FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

One Piece

Discuss your favorites here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: One Piece

Postby speed of darkness » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:13 am

krazycrismore wrote:The last two chapters of One Piece seem to have really slowed down the pace. There isn't too much different between the two. I hope this doesn't continue. Also, I may just be spacing a bit, but where are Sanji(Nami) and Usopp?
Yeah ODA does drag his story however he likes to cover as much detail and story points as possible,i'm sure this arc is gonna take a whole new direction as soon as doflamingo enters the island or when the straw hats encounter him.
Image If you want a signature,message me via PM,or leave a message in my workshop.
speed of darkness
Freak On A Leash

Postby krazycrismore » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:20 am

Not trying to be a dick, but..
Spoiler
Spoiler tags are your friend

Most places look heavily down upon not using spoiler tags. It is one thing to read a spoiler knowing it is a spoiler, but another to see one just out in the open. In my post there was only one spoilerish thing, but it didn't even reveal anything about the plot of the arc, since until the current arc we didn't know he could do this.
"One miracle, my lord. Delivered as requested. That should hold them back for a few hours. Long enough?"
-Androl Genhald
krazycrismore
J's Sammich Wench

Postby speed of darkness » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:45 pm

Yes forgot about that.
Image If you want a signature,message me via PM,or leave a message in my workshop.
speed of darkness
Freak On A Leash

Postby krazycrismore » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:57 pm

Yea, I was a bit surprised about you just flat out announcing
Spoiler
Byakuya's death

In signature and the in the Bleach thread. Although the Doflamingo isn't a big deal, the other is. Although with how anticlimatic it was, one would not expect such a major event to have happened. Like in One Piece when Ace and Whitebeard died, those were major events for OPverse, and the manga itself, and were treated as such. How ever it feels that in the latest chapter of Bleach, it was like 'whatever on to bigger and better things'.
"One miracle, my lord. Delivered as requested. That should hold them back for a few hours. Long enough?"
-Androl Genhald
krazycrismore
J's Sammich Wench

Postby speed of darkness » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:08 pm

krazycrismore wrote:Yea, I was a bit surprised about you just flat out announcing
Spoiler
Byakuya's death

In signature and the in the Bleach thread. Although the Doflamingo isn't a big deal, the other is. Although with how anticlimatic it was, one would not expect such a major event to have happened. Like in One Piece when Ace and Whitebeard died, those were major events for OPverse, and the manga itself, and were treated as such. How ever it feels that in the latest chapter of Bleach, it was like 'whatever on to bigger and better things'.
It isn't considered a spoiler anymore because the anime was cancelled,or atleast thats what i've heard.
speed of darkness
Freak On A Leash

Postby krazycrismore » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:21 pm

I have a feeling that Nami is going to be pissed at Sanji. Also, my first thoughts of Trafalgar law were correct. it also seems as thought oda is going to have the 9 other Supernovas be prevalent in the second half of the manga. the only ones that weren't in this chapter are drake x, urouge, capone bege, and bellamy(but she is presumed to be arrested).
-Androl Genhald
krazycrismore
J's Sammich Wench

Postby krazycrismore » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 pm

What is your favorite Arc/Saga?

My favorite is the Water 7 Saga, which begins when they arrive at Water 7 all the way until they leave on the Thousand Sunny. Three of the most emotional parts of One Piece are in this Saga.
Spoiler
Luffy and Ussop's fight, When Robin says "I want to live. Take me out to sea with you", and the burning of the Going Merry
-Androl Genhald
krazycrismore
J's Sammich Wench

Postby krazycrismore » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:53 pm

IMO the CP9 arc and the Arlong Park arc both showed the start of 2 important things. The Arlong Park is where the theme of Nakama became very important, and IMO when One Piece really started kicking ass as a series. The CP9 arc is when they became a full fledged pirate crew. Everyone finally had a bounty, they got a real shipwright, the dark history of the WG became unveiled, they finally started fighting the government for real, and they got a ship meant to travel to last till the end of the series. There are other little things too like what Zoro said here, that they weren't kids just playing pirates anymore. I feel that CP9 is where the series became truly serious. Also Luffy vs. Lucci seems to be the closest fight that Luffy has been in.
-Androl Genhald
krazycrismore
J's Sammich Wench

Postby Commander Cross » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:04 am

krazycrismore wrote:IMO the CP9 arc and the Arlong Park arc both showed the start of 2 important things. The Arlong Park is where the theme of Nakama became very important, and IMO when One Piece really started kicking ass as a series. The CP9 arc is when they became a full fledged pirate crew. Everyone finally had a bounty, they got a real shipwright, the dark history of the WG became unveiled, they finally started fighting the government for real, and they got a ship meant to travel to last till the end of the series. There are other little things too like what Zoro said here, that they weren't kids just playing pirates anymore. I feel that CP9 is where the series became truly serious. Also Luffy vs. Lucci seems to be the closest fight that Luffy has been in.

CP9 seals the deal that Roronoa is one of the Biggest Badasses One Piece has to offer, by far!!!
Bummer if I ever have to side against him outright, but if its to the death and he dies, he might get a decent funeral, I hope.
http://dragcave.net/image/n765.gif

Please help save the dragon egg.

Reminds me of factpile in general!
Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me

Postby krazycrismore » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:58 pm

This week's chapter was so fucking awesome. I have been looking forward to Vice-Admiral Smoker vs Vice-Admiral Virgo for a while, but Sanji vs Virgo will suffice. It will also show how truly powerful the Strawhats are if Sanji, not one of the two big shots from the Strawhats, is able to defeat a vice-admiral. Also, Luffy begins round two with Ceaser Clown. Honestly, I don't expect Sanji to be able to defeat Virgo. Sanji's body is already quite damaged, and he is fighting a really strong opponent.

Also, CC, while Zoro using Asura for the first time is pretty cool, the end of Thriller Bark is where he shows how much of a badass he is. Although Zoro says all the way back in chapter 84 why he is unable to die. Until he meets and fights Mihawk again, not even death itself can take his life.
-Androl Genhald
krazycrismore
J's Sammich Wench

PreviousNext

Return to Books and Comics