FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Supernatural.

Some of the greatest characters spawn from here…

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: Supernatural.

Postby TheWatcher57 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:42 pm

Anyone have thoughts on S8 so far?
"How dare you question my integrity? I'm much too noble to back stab! If I stab you in the back, I stab you in the back to the face!" -Vergil DMC3 Abridged
TheWatcher57
Labled Incurable

Postby Ruliya » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:46 pm

TheWatcher57 wrote:Anyone have thoughts on S8 so far?

I keep meaning to catch up with this season. I'd forgotten it had even started, til my mom said.
http://protogonus.deviantart.com/ - My Art, such as it is.

Ruliya
Utopia Overlord

Postby TheWatcher57 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:50 pm

Ruliya wrote:
TheWatcher57 wrote:Anyone have thoughts on S8 so far?

I keep meaning to catch up with this season. I'd forgotten it had even started, til my mom said.

First two episodes were good, following two were meh (to me at least) and I missed the last one.

So far, standard SPN style.
"How dare you question my integrity? I'm much too noble to back stab! If I stab you in the back, I stab you in the back to the face!" -Vergil DMC3 Abridged
TheWatcher57
Labled Incurable

Postby Matapiojo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:13 am

Last season's finale was a great cliffhanger for me, but I hate how they simply did not bank on it to give it the propper follow-up on season 8.

Spoiler
Dean's return is explained well enough, but to me, he ought to be considerably more PTSD. People in jail serving a 1-year sentence return to society far worse than Dean does, and he was in a place where every thing trapped with him wanted to rip him to shreds 24-7. I was expecting Dean to be a true mess. Instead, we get a happy-go-lucky hunter with a new "brother". Dean's plot is not necesarily bad. Just unfulfilled.

Sam's plot is just fucking junk. We just saw Dean go through this while Sam was in the cage, and Dean's story then was much more interesting. Really, I don't give a shit about Sam's current drama, let alone all the time they are spending on his crappy flashbacks.
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby TheWatcher57 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:19 am

To be fair, Dean was already in Hell, saw an Apocalyptic scenario where Sam said "Yes" to Lucifer and zombies were the majority, and he's been fighting many of these creatures for years on end. He also had Cas with him for a bit, and the preview of the next episode seems to imply some possibility of PTSD over Cas.

Sam's drama? Yeah, its boring...
TheWatcher57
Labled Incurable

Postby Captain Epic » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:30 am

I love it, just started watching it.
Captain Epic
Honorary Avenger

Postby Matapiojo » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:33 am

Captain Epic wrote:I love it, just started watching it.

Mah brotha!

Glad you jumped aboard this train. Where u at?
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby ZomBninjasamurai » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:42 am

I've watched it since the premiere, but I have to say, the last two seasons... I've found myself more and more willing to see them as re-runs.
You should come inside the box...
If Harley Quinn is your favorite character, you're not a comic book fan, you're a Batman: The Animated Series fan.
ZomBninjasamurai
Utopia Warlord

Postby Matapiojo » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:51 am

I was ok with last season, but this one seems rather bumpy to me. I think the themes in the season itself are fine, but I don't think they are giving last season's finale the right follow-up. Things ought to have had escalated rather than taken such a dramatic step backwards.
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby TheWatcher57 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:37 pm

Matapiojo wrote:I was ok with last season, but this one seems rather bumpy to me. I think the themes in the season itself are fine, but I don't think they are giving last season's finale the right follow-up. Things ought to have had escalated rather than taken such a dramatic step backwards.

I personally think that they are trying to break away from the formula the Gamble saga (S6-7) created as it pretty much chased itself in circles, and then into the wall by practically repeating Dean ending up in another dimension and presumed dead. This season really isn't so bad, its got the same filler as the previous seasons, and same brother drama. Most of the seasons started kinda slow and the last one in particular took awhile to do anything with the main plot. The second, third and sixth seasons had similar problems.

I also miss the humor. This season is just Dean grunting like Christian Bale, Sam being lost and Cas falling back and forth in his sanity.
TheWatcher57
Labled Incurable

PreviousNext

Return to T.V. and Movies