FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Justice League

Some of the greatest characters spawn from here…

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: Justice League

Postby Hitman H94 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:26 pm

Armie Hammer Reportedly Eyed Again for Batman Role in JLA.

He had been cast as Batman in the Justice League of America movie that George Miller was going to direct before the project went belly up. Since then actor Armie Hammer has gone on to find recognition in films such as The Social Network, J. Edgar, and Mirror Mirror, and now he's reportedly "back on [Warner Bros.'] radar" for the Batman role in their reinvigorated JLA movie.

Moviehole claims that a longtime source told them "the studio has Hammer atop of their list of potentials. It’s really, when you think about it, a no-brainer. ... It’s a win win, really. Hammer apparently wears the suit smartly, has already rehearsed for the gig before, but more so, is a much bigger star than he was three or four years ago."

Hammer's long raved about what his Batman costume looked like (Weta designed it) for JLA and how the 6'5" actor stood nearly 7' tall once he put on the cowl and boots.

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby Hitman H94 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:35 am

When asked directly about Man of Steel's connection to Justice League, Snyder recently told the New York Post (via Screen Rant), "I don't know how Justice League is going to be handled. Honestly, I don't... But Man of Steel exists, and Superman is in it. I don't know how you'd move forward without acknowledging that."

When pressed for more info, the director continued, "Um, how can I answer that?... I can't really say anything to that, because that's a big spoiler. I will say, yeah, they trust me to keep them on course."

Tonight a new rumor has cropped up that seemingly solidifies that talk: Joseph Gordon-Levitt "absolutely will be appearing in Justice League as the new Batman."

This report -- and the exact wording above -- comes from HitFix, a credible site to be sure. According to their sources, in recent weeks speculation about how to tie together Warner Bros.' various DC characters for Justice League has "turned into conversation, and that conversation seems to be solidifying into a plan." The site also claims that Gordon-Levitt very well might end up on screen as Batman before Justice League's 2015 release -- "they appear to be solidifying deals for Gordon-Levitt and, potentially, at least one other actor from the Nolan films to do… something."

What that something could be is unknown at the moment, but logic -- and speculation -- would dictate that Warners is taking a page out of Marvel Studios' handbook and planning some kind of end-credits cameo for Man of Steel. A bat cameo, perhaps? Where's the anti-bat-goose-bump spray when you need it?!

Of course, none of this is confirmed at the moment -- and even if this is the current line of thinking behind closed doors at the studio, anything could change this early in the process -- but still… Think about where we last saw JGL's character in The Dark Knight Rises this past summer. That could even be construed as the first Easter egg for the Justice League, and we didn't even realize it at the time!

Interestingly, during the release of TDKR much was made about how director Christopher Nolan was bringing his take on Batman to a close. But business is business, and ultimately whatever contract Gordon-Levitt signed when he made that film was with Warner Bros. -- not Nolan.

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby Hitman H94 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:45 pm

With the Justice League movie set to hit screens in the summer of 2015, it looks like the superhero team-up flick has found its villain.

If Latino Review is to be believed, the evil force which Superman, Batman, the Green Lantern and Wonder Woman will do battle with is none-other-than Darkseid.

I had a gut feeling it would be Darkseid...

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby Hitman H94 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:28 pm

The superhero scoopsters at Latino Review -- who usually turn out to be right about these things -- say their sources have tipped them off about what comics inspired screenwriter Will Beale's script for the JLA movie. Namely, Justice League of America numbers 183-185.

This three-party tale dates back to 1980 and was written by Gerry Conway and drawn by the one and only George Perez. Here's the DC Wikia synopsis of the storyline:

"On their way to their annual joint meeting, being held this year simultaneously on Earth-1 and Earth-2, several members of the Justice League and Justice Society are abducted via the Transmatter to New Genesis, home of the New Gods (as seen in New Gods, Forever People, and Mr. Miracle). The New Gods seek their aid after the [remaining] populace of New Genesis has been kidnapped and enslaved by the minions of Apokolips, the evil world that is New Genesis's counterpart, and they reveal that Apokolips's new allies are the members of the Earth-2 Injustice Society. The heroes split up into teams, composed of one JLA member, one JSA member, and one 'New God' each, and speed to various locales to undo the Apokolipsians' evil, only to discover that their ultimate plan is the revival of their late leader, Darkseid."

Earth-1 and Earth-2? The Justice Society? The New Gods?! That's some cosmic-level, real old-school stuff -- and not at all the tone you'd expect coming out of the Dark Knight and Man of Steel trend. Of course, it could be that a lot of the more out-there elements will be scaled back in the movie (that almost seems a certainty, in fact), but that the core story will be utilized. And LR had previously reported that Darkseid would be the villain…

In fact, the site gives this plot description of the comics: "The three issue arc involves Darkseid planning the destruction of Earth by blasting it with a ray that’ll move Apokolips into the Earth’s place." I guess that part of the story could be, well, less crazy than going to New Genesis and alternate Earths and all the rest of it. I guess.

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby Cannibal Cookie » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:54 am

So, what are they doing about Green Lantern?
"Once had student that gave a thesis on the history of the American police drama, I graded him down because he didn't mention Miami Vice."
Cannibal Cookie
Ready For Action

Postby Hitman H94 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:48 am

Cannibal Cookie wrote:So, what are they doing about Green Lantern?
Probably a reboot.

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby Ruliya » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:10 am

Cannibal Cookie wrote:So, what are they doing about Green Lantern?

Sweeping him under the carpet, one would think ;P
http://protogonus.deviantart.com/ - My Art, such as it is.

Ruliya
Utopia Overlord

Postby Hitman H94 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:25 pm

The final five members for the team have been decided:
Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern.

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby Hitman H94 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:10 am

Didn't expect this.

Christian Bale may return as Batman, Christopher Nolan will oversee the project, and Man of Steel-helmer Zack Snyder will produce and possibly direct.

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby Megaraptor18 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:32 pm

Hitman H94 wrote:Didn't expect this.

Christian Bale may return as Batman, Christopher Nolan will oversee the project, and Man of Steel-helmer Zack Snyder will produce and possibly direct.

Wow maybe the Justice League movie might have a chance against Marvel's Avengers. Not much though because Marvel did a masterful job on building up the Avengers but with Nolan overseeing the project than the Justice League movie can be in the running and not going to be as weak as I thought it would be.
It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!

Megaraptor18
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to T.V. and Movies