FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Most Hated Writer

Discuss your favorites here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Most Hated Writer

Postby Asger » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:50 pm

Be they from comics, literature, television, movies or even video games, we all have writers we hate. So feel free to list your particular hate targets.

1) Frank Miller. Such an overrated asshole, even in his 'prime.' I mean Jesus, Dark Knight Returns is just overhyped crap, and most of his other stuff like All Star Batman is complete garbage. Plus I personally blame him for all the bat-wank that modern DC does, making Batman better than everyone else in the universe. Plus he's an out and out racist and misogynist, so in addition to lacking talent he's just plain unlikable too.

2) Garth Ennis. Just...such a bad writer. He mistakes vulgarity for maturity, and can't write a single book without having like 1 rape per page. He's also about as subtle as the Hindenburg when it comes to his philosophies. The only redeeming thing he has is his like for Superman, which is pretty bizarre given his bibliography...

3) Dan Slott. The guy who thought it was a good idea to put Doc Ock in Spider-Man's body. Also just kind of an ass.
loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
Asger
Organ Grinder

Re: Most Hated Writer

Postby Amm0vamp1r3 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:57 pm

Stephenie Meyer
Amm0vamp1r3
Primarch

Postby Ruliya » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:58 pm

Amm0vamp1r3 wrote:Stephenie Meyer

Add E. L. James to that list.

Most contrived pieces of shit ever >.> barely even books if you ask me...
http://protogonus.deviantart.com/ - My Art, such as it is.

Ruliya
Utopia Overlord

Postby Asger » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Mhm. Although Twilight makes for a fascinating psychological study on just how batshit insane Meyer is.

I have a deep loathing for E.L James, since she managed to get world famous just by publishing fanfiction.
loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
Asger
Organ Grinder

Postby Ruliya » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:17 pm

Asger wrote:Mhm. Although Twilight makes for a fascinating psychological study on just how batshit insane Meyer is.

I have a deep loathing for E.L James, since she managed to get world famous just by publishing fanfiction.

Makes me weep for all new writers when shit like 50 shades not only sells millions... but gets a fucking movie deal >.<
http://protogonus.deviantart.com/ - My Art, such as it is.

Ruliya
Utopia Overlord

Postby krazycrismore » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:37 pm

Don't really hate writers. If I don't like their work, then I don't read it. Although I do find it a bit annoying when people praise utter shit books. I just don't find writers having overzealous fans that talk up their tripe a reason to hate the writer.
"One miracle, my lord. Delivered as requested. That should hold them back for a few hours. Long enough?"
-Androl Genhald
krazycrismore
J's Sammich Wench

Postby Commander Cross » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:56 pm

Ruliya wrote:
Amm0vamp1r3 wrote:Stephenie Meyer

Add E. L. James to that list.

Most contrived pieces of shit ever >.> barely even books if you ask me...

Feel free to add at least Kristen Cast with HoN if you like for most distrusted.
There's probably a thread that expresses the exact opposite of the thread's content, in which case I'll be more than happy to have a large list ready and even elaborate on the hows and whys.
Christoper Paolini and Terry Goodkind I won't mind if anyone else has on their list, just that on the latter we wounded up with a nutcase I pray to the mods I don't wind up like is all.

krazycrismore wrote:Don't really hate writers. If I don't like their work, then I don't read it. Although I do find it a bit annoying when people praise utter shit books. I just don't find writers having overzealous fans that talk up their tripe a reason to hate the writer.

In general, I can understand that.

If I stumble on any exceptions, something is horrifically wrong with the world.
I feel that if last year taught me anything, every group has their fair share of idiots, some more than others.*

1.) (Now that is a matter for another time!)
http://dragcave.net/image/n765.gif

Please help save the dragon egg.

Reminds me of factpile in general!
Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me

Postby Richard_Rider » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:26 pm

Brian Michael Bendis (aka Sentry wanker) or Jeph Loeb (aka Red Hulk wanker).
Richard_Rider
Check My Brain

Postby Commander Cross » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:48 pm

Richard_Rider wrote:Brian Michael Bendis (aka Sentry wanker) or Jeph Loeb (aka Red Hulk wanker).

Dare I ask for Elaboration?
http://dragcave.net/image/n765.gif

Please help save the dragon egg.

Reminds me of factpile in general!
Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me

Postby tau43 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:35 pm

Richard_Rider wrote:Brian Michael Bendis (aka Sentry wanker) or Jeph Loeb (aka Red Hulk wanker).

I thought Thunderbolts was pretty good.
-
1. Dan Slott
2. Lucien Soulban
3. Matt Ward(aka WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD!)
tau43
Zombie Eater

Next

Return to Books and Comics