FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

One Piece

Discuss your favorites here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

One Piece

Postby krazycrismore » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:14 pm

Being that One Piece is my favorite manga, I thought I would start up a discussion about it.

Although the story is really good, I think that it is the characters that really make the series amazing. Although the characters may not be super complex or extremely dynamic, the way they interact gives a feeling that their bonds are strong. It is the bonds that the characters share that makes the characters so good. As would be expected of a series where Nakama is a very important theme, the Strawhat pirates seem to be as much a family as real families in OP. The strong bonds that they share make the emotional parts of OP the strongest out of any series I have read or watched. This doesn't extend just to the SH pirates either. Even though we only get a small glimpse at the Whitebeard Pirates, you can see why they view WB as being just as much their father as their biological father is.
"One miracle, my lord. Delivered as requested. That should hold them back for a few hours. Long enough?"
-Androl Genhald
krazycrismore
J's Sammich Wench

Re: One Piece

Postby Blood Dancer » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:01 pm

Actually, if you go to the wiki you'll see the ongoing theme family thingy. Like, Luffy being the third brother, Nami the sister, Franky and Robin the team's dad and mom and so and so. I relate to such strong bonds of friendship hell, i have one biological brother and one biological sister but I also have a brother and a sister that share no blood ties with me whatsoever, I care for all four the same way.
Life is the one ride we cannot afford to lose
Blood Dancer
Ready For Action

Postby Commander Cross » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:15 pm

Being a Closeted Family Freak IRL outside factpile, I can agree with this statement, General.(just that I suck in being straightforward about it, though!)
Without one's family, it would be difficult if not outright impossible to imagine anything at all getting done, right?
http://dragcave.net/image/n765.gif

Please help save the dragon egg.

Reminds me of factpile in general!
Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me

Postby tau43 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:35 pm

I was wondering just how many episodes One Piece had... DAMN! 538, There goes most of my spring break and some of my summer.
tau43
Zombie Eater

Postby speed of darkness » Tue May 01, 2012 8:16 am

Well BB is apparently going devil fruit hunting.
Image If you want a signature,message me via PM,or leave a message in my workshop.
speed of darkness
Freak On A Leash

Postby krazycrismore » Tue May 01, 2012 10:00 am

speed of darkness wrote:Well BB is apparently going devil fruit hunting.

That is old news for the manga, and spoilers for the anime. I am curious as to what the remnants of the WB pirates are doing.
"One miracle, my lord. Delivered as requested. That should hold them back for a few hours. Long enough?"
-Androl Genhald
krazycrismore
J's Sammich Wench

Postby speed of darkness » Tue May 01, 2012 6:52 pm

krazycrismore wrote:

That is old news for the manga, and spoilers for the anime. I am curious as to what the remnants of the WB pirates are doing.
Maybe they'll be back,well i think so it would be cool for BB's crew to go against the remaining Wb pirates,and I hopw he takes jozu's devil fruit to make up for his low endurance.
Image If you want a signature,message me via PM,or leave a message in my workshop.
speed of darkness
Freak On A Leash

Postby tau43 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:13 am

krazycrismore wrote:

Wait doesn't already have a devil fruit power? Because I thought eating more than one would result in, the "devils" inside the fruit to fight and tear the eater a part.
tau43
Zombie Eater

Postby Mister Teal » Wed May 02, 2012 10:36 am

BB can absorb DF powers

Spoiler
he took Whitebeard's after he died
Mister Teal
Psychotron

Postby tau43 » Wed May 02, 2012 6:02 pm

Mister Teal wrote:BB can absorb DF powers

Spoiler
he took Whitebeard's after he died

I knew he could neutralize them, but absorb them too?
tau43
Zombie Eater

Next

Return to Books and Comics