FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

The FactPile Experiment

History of Factpile.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The FactPile Experiment

Postby admin » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:32 pm

As most of you know FP is constantly changing (hopefully for the better), and part of that is to try new things. I'm sure some of you have seen some bizarro things on the site. Sometimes it's me intentionally trying something to see the response of my fellow readers of the site. Sometimes I'm blowing up the code of the site and that's why you see it, and a few times, the site's been hacked (3 times so far).

One essential part of all of this and why some features can't get easily implemented is due to the platform that FP resides. It's powered by WordPress, which is a great platform for blogging, but as you've all experienced, can also be buggy at times. Everytime WP releases a major version, it almost always causes one of my plug-ins to either stop working, or it blows up the site.

I've had many conversations about switching FP to a conventional technology like PHP, aspx, etc. While the next version of the site won't be doing that, I think in order to take FP to an elite level while require some heavy lifting and get some custom programming put in place using a technology and platform that can handle the demands of the users of the FP site.

I have a master plan that I've been working on, and no one knows how I will unfold it. (Don't believe anything Expert says about this particular topic - even he doesn't know) - but let's just say, I think it will make all FactPilers proud to be part of this site.
admin
Site Admin

Re: The FactPile Experiment

Postby Captain Epic » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:00 pm

Sounds great :) But for some reason I can never comment on Fett vs. Ironman. That is the only fight.
Captain Epic
Honorary Avenger

Postby Matapiojo » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:48 pm

admin wrote:I think it will make all FactPilers proud to be part of this site.

Lame that you imply we aren't already!
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Captain Epic » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:49 pm

Matapiojo wrote:
admin wrote:I think it will make all FactPilers proud to be part of this site.

Lame that you imply we aren't already!

I AM!!!!!
Captain Epic
Honorary Avenger

Postby admin » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:58 pm

That wasn't meant to be an insult. Instead think of it as we are running a marathon, and we're only on mile 3...
admin
Site Admin

Postby Space Marine » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:53 am

admin wrote:That wasn't meant to be an insult. Instead think of it as we are running a marathon, and we're only on mile 3...

And we are being chased by evil sharkgulls http://tkcollier.files.wordpress.com/20 ... k-gull.jpg That are swooping us and stealing our plug-ins while dropping giant turds on our heads while an army of soldier ants gather together to make a transformer ant. Just like the Crippletron from family guy.
Currently playing: Call of duty MW2, Motorstorm:Pacific rift, Going to get Uncharted 2.
Space Marine
Luminous Flesh Giant

Postby Beyonder » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:00 pm

Proboards have aaaalot of features good for a debating forum to be honest.
Beyonder
FactPiler

Return to Factpile Journal