FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

History of Factpile.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

Postby admin » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:09 am

So, there have been many things that transpired over this past year, and as always, some things were great and others weren't.

No need to go into details, but let's just say that some issues were addressed, and changes are still on the way.

The interesting thing about evolution and a simple fact of life is that most people are afraid of change. It's much easier to stay in your comfort zone instead of getting out of it. A person can't grow unless they are challenged. This doesn't mean you will be successful at your attempt, but you will learn something that you didn't know before. This in time is what we old folks call "wisdom".

The Topia here is in a great place. Seems like many Pilers prefer this area over the mainland, and that's fantastic. The Mods here do a wonderful job. How do I know? Because I rarely get contacted by them with any issues. This tells me that they are on top of all events, and honestly, FactPileTopia couldn't exist as it does today without them, so all of you should take some time out to thank them for their time and patience.

Now to FactPile.

With the whole Disqus event, it was at that moment where the site had a defining moment. While in the past, changes made to the site had a few grumblings about what was done, in this case there was less tolerance. This only speaks to the way FactPile is experienced. From that, I learned that certain things are better left to remain in place.

That's also the reason for a new phase in the timeline of FactPile. The daily matches will always be a constant for the site, but I feel that in order to gain exposure for the site, more must be done. It's already started on the site with the appearance of articles that talk to our audience here, but also attempts to draw in new readers. With that will come new people to the site, and some of them will latch on and become part of our community.

There will be some topics that will not interest you at all. Others will. It's just the nature of the beast. I will also become more visible on a public front in regards to promoting the site as a brand. We have some very unique perspectives that we can offer to the world, and I think it's time to let the Web know about them.

The Pile rolls on and whatever shape it takes in the future will try to match the goals of growing the reach of our voice online. All of you are a part of it, no matter the size of the contribution.

“It was amazing how you could get so far from where you'd planned, and yet find it was exactly were you needed to be.”
admin
Site Admin

Re: The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

Postby Matapiojo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:29 pm

AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby SmilinJack » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:17 pm

I think Mata just summed up the response
Hope for the best. Plan for the worst.
SmilinJack
Utopia Overlord

Postby ka-tet19 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:20 am

Matapiojo wrote:Image

thanks to the one nut wonder that movie is ruined
whatever becomes has already happened before the after thought began at all
ka-tet19
Ready For Action

Postby Kyoterry » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:30 am

The reality of it is that you are knowledgeable.
Kyoterry
Plebe

Return to Factpile Journal