FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

The Edge of Reason

Some of the greatest characters spawn from here…

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The Edge of Reason

Postby Matapiojo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:36 am

Lets start by making clear what this post is not:
    - This post is not making an attempt at stirring up bad blood.
    - This post is not a warning to any particular member.
    - This post is not encouraging any fingers to be pointed at any party.
    - This post is not an open debate.

Now that we have our foundation laid out, lets get on to business.

As you all have no-doubt noticed, I have been unable to log on with any frequency. And though I don't claim this is reason enough for our boards to deteriorate at the pace it has, it certainly is a factor. But what I want to say with that is that I am one example of possibly many others who have had life thrown at them in such a way that they are unable to participate as frequent as they may wish to. So when I, or others like me, do manage to get away from the stress of our daily lives to enjoy the company of like-minded peers in our little topia, we are in fact welcomed by senseless bickering and animosity amongst the active posters.

How is that any form of encouragement? Our interests are fickle enough. We do not need any more reasons to NOT take time from our busy schedules just to play spectators to tasteless epeen contests. I barely have 10-20 minutes to log in each day any more. I rather spend that time enjoying your company. Not breaking fights up or clearing my inbox of complaints against other users on this and other sites.

So this is what's going to happen from this point forward:
    - I reserve every right to blast away anyone I deem deserving from the site. It cannot be stressed how different this is from blocks or bans. I mean deletion. Eradication of what you ever were on this site.
    - I will indeed give issues their due-process, but there will be zero tolerance for tomfoolery. None. Finito. Rub me the wrong way, and you are gone. This goes beyond the well established, and all-too-often ignored Forum Rules. You have ignored them enough for me not to care to stick to the letter when enforcing them.
    - I will not give a moment's thought to any old ghosts you wish to bring forth. Necromancy old issues, and I may refer you to the first point made. This is in the spirit of moving forward, not backwards.
    - Don't like the mood this sets on the boards? That's ok. Move on to greener pastures. There are infinite other places for you to bitch and moan. The topia will no longer be it. Make a stance against unfairness in this, and you'll be blasted away.

I hope we are all now on the same page. For all our sakes.
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Re: The Edge of Reason

Postby TheSorrow » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:18 pm

Refer to Mata's signature for further visual aid.
"You can either fight at my side, or get crushed under my heel. But you will NOT stand in my way."

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Postby Murder_Maker » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:40 pm

Bring it, old man.
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You can not withstand this storm." and the warrior shouts back "I AM THE STORM!".
Murder_Maker
Freak On A Leash

Postby tau43 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:41 pm

Makes sense to me. Be good, be treated good nothing more.
tau43
Zombie Eater

Postby Murder_Maker » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:31 pm

You better stop siding with the 'man', tau! They are taking our freedoms and our guns. I say we burn this bitch down! Lets burn it to the ground!!!
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You can not withstand this storm." and the warrior shouts back "I AM THE STORM!".
Murder_Maker
Freak On A Leash

Postby tau43 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:41 am

Murder_Maker wrote:You better stop siding with the 'man', tau! They are taking our freedoms and our guns. I say we burn this bitch down! Lets burn it to the ground!!!

No comment.
tau43
Zombie Eater

Postby Stealthranger » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:42 am

All hail Mata
Stealthranger
Zombie Eater

Postby ZomBninjasamurai » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:55 am

tl;dr
You should come inside the box...
If Harley Quinn is your favorite character, you're not a comic book fan, you're a Batman: The Animated Series fan.
ZomBninjasamurai
Utopia Warlord

Postby wgwlb » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:36 pm

Hmm.... I disagree, but don't really mind. I mostly only go to match aide, and that's a place that isn't really affected.... That being said, look at the members we wouldn't have if these rules were in effect before.
I like to go 'back in time' on threads and look at what people were talking about weeks/months ago, and there's a lot of prominent members (I won't name names) that would be gone. I understand reinforcing your hold, but in my opinion this may turn out to be a step to far. Once again, it's your decision and I personally don't really mind it, but this could quickly become a site full of bootlickers if this is used as strictly as you're making it seem it will.

Also, this isn't a stand against this, it's more of a view from another side you may want to take into consideration.
*Seinfeld bassline*
wgwlb
FactPiler

Postby Hermit » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:57 am

I like to think that what Mata was trying to say in his third rule is that "no bringing up of old grudges, prejudices, and anything else that might disrupt the peace."

Reviving old threads is always a good way of bringing forth points that were previously not discussed before, so long as the new points are relevant.

Case in point, if someone wants to make a comment on a long dead Forum Game, why should we stop him?
Hermit
All Secrets Known

Next

Return to T.V. and Movies