by extension
Spoiler
roland saved spider-mans little nerdy ass

No sh :!: t! With some marvel meddling...perhaps we'll get our movie yet!
Fearless wretch! Insanity! He watches, lurking beneath the sea
Ford Prefect
Organ Grinder

Location: A mostly harmless insignificant little blue planet.

Postby Matapiojo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:56 am

It would be interesting to see Marvel Studios partnering to do non-proprietary material, and DT would be the perfect solution. That being said, I don't see marvel expanding from their "safe" franchises in the next few years.
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Malenfant » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:45 pm

Ah, I remember the Dark Tower series. Pretty interesting, had some great characterization and atmosphere at the start, gripping story, etc. Unfortunately IMO that was the high point, with things going downhill from there: boring and grating characters (the Crimson King was supposed to be an eldritch abomination rivaling things like Nyarlathotep in sheer horror, but he ended up as one of the least intimidating, least effectual villains in King's whole corpus) and continually obnoxious narration (not to mention way to much -copying- from Lovecraft's ideas) making me nearly discontinue my reading. The last book's shtick of meta-textual narration of going to "real life" and contacting "author Stephen King" was awful and hands down the worst he's written.

He decided it would be a good idea to introduce a main character from Salem's Lot, a lot of stuff from various bits and pieces, present authors as a character... interesting ambition, although it largely falls flat. Beyond that over the past fifteen years or so King has increasingly sought to tie in all his books on the margins and make it clear they take place in a common setting. Generally I find this utterly silly and pointless. It's nigh-self parodying in 11/22/63, which is overhwhelmingly focused on a straightforward time travel scenario, one supernatural hook to get there and other conventional....except for the point where the protagonist hangs out in Derry for a while and meets some people from It. He could've removed this plot element with zero impact on the plot or the characters!
Malenfant
Plebe

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy