FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Star Wars is Officially Dead

All sci-fi related movies should start here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Star Wars is Officially Dead

Postby Eric Gigliotti » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:00 am

I know this is a little old, but as I just learned of this 5 minutes ago, I'm telling you now:

George Lucas has officially retired. Any hope for a new Star Wars trilogy or the much anticipated live-action tv show is gone. It's an end of an era people.

Mister Teal wrote:
Ruliya wrote:He edited it xD He said 3 originally xD That's hilarious!
No I had originally misspelled 2
Eric Gigliotti
Misery Machine

Re: Star Wars is Officially Dead

Postby Megaraptor18 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:06 am

No it isn't dead there is still CGI tv shows, novels, games and so on. Besides why have another live action movie for Star Wars. The movie series is done has been for awhile. Besides the value of a series is not how many movies it makes. Look at other movie series mind you. Back to the Future. Classic series of movies that is timeless really you can still watch that movie today. It holds up. Indiana Jones series it holds up and is still great (minus the forth while I enjoyed it, it was the weakest of the series.) And with that thought it did Star Wars a favor. The new "Star Wars trilogy" would have been just as bad as the prequels(again I did enjoy them but they don't hold a candle to the original trilogy.) The live-action tv show I dread and feared it would have suffered the same fate as Terminator: Sarah Conner Chronicles. While I loved it I hated how they ended Season 2 (though the ending to season 1 was bad. I mean you think I'm going think the female terminate is dead because some asshole put a bomb in her car. She is a fucking terminator car bombs can't do shit to her) and I was happy to hear to see it end there. (You don't send them into the fucking future! WTF) Though acting wise they did good. But overall this was a blessing the story will continue in other media and the original trilogy of movies will still hold strong. They are the Shakespeare of our generation (or at least our Iliad.) Star Wars is going to be told for centuries. Star Wars isn't like Star Trek they don't need to update the series every decade but the tech is out of date or for money! Star Wars at its core doesn't need to do that. Because while Star Trek has a culture impact its impact is short term. While Star Wars will last longer as a series because it sticks to simple story telling and its a classic hero's journey. Though stories last longer and sticks with a culture longer than what is hip and cool at the time.

Overall because of the cultural impact of the original trilogy it will still stick around and him not continuing the series by making a new trilogy was him saving the series. Now the series will still continue through the novels, video games, and any CGI TV series out there.
It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!

Megaraptor18
Site Admin

Postby Eric Gigliotti » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:02 am

I understand that Star Wars will go on. I'm just saying, George Lucas Star Wars >>>> EU Star Wars (yes even the prequels). I realized as an 8 year old kid that the prequels would not and should not have the same feel as the originals - something more "mature" fans still have not realized. Could they have been better? Yes. Could I have done better? Hell yes! But they don't disappoint me.

As you pointed out, Star Wars is about a young hero just realizing his role in the galaxy. He has huge obstacles in his path, that grew larger as the movies progressed. The prequels on the other hand, were about a boy who became a hero. The difference being, we already knew the boy was doomed to become the scourge of the galaxy. Our excitement for what would happen at the end of Jedi could not be felt in the prequels because we all knew what was going to happen.

Oh, and the acting sucked :D

Mister Teal wrote:
Eric Gigliotti
Misery Machine

Postby Matapiojo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:06 am

Eric Gigliotti wrote:or the much anticipated live-action tv show is gone.

Im sure the live-action show featuring a young boba and other bounty hunter tales thats in the works had little to do with Lucas to begin with. Doubt his departure would be that much more impacting.
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Eric Gigliotti » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:39 am

Matapiojo wrote:
Eric Gigliotti wrote:or the much anticipated live-action tv show is gone.

Im sure the live-action show featuring a young boba and other bounty hunter tales thats in the works had little to do with Lucas to begin with. Doubt his departure would be that much more impacting.

From what I heard, it would be about an Imperial detective routing out rebels at the beginning of the Empire. And that Boba would no be a regular, but would get several episodes. And Lucas was very much involved.

Mister Teal wrote:
Eric Gigliotti
Misery Machine

Postby pimpscastle » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:53 pm

just becouse george lucas retired doesnt mean star wars is dead there are still people like timothy zahn, drew karpshyn and the guy working on the clone wartv show
im the goddamn batman and i will love and tolerate the shit out of you.
http://i.imgur.com/DpRow.gif
pimpscastle
Check My Brain

Postby speed of darkness » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:08 pm

And ? Just because the creator dies doesn't mean the series is gonna die,star wars isn't dying any time soon lol.
Image If you want a signature,message me via PM,or leave a message in my workshop.
speed of darkness
Freak On A Leash

Postby Xeno Dimentio » Thu May 03, 2012 2:57 pm

speed of darkness wrote:And ? Just because the creator dies doesn't mean the series is gonna die,star wars isn't dying any time soon lol.

Just look at Gene Roddenberry....
Xeno Dimentio
Utopia Warlord

Postby Ruliya » Thu May 03, 2012 3:11 pm

Xeno Dimentio wrote:
speed of darkness wrote:And ? Just because the creator dies doesn't mean the series is gonna die,star wars isn't dying any time soon lol.

I can't, he's dead.
http://protogonus.deviantart.com/ - My Art, such as it is.

Ruliya
Utopia Overlord

Postby Xeno Dimentio » Thu May 03, 2012 3:14 pm

Ruliya wrote:
Xeno Dimentio wrote:

I can't, he's dead.
:lol:
My point exactly.
Star Trek lives on.
Star Wars will be no different.
Xeno Dimentio
Utopia Warlord

Next

Return to Sci-Fi