CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Irredeemable

Discuss your favorites here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Irredeemable

Postby Asger » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:41 pm

Holy hell, I love Mark Waid.

Irredeemable is Waid's third story about the 'ethics of superheroics'. Kingdom Come was about the price of superheroics, Empire showed what the ultimate failure of superheroism would be, and Irredeemable follows the fall of the greatest hero to the most despicable villain.

The main plot is about the Plutonian (An Eratz-Superman), the greatest hero on Earth, going on a destructive rampage and holding the whole world to ransom. His former teamates, the Paradigm, are trying to find any way to stop his insane rampage, while the government is trying to kill off all superheroes, as they're now deemed untrustworthy.

The series is still in progress, so I reccommend picking it up if you can. The characters are intresting and complex, the narrative is well paced and put together,it has some pretty damn funny criticisms on the comic industry (Mainly coming from a certain African-American superhero with electric superpowers), and quite a few intresting twists in the story. Seriously, buy a few issues if you get a chance.
loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
Asger
Organ Grinder

Re: Irredeemable

Postby Skull Kid » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:05 pm

I might pick this up.
Jedi Name: Marsa Vakno
Hitman H94 wrote:DP!

That is all I need.
Skull Kid
Scholarly Winner

Postby ZomBninjasamurai » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:59 pm

We have a thread for this O_O awesome!
You should come inside the box...
If Harley Quinn is your favorite character, you're not a comic book fan, you're a Batman: The Animated Series fan.
ZomBninjasamurai
Utopia Warlord

Postby Asger » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:50 pm

Yup.

From the looks of things, the series is coming to a close.
loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
Asger
Organ Grinder

Return to Books and Comics