FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Dark Tower

The Sword of Truth, Wheel of Time and others similar to these are discussed here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: Dark Tower

Postby ka-tet19 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:25 pm

FUCK! this is all gonna be about money......but my over powering fanboyism will make me buy the game :(
whatever becomes has already happened before the after thought began at all
Image
User avatar
ka-tet19
Ready For Action
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: Dark Tower

Postby Ford Prefect » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:02 pm

ka-tet19 wrote:FUCK! this is all gonna be about money......but my over powering fanboyism will make me buy the game :(

Dark Tower just doesn't seem like it'd translate well. Sure there're action scenes, but that's not what it's really about.
Image
Fearless wretch! Insanity! He watches, lurking beneath the sea
User avatar
Ford Prefect
Organ Grinder
 
Posts: 2287
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:08 pm
Location: A mostly harmless insignificant little blue planet.

Re: Dark Tower

Postby ka-tet19 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:04 pm

exactly. unless they made like a RPG set before the fall of Gilead
whatever becomes has already happened before the after thought began at all
Image
User avatar
ka-tet19
Ready For Action
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: Dark Tower

Postby Ford Prefect » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:27 pm

ka-tet19 wrote:exactly. unless they made like a RPG set before the fall of Gilead

About Alain Cuthbert and Roland in training?
Image
Fearless wretch! Insanity! He watches, lurking beneath the sea
User avatar
Ford Prefect
Organ Grinder
 
Posts: 2287
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:08 pm
Location: A mostly harmless insignificant little blue planet.

Re: Dark Tower

Postby ka-tet19 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:50 pm

yes! now thats an idea for a game i'd play the hell outta that. btw did you ever read wind through the keyhole?
whatever becomes has already happened before the after thought began at all
Image
User avatar
ka-tet19
Ready For Action
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: Dark Tower

Postby Ford Prefect » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:41 pm

ka-tet19 wrote:yes! now thats an idea for a game i'd play the hell outta that. btw did you ever read wind through the keyhole?

Nope, was going to get it, but I got caught up in Hitchhiker's Guide and Discworld (which if you haven't read, you should! :D )
Image
Fearless wretch! Insanity! He watches, lurking beneath the sea
User avatar
Ford Prefect
Organ Grinder
 
Posts: 2287
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:08 pm
Location: A mostly harmless insignificant little blue planet.

Re: Dark Tower

Postby Ford Prefect » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:42 am

Also this:
Spoiler
Image
Image
Fearless wretch! Insanity! He watches, lurking beneath the sea
User avatar
Ford Prefect
Organ Grinder
 
Posts: 2287
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:08 pm
Location: A mostly harmless insignificant little blue planet.

Re: Dark Tower

Postby ka-tet19 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:57 am

cover for gunslinger born! and i haven't maybe i'l pick that up next
whatever becomes has already happened before the after thought began at all
Image
User avatar
ka-tet19
Ready For Action
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: Dark Tower

Postby Matapiojo » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:07 am

I need to get Through the Keyhole...

Anywhoo,

I'm a big Dark Tower fan. About the movie(s), last I had heard, they were doing 3 films set with the ka-tet of 19 & 99, and 3 tv seasons in between set around Roland's first ka-tet (as in Wizard and Glass + comics) to tie into the films. I haven't read up on any updates to that in quite some time thoug. So I don't know if that plan still stands.

I was thrilled that they were talking about Javier Bardem being casted for Roland, but am uber dubious about Russel Crowe being the one on lead now. We'll see how it goes.

You have no idea how glad I am that new members are turning out to be Dark Tower fans. I've been feeling fairly lonely here for years.
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Image
User avatar
Matapiojo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5539
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:35 pm
Location: Uberville

Re: Dark Tower

Postby Ford Prefect » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:13 am

Matapiojo wrote:I need to get Through the Keyhole...

Anywhoo,

I'm a big Dark Tower fan. About the movie(s), last I had heard, they were doing 3 films set with the ka-tet of 19 & 99, and 3 tv seasons in between set around Roland's first ka-tet (as in Wizard and Glass + comics) to tie into the films. I haven't read up on any updates to that in quite some time thoug. So I don't know if that plan still stands.

I was thrilled that they were talking about Javier Bardem being casted for Roland, but am uber dubious about Russel Crowe being the one on lead now. We'll see how it goes.

You have no idea how glad I am that new members are turning out to be Dark Tower fans. I've been feeling fairly lonely here for years.

You're not alone Mata. Really Russel Crowe? /facepalm
Image
Fearless wretch! Insanity! He watches, lurking beneath the sea
User avatar
Ford Prefect
Organ Grinder
 
Posts: 2287
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:08 pm
Location: A mostly harmless insignificant little blue planet.

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest