CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Favorite Marvel Story Arc?

Home of Spiderman and others.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: Favorite Marvel Story Arc?

Postby Captain Epic » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:17 pm

Matapiojo wrote:#5 - Age of Apocalypse

Isn't there some alternete future where Apocalypse took over and fought the Defenders lead by Captain America with Thor's Hammer?
Captain Epic
Honorary Avenger

Postby Asger » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:07 pm

Annihialation- Good god, I fucking LOVE this book. So many epic moments, former Z-list characters like Nova getting turned into Grade-A badasses and launching obscure villains like Annihilus into the public eye. Events that followed it like War of Kings and Thanos Imperative have also kicked ass.

Planet Hulk- A great take on the Hulks character, which changes him from mindless brute into Conan-like warrior. Avoid WWH, that's its ass of a sequel.

Kraven's Last Hunt- This deserves a mention, as it takes Kraven and portrays him as a complete badass who manages to beat Spider-Man and outdo him. Before ending his own life.

The Gauntlet- Like Last Hunt, this Spider-Man arc manages to reinevent most of Spider-mans old rogues who have been viewed as jokes for years now and turns them back into the credible threats they used to be.
loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
Asger
Organ Grinder

Postby Captain Epic » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:06 pm

Fear It's Self is really starting to heat up I think. I also enjoy how Namor is having a bigger presence in the current Marvel Universe.
Captain Epic
Honorary Avenger

Previous

Return to Marvel Comics