FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Halo: Initiation

Discuss your favorites here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Halo: Initiation

Postby tau43 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:09 pm

Before she was a supersoldier defending humanity as part of the Spartan-IV program, Sarah Palmer was an ODST—Orbital Drop Shock Trooper—carrying out the most dangerous missions behind enemy lines! See how she became the first Spartan-IV commander in this must-read series for fans of Halo 4 and the Halo franchise! Look for Halo: Initiation #1 on sale in comic shops everywhere on August 14!

CHICAGO, IL, APRIL 26–Dark Horse continues in the tradition of bringing only the biggest and best characters and story lines to comics with the announcement of the Halo: Initiation miniseries, launching in August! This exciting new miniseries will be written by Halo 4 writer and comics veteran Brian Reed, with art by Marco Castiello (Secret Invasion: Front Line, Star Wars: Purge)!

So Dark Horse has their hands on Halo now as well as Star Wars. Any hype?
Image
User avatar
tau43
Zombie Eater
 
Posts: 4890
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:14 am
Location: No Man's Land, South Carolina

Re: Halo: Initiation

Postby Alpha or Omega » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:34 pm

Hmm?
What happened? I thought Marvel did the comics?
/
Star Halo VII:The Combat Strikes Evolved
Image
"Darn-sung, dang-busted, horse-thievin', alien control panel which can't nobody work proper!" - Vigilante
User avatar
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater
 
Posts: 4613
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:33 am
Location: On the Move

Re: Halo: Initiation

Postby tau43 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:54 pm

Alpha or Omega wrote:Hmm?
What happened? I thought Marvel did the comics?
/
Star Halo VII:The Combat Strikes Evolved

I think I saw the one you are talking about, and God did that art suck. I think the way they did it is Marvel has Bungie Halo, Dark Horse has 343 Halo.
User avatar
tau43
Zombie Eater
 
Posts: 4890
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:14 am
Location: No Man's Land, South Carolina

Re: Halo: Initiation

Postby Alpha or Omega » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:38 am

Oh, I see.
Is there any other preview other than that art up there?
Image
"Darn-sung, dang-busted, horse-thievin', alien control panel which can't nobody work proper!" - Vigilante
User avatar
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater
 
Posts: 4613
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:33 am
Location: On the Move

Re: Halo: Initiation

Postby Hitman H94 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:15 am

I thought they would have stuck with Marvel but oh well.

I was initially surprised with the fact they went with Palmer but when talking about it with someone it made sense, they now have an opportunity to turn a hated character into a great one, they best not mess this up.

Also I would love to see how they introduced the S-IV and got rid of the ODST.
Image

Image
User avatar
Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog
 
Posts: 17775
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:34 pm
Location: Fighting In World War III

Re: Halo: Initiation

Postby ZomBninjasamurai » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:27 am

I thought Spartan IVs were trained from childhood and shit?
You should come inside the box...
If Harley Quinn is your favorite character, you're not a comic book fan, you're a Batman: The Animated Series fan.
Image
User avatar
ZomBninjasamurai
Utopia Warlord
 
Posts: 5279
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 7:49 pm
Location: Shadow Moses Island, with a horse.

Re: Halo: Initiation

Postby Hitman H94 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:32 am

ZomBninjasamurai wrote:I thought Spartan IVs were trained from childhood and shit?

No, I am pretty sure that they were previously ODSTs.
Image

Image
User avatar
Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog
 
Posts: 17775
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:34 pm
Location: Fighting In World War III

Re: Halo: Initiation

Postby tau43 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:55 am

Alpha or Omega wrote:Oh, I see.
Is there any other preview other than that art up there?

Not that I saw.
User avatar
tau43
Zombie Eater
 
Posts: 4890
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:14 am
Location: No Man's Land, South Carolina

Re: Halo: Initiation

Postby tau43 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:55 am

Hitman H94 wrote:I thought they would have stuck with Marvel but oh well.

I was initially surprised with the fact they went with Palmer but when talking about it with someone it made sense, they now have an opportunity to turn a hated character into a great one, they best not mess this up.

Also I would love to see how they introduced the S-IV and got rid of the ODST.

I thought they still had the ODST?
User avatar
tau43
Zombie Eater
 
Posts: 4890
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:14 am
Location: No Man's Land, South Carolina

Re: Halo: Initiation

Postby Hitman H94 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:17 pm

tau43 wrote:
Hitman H94 wrote:I thought they would have stuck with Marvel but oh well.

I was initially surprised with the fact they went with Palmer but when talking about it with someone it made sense, they now have an opportunity to turn a hated character into a great one, they best not mess this up.

Also I would love to see how they introduced the S-IV and got rid of the ODST.

I thought they still had the ODST?

It would be pointless now that they have S-IVs.

Also saw none during halo 4.
Image

Image
User avatar
Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog
 
Posts: 17775
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:34 pm
Location: Fighting In World War III

Next

Return to Books and Comics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron