FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Gears Of War

Some of the greatest characters spawn from here…

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Gears Of War

Postby Hitman H94 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:18 pm

New Line has put the Gears of War movie project on hold in order to focus on The Hobbit, forcing Epic Games reps Creative Arts Agency to look elsewhere for producer support.

New Line has been faffing around with the project since 2007, lining up various Hollywood talent including Len Wiseman (Total Recall, Underworld), and Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey (Twilight). Yet nothing has come of it.

Meanwhile, the script has leapt around more than a COG between cover, with treatments from Chris Morgan (Wanted), Billy Ray (State of Play) and Stuart Beattie (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides). It’s apparently Beattie’s script that will be carried forward into negotiations with the new production team.

Seems Epic still want this to happen even with Cliff gone.

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Re: Gears Of War

Postby Jareth » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:56 am

This could be okay...I know I am sounding like a fanboy but a Halo movie for at least take precedence over Gears movie though I think it would be good....if only the could could get the team that made Aliens possible....seriously a great movie to showcase hardened military personnel vs an Alien menace.....
"Why can't you just be happy...I mean like Jesus it's like such a astronomically hard concept for you...It's not that hard okay...Its not like you're building a fucking rocket ship out macaroni or some shit." ~Befudle
Jareth
I Am the Highway

Postby Captain Epic » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:32 pm

See I think a Halo movie would be a better choice, but that's just me.
Captain Epic
Honorary Avenger

Postby Hitman H94 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:50 am

I am on the fence to which I would rather see a both could be pretty great but in the end I think I would rather see a Gears movie as I think it will more likely be done right compard to Halo.

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby ka-tet19 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:44 am

i like gears better but halo might make a better movie just because theirs not as much story to butcher
whatever becomes has already happened before the after thought began at all
ka-tet19
Ready For Action

Return to T.V. and Movies