FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Readers...

History of Factpile.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Readers...

Postby admin » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:56 pm

As with all things in life, people come and go. Having the luxury of being to watch from afar, I'm glad to see the mods on this forum taking care of business and dealing with situations as they arise. For that, I am extremely thankful to have their services!

The web is an easy place to express your opinion and feel somewhat shielded by your computer. Keep in mind that while your opinion may be just that, there are others who have experienced life for longer than you have and should be looked to if you need guidance or council.

As one of the oldest people who use the site, I often see comments posted that take me back to my train of thought when I was in my teens and twenties. THANK GOD the internet wasn't they way it is now. Remember that just about everything you post is stored somewhere in Google's massive databases somewhere and might be used one day as part of a background check when you are looking to advance yourself in your career.

Admin
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Readers...

Postby Dante Chief » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:04 am

Uhhhh....hehehehehe.....I should probably delete a lot of what I've said shouldn't I. Especially the little joke in Utopic Members that I'm sure made me look retarded as hell......oh damn.
Image
User avatar
Dante Chief
All Secrets Known
 
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:20 am
Location: behind you

Re: Readers...

Postby Megaraptor18 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:23 am

Dante Chief wrote:Uhhhh....hehehehehe.....I should probably delete a lot of what I've said shouldn't I. Especially the little joke in Utopic Members that I'm sure made me look retarded as hell......oh damn.


I don't think so just hidden your real name and no one will find out
It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!

Image
User avatar
Megaraptor18
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7132
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:29 pm
Location: The Battlefields of Factpile

Re: Readers...

Postby John-117 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:29 am

Where's Diana?

Anyways I'm always glad when you make these announcements admin.
Who knows maybe someday this forum will help someone become a doctor or actor or whatever floats their particular boat.
Deathtanker wrote:Okay a ninja sniper, who has no tongue and is cold blooded, with a sniper rifle that fires ice bullets and cloaking within a vacuum.

The One Sin in a nutshell.
User avatar
John-117
Utopia Warlord
 
Posts: 2373
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:37 am
Location: SSF Slums.

Re: Readers...

Postby SmilinJack » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:06 am

The only thing that went through my head while reading this is "Diana's screwed..."
Hope for the best. Plan for the worst.
Image
User avatar
SmilinJack
Utopia Overlord
 
Posts: 11033
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:50 am
Location: Hyrule

Re: Readers...

Postby Jwlynas » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:21 am

DivineChaos88 wrote:The only thing that went through my head while reading this is "Diana's screwed..."


Only if she gets things her own way.. Hah, double meaning are fun.

And on topic, I've no doubt there are a number of Factpilers who keep their identities safe for a reason, and some who could care less at the moment, only to regret it later in life. Personally I'm aiming to go the actor route one day, and a little bit of scandal (only a little mind) never did anyone any harm in that business, so I'm hopefully safe. Of course, if I end up an investment banker... Well, I'm holding all of you accountable. Bad influences all.
Image
User avatar
Jwlynas
Zombie Eater
 
Posts: 4133
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:31 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Readers...

Postby Dante Chief » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:28 am

Well there are no pics of me and the only people who know me full name on here are the ones who know me in real life and maybe some who go to Xat. That is if they remember it. :D Oh I have no Myspace or Facebook either so I should be safe........I hope.
Image
User avatar
Dante Chief
All Secrets Known
 
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:20 am
Location: behind you

Re: Readers...

Postby Matapiojo » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:47 am

Disclosing your real identity poses little threat. Disclosing personally identifiable information may be a bit much. This is specially true for underaged members.

That said, never be afraid of being truthful here if that is the reason why you frequent the boards. Just be mindful of what you share with others. This advice should be taken for any website. You guys give away TOO much information via social networking sites as it is.
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Image
User avatar
Matapiojo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5539
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:35 pm
Location: Uberville

Re: Readers...

Postby Dante Chief » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:51 am

Matapiojo wrote:Disclosing your real identity poses little threat. Disclosing personally identifiable information may be a bit much. This is specially true for underaged members.

That said, never be afraid of being truthful here if that is the reason why you frequent the boards. Just be mindful of what you share with others. This advice should be taken for any website. You guys give away TOO much information via social networking sites as it is.

I feel better then. Though I don't think Baron's mention of drug use on here will help him anywhere. I don't think I've posted anything too personal about me.
Image
User avatar
Dante Chief
All Secrets Known
 
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:20 am
Location: behind you

Re: Readers...

Postby Hitman H94 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:52 am

Dante Chief wrote:
Matapiojo wrote:Disclosing your real identity poses little threat. Disclosing personally identifiable information may be a bit much. This is specially true for underaged members.

That said, never be afraid of being truthful here if that is the reason why you frequent the boards. Just be mindful of what you share with others. This advice should be taken for any website. You guys give away TOO much information via social networking sites as it is.

I feel better then. Though I don't think Baron's mention of drug use on here will help him anywhere. I don't think I've posted anything too personal about me.

me 2
Image

Image
User avatar
Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog
 
Posts: 17780
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:34 pm
Location: Fighting In World War III

Next

Return to Factpile Journal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest