FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Favorite Shakespeare Work

Discuss your favorites here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Favorite Shakespeare Work

Postby Cpt Olimar » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:53 pm

My favorite work by his would be Othello. Shakespeare creates one of the deserving characters to be considered a "villain".
Screw guns, futuristic axes, magic and starships, all you need to be a real villain are clever words.
And a few gullible friends :)
Besides praising Iago, the entire play has a great cast, they all play their role perfectly.

I like most of his works that I have read, but this one wins it for me.
Sanctity Falls primary character - Felix
/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=70&start=0
"Without books, I might perhaps have been tougher; but an educated mind is neither insensitive nor callous"
-Cicero
Cpt Olimar
Utopia Overlord

Re: Favorite Shakespeare Work

Postby Shy Guy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:39 pm

Cpt Olimar wrote:My favorite work by his would be Othello. Shakespeare creates one of the deserving characters to be considered a "villain".
Screw guns, futuristic axes, magic and starships, all you need to be a real villain are clever words.
And a few gullible friends :)
Besides praising Iago, the entire play has a great cast, they all play their role perfectly.

I like most of his works that I have read, but this one wins it for me.

...I have to agree with you :)...

...Iago ftw...

~Shy Guy
Freewill is determined by the options you had, not by the decision you made.

There are 7 openings for my Mafia Game. This is a shameless Plug. Join it now, it's fun!.
Shy Guy
Labled Incurable

Postby Jwlynas » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:54 pm

Twelfth Night all the way. There is no Shakespearean play quite so satisfying to play well as that masterpiece... And I'd done a fair few in my time. Romeo and Juliet, Midsummers Night Dream, Twelfth Night, Merchant of Venice, Macbeth... Twelfth Night was the most fun. "Some are Born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness THRUST *insert suggestive hip movements here* upon them"
Jwlynas
Zombie Eater

Postby David » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:07 am

Much ado about nothing.

Nuff said.
Brilliant in everyway possible. I played Benedict in our high school Play/musical/ whatever people call it. With my girlfriend as Hero, I cautioned my mate ( who was playing Claudio) to be VERY careful in his acting. After party was Bloody good though. Good times, good times.

My Dear lady Distain, Are you yet living?
Whoever had a problem with loving someone, never told me........
David
Aircraftsman in Mourning

Postby theobserver » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:05 pm

I don't have much knowledge of his other works other than the ones covered in High School, so my list is limited to Romeo and Juliet, Twelfth Night, Macbeth and Hamlet. This doesn't include his many sonnets of course but in terms of plays, the one I enjoyed the most was Macbeth. There's just something about that play, perhaps its that scene where Macbeth realizes that his life has essentially been destroyed by his "vaulting ambition" that just struck me the most. Twelfth Night is a close second for its humor (oh Feste, you definitely are my favorite).
theobserver
Harvester of Sorrow

Postby Shy Guy » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:03 am

theobserver wrote:I don't have much knowledge of his other works other than the ones covered in High School, so my list is limited to Romeo and Juliet, Twelfth Night, Macbeth and Hamlet. This doesn't include his many sonnets of course but in terms of plays, the one I enjoyed the most was Macbeth. There's just something about that play, perhaps its that scene where Macbeth realizes that his life has essentially been destroyed by his "vaulting ambition" that just struck me the most. Twelfth Night is a close second for its humor (oh Feste, you definitely are my favorite).

That's the "If it were done, when 'tis done..." monologue, right? That's a great piece.

~Shy Guy
Freewill is determined by the options you had, not by the decision you made.

There are 7 openings for my Mafia Game. This is a shameless Plug. Join it now, it's fun!.
Shy Guy
Labled Incurable

Postby Hitman H94 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:05 pm

I have only read Richard III I think it was called, for my english GCSE, I didn't enjoy it all, but the one where he is in Doctor Who is awesome defo his best work

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby Asger » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:51 pm

Macbeth.

I love the supernatural vibe, the uncertainty, the betrayal, the mass ammounts of murder and mayhem. And compared to Hamlet, Macbeth actually does in one act what it took an entire play for Hamlet to do.
loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
Asger
Organ Grinder

Postby Captain Epic » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:53 pm

I love Return of the Jedi.... wait what? No, my favorite Work of Shakespeare is by far King Lear.
Captain Epic
Honorary Avenger

Postby Commander Cross » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:08 pm

I thought Hamlet was epic in terms of story-lines(sure, Macbeth may be better, but i recalled that there's something about Hamlet that keeps me coming back for more!)

Although how exactly did Hamlet and his father knew of the gods of Olympus(by their roman 'yang' sides, might i add?) if they lived in Scandinavia?
http://dragcave.net/image/n765.gif

Please help save the dragon egg.

Reminds me of factpile in general!
Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me

Next

Return to Books and Comics