FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Star Wars is Officially Dead

All sci-fi related movies should start here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: Star Wars is Officially Dead

Postby Drunken Chevalier » Fri May 04, 2012 4:00 pm

My point exactly.
Star Trek lives on.
Star Wars will be no different.

the man speaks truth.
The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown

Pass me my nuclear powered glowing super hat with fold in Quantum Singularity bomb! we hunt ostriches tonight!
Drunken Chevalier
Taste the Pain

Location: In the Dreamlands, partying with cats, beating up Moon Frogs and making soylent green with ghouls

Re: Star Wars is Officially Dead

Postby Cpt Olimar » Fri May 04, 2012 5:21 pm

Dead from an industry standpoint, or from a creative standpoint?

Creatively, Star Wars is way past its golden days. The recent trilogy was a complete disaster, and the plethora of unnecessary and unneeded fan service/pandering has only proven that Lucas is far, far, far more interested in making money than in producing high-quality art. It might not be totally dead, but it's on life-support.

From an industrial standpoint, Star Wars will likely continue to be a ever-present force in the entertainment industry. More books will constantly be written to the die-hard fanbase and new 'updates' to the movies are likely to continue. New video games will be created, etc. So I disagree that Star Wars will become forgotten anytime soon, I just wonder exactly what Star Wars will remain famous for: it's amazing original trilogy, or all the uninspired mediocrity produced afterwards?
Sanctity Falls primary character - Felix
/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=70&start=0
"Without books, I might perhaps have been tougher; but an educated mind is neither insensitive nor callous"
-Cicero
Cpt Olimar
Utopia Overlord

Previous

Return to Sci-Fi